Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow in Champagne Fizz

Price: $

on 6/24/2015 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I love this shadow! It is a gorgeous cream pearl color with a very very almost metallic pearl-sheen to it. I particularly like using this shadow for a brow-bone highlight and in the inner-corners.
It would make a beautiful wash over the lids, but I love using lots of color on my lids, so this is more of a highlight product for me.

Would definitely repurchase and highly recommend to others.:)

on 4/21/2014 12:10:00 PM

This review is for the reformulated 2013/2014 version.

I wasn't impressed with the old version of these e/s singles. However, the reformulated ones are really great. This color is a pinky-beige-cream shimmery shadow with a slight pink/blue shift. It is extremely pigmented and works great as an inner corner highlight shade. Minimal fall out, great blendability and super cheap. Love it!

on 3/17/2014 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Nasty shiny white glitter bomb! This is no longer a matte, not even a satin. This is a waxy patchy white shiny mess with glittery fallout! Not even a hint of champagne, ivory or cream this is shiny white and far too shiny even to use as a powder highlight.

Epic fail!!! I have aging lids, this turned them into a white mettallic glazed lizard skin, for that aged reptile look that I was so delighted to see! NOT!!!!

I suspect it will do that even to young fresh faced teenagers.

I am a pale redhead. I shudder to think what this will do to anyone darker than me.

I strongly suspect the positive reviews refer to the previous matte eyeshadow with the same name. Why Maybelline chose to discontinue that nice matte satin champagne and launch this little box of ugly in the same name is beyond me. That was stupid!

Your mileage may vary! Proceed at your own risk. Glad I didn't pay more than 5$ Canadian at Shoppers.

on 3/29/2013 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow for under the brow bone! It doesn't take much, just a dab with your bush and you're good to go! The packaging is flimsy but this is a great eyeshadow!

on 2/4/2013 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favourite eyeshadow singles. I use it as a soft wash of barely there colour - It's very close to my skintone, so it helps reduce any redness or veiny-ness on my lids. The texture is great, so smooth and fine. I don't find it chalky in the slightest. I think I paid less than pound for this on a discount cosmetics website, so it's been a wonderful buy.

on 11/7/2012 7:23:00 AM

This shade used to be matte! I own the matte version, which I've hit pan on and have one back up. I'm so glad I have the back up because Maybelline has made this a shimmery shade now. Why didn't they simply give the shimmery shade a different name and keep the matte shade?! Love the matte shade for a natural brow highlight. I'm sure the shimmer shade is pretty, but ...oh well, I'll just use my back up and shut up...LOL

on 8/6/2012 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got this eyeshadow for days when I don't want to bother with eyeliner or fancy eyeshadow looks and just want to brighten up my eyes and look less like a Zombie. It's really nice! I use it without a primer, and it stays on all day, which is rare. The color is subtle and not noticible unless you get up close. It just enhances my eyes, which is what I wanted. It's also powdery (which I like), but not too powdery. The color is a light matte flesh tone. Also, you get a really nice amount of product for a good price. I'll probably get more of these shadows.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because I wanted a shimmery champagne eyeshadow for my eyelid. It has really nice pigmentation and when applied in the inner corner it really brings out my eyes . And when I have it on my lid it makes my eye color pop ( in a way ) . To me I feel like the packaging is a bit bulky but that's just me . Overall I really like this product and would reccomend it to a friend .

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Nice pigment, I used to use this all over my lid to give it some sparkle. Now, its too shimmery for me so i'll definitely purchase the matte if I see it. Amazing quality for a drugstore eyeshadow. I won't use this as a highlight because I don't.really like highlighting my cheekbones. Won't repurchase since the shimmer is overwhelming me me.

on 7/16/2012 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't use this eyshadow on my eyes as often as I use it for a highlighter. This shadow is my go to cheek bone highlighter! The pigmantation is great, and the champagne with gold reflexes color makes the perfect highlighter. It can be sheered out for a more natural look, or applied more heavy on those days I was to have a more dramatic glow on my face,