September 17, 2014 | 1026 users online

Palettes - J. Lo - Glow So Pretty Color Look Book

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2005 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Msgdfx1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This palette was part of a fragrance kit that I purchased recently from Marshall's. I really love the Glo fragrance and it was a great price. I was kind of excitied about trying the palette as I love bronzey tones and shimmer.

Well, these products have practially no pigment at all. The palette includes two eyeshadows, a pearly cream shimmer, a pearly lip gloss and an odd, invisible bronzer with gold flecks.

However, I have been playing with the palette and have been able to make it work for me. I apply my typical makeup use these products to highlight my brow bone or cheekbones. And, believe it or not, it really creates a bright, highlighted look for me.

So, I am pretty happy about the pallete.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2004 12:37:00 AM More reviews by linicat

I agree with the previous posting-- SAVE YOUR MONEY. This is nothing but cheap drugstore cosmetics shoved in a cheap cardboard "palette"-- NOT like Stila's! The colors are ultra light so you are forced to use so much just to put some color on your face. Trust me on this one, if you want to look like the Great Pumpkin, this is for you. No trick or treating makeup for me. This is going straight to Ebay.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2004 6:41:00 PM More reviews by powderpurr

This was purchased based on the colors in the palette. My sister & I tried it and we both agree that we get a "glowing look" but if you are a fan of pigment then this is not for you! The overall rating is a 3 due to great colors but minus 1 lippie, for cheaper quality & another lippie for an extremely high price (Now I know why JLo is the richest woman in Hollywood!) Cheap meaning you need to use alot to get the colors to show up! Also, when you touch the shadows with your fingers it feels chalky and you can't really see the colors on your fingers or on the back of your hand!... But than again, could this be the bronzed look that JLo wanted to achieve?.. An all over glow with very light eyeshadow?! The 18 K Eye Shimmer is a nice golden yellow peach in the pan but goes on lighter, almost white. The directions say to put this on the eye crease. The Sun Kissed Eye Shadow is a shimmery sheer mink/brown color. Again, very pretty but it takes layers to see the pigment! The ALL OVER Bronze Glimmer actually has the most pigment & it the best out the lot. It creates a sparkling radiance! The Radiant Glow Illuminator added glow around the eyes & temples! The Luminous lip gloss is very light/pale but looked better when a clear gloss was added on top of it. We both agreed that this would make a great starter kit to get a bronzed look. I applied the makeup this morning and it's 6 p.m. & it's barely noticeable. Best for starters, sorry JLO, we really wanted to love this!
UPDATE: For those who want more pigment, I found alternative eyeshadows but it really changes the Glow look! For a variation of the 18 K Eye Shimmer: Stila Mango. And for the The Sun Kissed Eye Shadow: Bourjois Paris 01 Regard praline rose!
If I were to purchase any of the items from this product again it would have to be the All Over Bronze Glimmer. But at these prices there are so many other choices out there! UPDATE 2: I took a power nap with the makeup on and when I woke up my boyfriend thought I had a black eye...Yikes!