Helena Rubinstein Lash queen

3.9

on 4/30/2015 3:41:00 AM

Bought it because of the good reviews. But I do not like it. I prefer my Chanel Le Volume. It does not give my lashes the thickness and length that Le Volume does. So a waste of money, unfortunately.

My all time favourite mascara! Gives great volume, can be layered up for a dramatic effect without clumping. My lashes looked volumised and curled. Fantastic product, will be buying again.

on 4/23/2013 9:55:00 AM

The best mascara I have ever tried hands down.
Keeps your eyelashes soft, fluttery & touchable even tho giving a "wow-effect" with the lenght and thickness this mascara provides.
If you want your eyes to be in the spotlight and are willing to put some time in them this is for you. Layer until happy!

on 12/18/2012 3:06:00 AM

me encanta!!

on 12/2/2012 5:01:00 AM

Generally, I would say that this mascara is one of the best I've tried so far. What makes it great are the amazing applying brush, staying power and the fact that it doesn't clump. What is not that great: it's not black black (like Hypnose mascara) and it dries after only 3 months since opening. I Had to add a drop of water in the container in order to make it last more. But even so, I would buy it again.

on 8/25/2012 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

The brush is fantastic! It separetes every lash and adds volume and lenght without clump. The packaging is super pretty and the mascara itself is quite good. The fomula has a great consistency but i need quite a lot of layers to get the desired result and at the end of the day it will start to smudge a little in the corner of my eyes. A quite good mascara but i will not repurchase as i know cheaper mascaras that are just as good.

on 1/29/2012 5:54:00 AM

My favourite everyday mascara was Clinique's Gentle Waterproof Mascara as it gave a very natural look, but sadly that's been discontinued. (I prefer a more natural look over a bad Liza Minnelli from Cabaret imitation.)
I tried several different brands and finally turned to Lash Queen (Waterproof, but not the Feline Blacks waterproof). It's a good mascara, doesn't clump or flake. One coat gives a good look, not too heavy. A second coat does make your lashes look more dramatic.
I tend to put the mascara on my upper lashes only - then by blinking a few times before it sets (it does take a bout 20 seconds to dry), enough gets on my lower lashes to provide a light, natural looking coating.

on 10/10/2011 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very nice mascara. A little bit expensive, but it's a HE brand after all. The packaging is a little heavy, and a little cheap looking with the leopard print, I think it would have looked more expensive with just gold. But the product itself is very nice. Seperates the lashes, gives a nice volume, holds a curl. The only thing is that it makes my lashes crunchy, and that is actually a factor for me. Overall, I would buy this again.

on 6/5/2011 9:45:00 AM

Most magazines feature Helena Rubinstein's mascaras, so I thought I'd give it a try. VERY glad I did!

While this mascara isn't promoted as a waterproof mascara, it held up even after having wet hair flopping all over my face when I got a hair cut at the salon. It also doesn't smudge or flake like a lot of other brands do after a long day at work.

It's great for lengthening shorter lashes, but I didn't find it super volumizing, which is why it gets a four instead of a five, but for my regular day mascara, it does the trick and the package is gorgeous!

This really disappointed me. It does not do anything nice for me. It is somewhat lengthening and volumizing, but it also clumps quite a bit and i don't feel I can "manage" my lashes very nicely with this. I also get a lot of mascara on my lid and on very tiny hairs that sort of grow above my "real" lash line?! I've never experienced this before with other mascaras and generally I just find it too difficult not to get mascara on places where I don't want it with this.

The finished look I get with this (also after removing mascara from the wrong places) is not very nice compared to what Max Factor Masterpiece Max or False Lash Effect/Lash Blast or L'oreal Voluminous can give me.

If this was a relatively inexpensive mascara i maybe would have given it 3 lippies, but since it's so expensive I really don't think it deserves more than two.

I wouldn't consider repurchasing it, and I hate that I feel I have to use this mascara up, when I really just want to go back to my Max Factor's.

Popular Mascaras