December 22, 2014 | 1660 users online

Lip Gloss - Stila - Starfruit Lip Glaze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I got this as part of a gift set from Sephora. It is a very nice medium pink with shimmer. Smells lovely, isn't sticky and appears to have good staying power. I am wearing it over MAC Viva Glam V and it also looked good over Viva Glam III.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as an extra in a swap. The first Stila lip product I have tried. It's a nice nude, neutral color. You can wear alone for a casual look or use liner to change it up. Not sticky. Not long lasting.
I do not intend to purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by onebadassbrunette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm fairly new to buying and using high end makeup products. I've always just used brands like Revlon or Covergirl until recently. I have heard good things about Stila products and this starfruit lip glaze was my very first Stila purchase ever. I normally never wear gloss of any type on my lips so the whole experience was a new one to me. I have to agree with the majority that the packaging causes you to end up wasting product because its hard to know how many clicks to twist. I do like the scent and color is nice with a subtle hint of shimmeriness. After having it on over the top of my lipstick, I noticed it felt sticky on my lips. A very odd uncomfortable feeling. It made me not want to let my top and bottom lips touch so I did not like that at all. I read some of the reviews on this and a lot said it was not as tacky or sticky as most are. I may just stick to my lipstick only.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

Love this shade - a warm pink with a slight peachiness. I can see tiny golden shimmers in the tube, but don't really detect them on my lips. Decent colour pay off for a gloss and I love that it isn't too heavy or sticky/gluey like some brands (you listening, MAC?!) Refreshing fruity smell upon application which I find dissipates quite quickly - but I can take or leave scent in my lip products, so that's not a problem. I have mixed feelings about the applicator - I love applying gloss with a brush, so it ticks that box for me, but I hate that the twist mechanism is difficult to control so is time-consuming and wasteful. One lippie off for the outrageous price - a whole lot of plastic, and very little actual gloss for your 15 (UK).
Nevertheless, I'm finding myself relying more and more on my Lip Glazes for day wear - and this shade will be a definite repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by olive430

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color - a great pinky-neutral for my olive complexion and just the right amount of shimmer. I like to keep my makeup pretty natural and this is just the right amount of pop without being too much. I gave it 4/5 because it is really expensive (but I have yet to find a good d/s comp!). The packaging is okay - I always feel like you don't really get your money's worth from those kinds of applicators - but it is better than a wand-type applicator if you're on the go.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 8:21:00 AM More reviews by mushy19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, LOVE this product. My girlfriends constantly ask me what kind of lipgloss I use when I wear this out. Def very flattering to my NC20 Yellow/Olive undertone complexion.

I'm not keen on the packaging but it works. The price is def outragious for a lip gloss but I always come back for more!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by mnmcpi

This is one of my top 5 products!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 6:26:00 AM More reviews by champagnestars

I think this is my 2nd or 3rd one already! (i bought the other 2 in different colours!) & i have the starfruit lip glaze stick right now too! thats how much i love this colour! The glaze is a tad more sticky but also more glossy & sheer when compared to the stick! really gorgeous! Try it & you will get what we are raving about!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by womanwarrior

Best taste/smell ever! It has a tropical fruity scent (not necessarily starfruit, which is really puckery), more like passionfruit or mango. Sadly, it doesn't have too much color payoff. I got this in a trio of minis, along with Brown Sugar and Apricot. And Starfruit is the most pigmented of the three. Plus it has that wonky Stila click-click-click... it's not working... click-click... blob applicator. Oh well. I'll use it up just for the flavor.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by UltraPremiumDeluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got the 8 piece set for Christmas and this was my first pick to try on. I didn't realize the color was so warm in the tube, it looked pretty neutral and pink. This is workable on my crazy cool complexion, but it makes my teeth look a bit yellowish :( Still, it's a very pretty and versatile color, and it seems to be a bit more pigmented than some of the others.
The formula is absolutely divine, I'm so glad I got a whole set!