December 22, 2014 | 1822 users online

Eyeliner - Studio Gear - Cake Liner

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by hateyrguts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Once you get the hang of application, this is SO versatile (perfect for tightlining, wings, smudging, sheer or opaque, thick or thin lines), doesn't budge, doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes, has a nice matte finish, and one pot lasts a super long time. The trickiest part is using the right amount of water—what I do is wet a washcloth and press my brush onto it to pick up the water.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Kat308

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This will be my HG eyeliner!! I've tried gels-after a while they dri up and you get flakes on your face and I feel I don't get my money's worth. I don't like the pencils -they drag across my eye and sometimes hurt. I've tried Laura Mercier's cake eyeliner but I really like the Studio Gear the best. Stays right where you put it and it last all day. It's very dark, nothing to sharpen, product won't dry up and flake off. I would recommend using a good brush. I use a Mac eyeliner brush. I believe this eyeliner was $20 at Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been my favorite, most treasured HG eyeliner for about 5 years now. Yes, it takes a little practice to get the hang of working with it, but for me it's so worth it. The trick is to get a good brush. I can't stress that enough. I've gone through several cheap brushes with decent but not WOW results before finally investing in a good Studio Gear Sable Liner brush and applying is 100x's easier and it looks perfect. I love the look of this product and the staying power cannot be beat. It's well worth the money as it lasts for forever. Great product. When I finally run out, I will absolutely buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by trmarugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been looking into cake eyeliners for quite some time to tightline with. I was going to buy Laura Mercier's cake eyeliner, but while cruising on Ulta's website I seen the Studio Gear, thought why not, and placed my order.

It is fabulous! I just put a drop of saline solution (I wear contacts) in the lid and put some product on my brush. I'm using my ELF concealer brush because it's small and really gets the eyeliner right where I want it.

It doesn't transfer and lasts all day. I have a hard time with eyeliners staying put all day when I line my upper lids, but this stuff doesn't budge. Well worth the money because it will last a long time.

So glad I bought this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by VogueGrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this stuff since I was 16 and I'm currently 22. While this may not be the most convenient way to apply eyeliner, it's well worth the inconvenience. I use 2 eyeliner brushes to apply (an angle and a precision one), and wet them before I apply. This stuff lasts all day and night. It will not budge. I will continue to buy this this because I doubt I'll find something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by DeltaChai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish I could give this product 3.5 lipsticks. I really love the finish and how it looks and it's staying power. However, it's VERY difficult to work with. Don't get it wet enough and there is no pigment and it drags. If you get it too wet, it smears. It's hard to find a happy medium. Plus, it kind of has a smell to it. If you're good at cake liners, I would recommend this. But, if you're not (like me), don't try it .. it's not easy to adjust to.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by kellymoore4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had a difficult time finding the perfect eyeliner. I found the pencils easier to use, but they always smeared through the day and made my lids look greasy. Wet liner stayed on better, but was hard to handle, always too wet.

I love this cake liner! It stays on so well, and I've found it easy to use...just make sure you don't wet it too much.

It's more expensive than a drug store liner, but not that much considering the better quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have trouble with cream and gel liners as they smear and smudge. I like some pencils, but a lot of them tend to wear off and/or smear under my eyes as the day wears on. This is a dry cake liner that works like using wet shadow, but the pigment is more intense and the texture is better for lining so the product doesn't flake or drop into bits like some shadows. To use it, just wet an angled brush, dip it in the pan and the line goes on easily, smoothly and it dries fast, but not so fast that you can't adjust the depth or thickness... it can be a sharp, thin line or a smudged, smokey shadow effect. You can keep blending it while it's still damp for your look du jour. And if you mess up, you can add just a bit more water, and VOILA you can redefine or remove the line instantly. Then, once it fully dries, it stays ON... right where you put it - until YOU decide to remove it...excellent stuff and not overpriced either!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2007 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Audrey77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I have it in brown and black... I line my eyes, and then take a dampened q-tip to smudge it into the base of my lashes. Awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2007 2:42:00 AM More reviews by makeup_chica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it! I prefer to use this instead of gel or creme liners. It really does last all day.