MAC So Chaud

4.5

on 1/31/2015 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I totally love it because I find it super with my skin tone

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great red/orange colour. It looks like a warm red in low lighting but in daylight, it's a very vibrant orange. Absolutely love the colour.

The only downside is how drying it is but that's just how it is with matte lipsticks.

on 1/13/2015 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Was on a hunt for a nice red lipstick, am so glad I tried this on at the mac store, It was love at first sight, I have fair skin, Use NC 20-25, this is an absolutely gorgeous orange lipstick. I want to wear it every day now! What I love about this lipstick is that despite being a bold color, its not too over powering, it can be totally worn during the day and to the club at night!! I use Cover girl 215 passion lip liner with it and have got many compliments every time I wear it! Am totally in love...!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Let me start by saying this is the perfect red lipstick for my NC40 skintone. That being said, it's not an actual red...lol. It's actually a very vivid orange red that just looks gorgeous on warm toned gals who have a hard time wearing the typical "true reds" that are blue based and tend to make warm tones look sick and/or washed out. The color payoff is excellent. But since it is a very vivid intense color I could maybe see where this color isn't for everyone but if you're NC30 or above and have a hard time finding a red lippie I suggest trying this. This is my signature red lippie and I always feel super sexy and sophisticated when I wear it.

on 8/27/2014 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Let’s keep the price factor aside (as all the MAC products are on the high price range) what we must look out is if the product is giving you that utmost satisfaction for the price that have to you pay for. Judge a LIPSTICK on the no. of compliments you get ..........as rightly said by………… me ;) ;)
So talking about this fabulous shade SO CHAUD what shall I say..... if you have a medium warm skin tone like mine this is the perfect shade of orange you will ever find (I wonder why many people say it’s a shade of red???) Anyways, So Chaud is kind of that neonish orange color that you can wear it as is or if you feel like you can tone it down by adding a red color lipstick as a base and then apply this one on top.
It another such color that I am sure I will purchase again…………….not kidding!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a great coraly orange on me. I wanted Dangerous but they were out so the rep convinced me to try this. Didnt feel it at first but when I tried it for the first time the folowing day I loved the result! Bright, stays put. It's perfect. I'll still try Dangerous and see how that works and which I prefer but until I get it this gem is a keeper!

on 3/21/2014 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My favourite orange red EVER. For ref i am NC30-35 without a tan and NC35-40 with a tan and this always looks good on me. It brightens your face up without being OTT and is a great red for olive skin tones in my opinion or if you have warmer tones and find it difficult to find a nice red.

Will continue to repurchase but it lasts ages! I combine mine with a little gloss as the matte formula can be a little drying x

on 12/18/2013 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I picked this up earlier from MAC when I went in looking for the perfect red for my skin tone and the artist suggested it. She called it coral ish and it does have an orange hint, but I would say it is more red than anything. It was $15 and I got a similarly shaded liner for $16. The lipstick is labeled as matte. It has a very dry feel on the lips, but I love the matte look for lips. Make sure you moisturizer your lips first! My skin is NC 15 in winter, NC20-30 when tan in summer. This looks sooo perfect with my skin!

on 10/24/2013 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Such a PERFECT RED! Bcos the regular red doesn't suit everyone like myself. It has like a hint of orange. It makes any outfit pop! So amazing must buy

on 10/23/2013 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This is one of my 2 go 2 lipsticks. I love the pigmentation on this; very strong bold lip. But always gives a sense of tropic exotic look. For me the only downside is that it doesn't last long on the lips.

Recommended for Medium Skin