July 22, 2014 | 1684 users online

Shampoo - Aubrey Organics - Island Naturals Island Butter Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2007 8:03:00 AM More reviews by quaguin

I've been trying out different organic/sls and paraban free hair products, and this shampoo is one of the WORST. It smells awful and does not make your hair look or feel especially nice. I'd recommend Giovanni Organics 50/50 shampoo instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2006 2:27:00 PM More reviews by pezbot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I want to like Aubrey shampoos but they always seem to leave my hair feeling like straw. I thought for sure this one specifically for dry hair would be great but I found it too drying as well. The smell was delicious however, so now I am using it for my hand washables. Oh Well

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2006 5:46:00 PM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this shampoo; I am completely for not using Sodium laurel sulfates, but unfortunately, this shampoo was only just ok. My hair type is very much like the ones that people described - coarse, unruly, dry, and wavy. I have asian hair but it is naturally wavy/cury.
The shampoo doesn't suds very well, which I was prepared for, but what I really don't like is that it completely snarls and makes a "rat's nest" out of my hair when I shampoo - no detangling properties whatsoever, worse than chemical type shampoos. Although it seems very harsh, I know it's not so much - when I use the Island Naturals conditioner, it detangles it and my hair isn't that dry when everything is done, but my hair isn't really that much softer as other people have reported. I will continue looking for my HG shampoo... continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Caprig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My husband has long tapered hair. It is dry coarse and unruly. Chemical products all worked for a short while, but in the long run, they only damage the hair more.

JAY shampoo and GPB conditioner from Aubrey had worked miracles in recovering his hair from the chemical damage but they were not good enough for more regular use.

After trying almost every shampoo and conditioner on the market from salons to drug stores to natural foods stores, we have found the miracle duo for his hair. Island Naturals works wonders on his hair. It is soft, shiny, and the curls are beautiful. Hopefully, it has been a year, his hair will not resist it in the future, because it really did wonders for it! So far so good- it still looks awesome. The shampoo does not dry his hair or weigh it down and it definitely encourages curling- both the shampoo and conditioner. Sometimes he has RINGLETS!! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2005 5:11:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is excellent for biracial/multiracial texture hair. It tames the frizzes, defines the curls, and helps control dandruff. I doesn't remove buildup very well so I usually mix a little baking soda into my palm with the shampoo. It works great!!! The smell is really nice. It took awhile for me to get use to the lack of suds.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2004 1:52:00 PM More reviews by jlbff

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried most of the Aubrey shampoos & like this one the best. I use it also as a body wash. Smells great too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2004 3:54:00 AM More reviews by chokinggoddess

I have been using this shampoo for a while, and I love it. It does not lather very much at all, which took some getting used to for me, at first. If you want a really good wash, just wash, rinse, and repeat. I just love the smell, and it does not dry out my hair and scalp because it's 100% pure and natural. I use the conditioner as well. It also took some getting used to at first, because it has allspice specs in it. But I have come to love the scent and the way it treats my hair. The detangling properties aren't so great, though.