CCB-Paris Illuminating Magic Booster

on 10/12/2004 2:07:00 AM

i got this as a sample too but quickly purchased the full size. It is a lotion and not a weird feeling primer *you know what i'm talking about* that seems to disappear as soon as you put it on your skin. I can tell how much I'm putting on and it makes my skin glow! LOve it!

on 10/3/2004 5:44:00 PM

I got this brand-new product (as of 10/2004) as a sample. It is another one of CCB's ever-expanding line of makeup bases and an excellent product at that. The consistency is creamy but easy to distribute. When I put it on my skin (after cleansing and moisturizing), it immediately gave it a somewhat pearlized effect but without looking artificial. Magic Booster contains light-reflecting particles in a pinkish cream which both work together to create a luminous but overall natural looking effect. I was quite pleased with the way my face looked - as if it had an inner glow.

CCB suggests to either mix Magic Booster with your foundation or use it alone, which is what I did. But I can well imagine that mixing it in with foundation would add just a little bit of a healthy sparkle to your face.

I really didn't find a downside to this product, except that the glow it creates on my face has a tendency to transform into a "shine" after a while, but I basically have this problem with everything I put on my face due to my combination skin. So this is not something I fault Magic Booster for. To counteract the shine, I use MB with a very thin layer of loose powder which I thought looked really good and natural and evened out my face in an almost perfect way.. I really recommend this stuff and for the girls with combo skin: Do as I do and follow with just a little bit of powder...