Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

The tingling feeling you get when you put this on is peppermint oil, which can cause irritation and dryness... not something I want in a lip balm.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this is Coconut & Pear. It smells divine!! It keeps my lips hydrated and I love the simplicity of a basic lip balm. It will always be in my possession!

I have been using the Burts Bee's lipbalms for around two years and i literally cannot live without them, specifically the original Peppermint with vitamin E one.
I have always struggled with insanely sensitive lips and every other brand i have tried always leaves my lips feeling uncomfortable and suffocated. This peppermint lip balm is quite a lightweight waxy texture and has an awesome tingly sensation when applied which makes my lips feel cool and refreshed. This is certainly one of my holy grail products and i can hardly function throughout the day without it! I'm always reapplying it (mostly due to the fact that i love the way it feels) but you would only need to it apply it maybe twice daily for your lips to be super moisturised and happy all day.
I make sure to have a few sitting in their boxes ready to crack open if one of my three already open ones goes missing!
I am constantly recommending this product to everyone i know and i can never recommend this lipbalm enough. Favourite thing eve r.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is the only lip balm that I've tried from this brand.
The packaging is very practical for on the go. The price is very good.
The product leaves a tingly sensation on my lips because of the mint. I'm not a huge fan of that but I guess some people enjoy it. :P It's not the best product if you have already cracked lips. But for everyday use it's ok 'cause it gives a little bit of moisture without being greesy or leaving your lips too shiny. I wouldn't repurchase it though just because I'm not amazed by it and there are better lip balms out there.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This original version scented with peppermint has a much thicker, waxier and less moisturing than the other I've tried (pomegranate seed oil and grapefruit have a more balmy texture) and indeed, that tingly minty feelt when you apply it on your lips. Normally I would probably LOVE that, but sadly I bought this roght after a horrible flare of metal allergy/eczema that only affects my mouth area, and this stung me so bad I couldn't use it. But that's because my lips have now become super sensitive and needy. I gave this oneto my sister and she loves it. I guess I just have to give up on all minty things now, sadly. I appreciate that the waxy texture will protect my lips better and stop moisture from escaping, but at the same time the formula is not moisturing enough for my need (my lips are extremely prone to chapping. I need to apply lip balm the second I step out of the shower or they'll crack as soon as they dry). Still a fan of Burt's Bee, just not of this one product.
P/s If you suffer from the same eczema as I do, get anything with shea butter in it. It's the only thing that can help with my lips at the moment.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The Best lip balm ever. Can find/buy it anywhere, cheap and hydrates perfectly - even after it's worn off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am obsessed with burts bees. i love trying the different flavors/scents and i find that my lips never feel caked when i use burts bees compared to other chapt sticks!

This product was horrible for me. It gave me an allergic reaction on my lips. This is something that has never happened to me. I used it throughout the day and put it on before bed. The next morning I woke up lips red, swollen, and blisters all over my lips. It was awful! I don't know what is in this that caused this to happen, but I know I will never buy it again!

I really like this lip balm. I first tried it as a child and have been using it on and off for the past couple years. Some people may not like how waxy this lip balm is, but I love it. The tingly feeling and peppermint scent is great and it's awesome to wear under lipstick. I do have to keep applying after a while to maintain moisture, so I don't use it it a lot. The only difference between the formulas is a few ingredients, so it's a great knockoff

If you don't like the price, I recommend getting the 100% Natural Beeswax Revo lip balm. It's in a cute honeycomb shape and has more product for the same price as a Burt's Bees lip balm.

useless. i have tried lots of lip balms as my lips dry a lot and would rate this in the worst 30%

Popular Lip Treatments