July 28, 2014 | 1454 users online

Lipstick - MAC - So Chaud

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by EboniBrandon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a great coraly orange on me. I wanted Dangerous but they were out so the rep convinced me to try this. Didnt feel it at first but when I tried it for the first time the folowing day I loved the result! Bright, stays put. It's perfect. I'll still try Dangerous and see how that works and which I prefer but until I get it this gem is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favourite orange red EVER. For ref i am NC30-35 without a tan and NC35-40 with a tan and this always looks good on me. It brightens your face up without being OTT and is a great red for olive skin tones in my opinion or if you have warmer tones and find it difficult to find a nice red.

Will continue to repurchase but it lasts ages! I combine mine with a little gloss as the matte formula can be a little drying x

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by WinkaWay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up earlier from MAC when I went in looking for the perfect red for my skin tone and the artist suggested it. She called it coral ish and it does have an orange hint, but I would say it is more red than anything. It was $15 and I got a similarly shaded liner for $16. The lipstick is labeled as matte. It has a very dry feel on the lips, but I love the matte look for lips. Make sure you moisturizer your lips first! My skin is NC 15 in winter, NC20-30 when tan in summer. This looks sooo perfect with my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by IfeAde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Such a PERFECT RED! Bcos the regular red doesn't suit everyone like myself. It has like a hint of orange. It makes any outfit pop! So amazing must buy

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Latoyanicola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my 2 go 2 lipsticks. I love the pigmentation on this; very strong bold lip. But always gives a sense of tropic exotic look. For me the only downside is that it doesn't last long on the lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by PaulaCabezas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the color of so chaud, is a bright orange but not so light as morangue. My problem with it is that I feel that it doesn't look matte on my lips and also that sometimes when I apply it looks really lumpy.

My sister has told me more than once that for her it looks very similar to ruby woo, but I must disagree, I think so chaud is much more yellow than ruby woo and not half as matte.

I do like the color but it's so temperamental with me that I don't think I would get it again.

Of all my mac lipsticks this is the only one that I feel like the formula has change since I bought it, and also, it's the only one that acts different every time I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by mkim12313

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the bright orange lips trend but had a hard time finding one that worked well with my skin tone. I am asian with medium, neutral skin tone, that is prone to tanning. Morange looked fine but it didn't have that effect I was looking for. That look I've seen in magazines and on the runway. "So chaud" is perfect! bright and happy. It looks red in some lights, orange in others. Anyways, whenever I put it on, I feel like a quirky but pretty j.crew model. Except like, a foot shorter :P

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

I really love the shade of this lipstick. For reference I'm an NC 45. I remember going into MAC looking for a bright orange lipstick that did not make me look strange. The SA originally suggested Morange which I hated on me. Then I happen to glance over So Chaud and it was perfect. This is a great lipstick shade for darker skin girls without being too over the top. You can minimize the rest of your makeup and pop this on and voila.

My only pet peeve with this is that I have to use a lip brush and lip liner to make it look perfect. This is not a lipstick you put on when you are in a rush. You have to make sure your lips are not dry and well exfoliated. The price is not too bad either. For me this is a definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by appleanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! I am a NC43 and this vibrant orange-red shade looks gorgeous on my skin color. The texture is pretty much the same as all other matte MAC lipsticks, you need to exfoliate your lips before & it stays put forever. I don't even need to wear any other makeup while wearing this. It makes my face. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm obsessed with rocking orange lips for the past year and this lipstick does not disappoint. This shade is bright, bold, and a great way to rock an orange lip when you don't want a full on orange, but a slightly softer and more wearable colour thanks to the red undertone. The formula is creamy, smooth, and has a matte finish. With the matte finish I always ensure my lips are properly pampered with exfoliation and hydration to avoid the cracked, patchy, and dehydrated lip appearance that mattes can enhance. Wear time is fantastic too.