April 21, 2014 | 954 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Jumping Juniper solid

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by mrskrohn

PROS:
-Lathers well.
-Smells delicious, like lavender and lemon. Not overpowering. Very natural.
-Makes my hair very, very shiny. Almost artificially shiny, actually….like a doll’s hair. Kind of weird but very satisfying.
-Makes hair squeak while washing the product out. Definitely feels clean.
-Decent price for a product that will last a while.

CONS:
-Smell doesn’t last once my hair is dried.
-Have to put this in a container or in a place where it won’t get wet and dissolve in the shower.

BOTTOM LINE:
Would repurchase. I feel good about using something natural that smells great and gets my hair super clean. The shininess is great and it doesn’t take much product to lather up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by AJ3141

This is my first experience with a bar shampoo and I am very impressed! I think the bar format is perfect for travel since you don't have to worry about the liquid spilling in your makeup case. This lathers perfectly and cleans well. It was $10, but the bar will last awhile. I use 3-4 swipes on my damp shoulder-length hair. There's a light scent that doesn't linger after I've rinsed it out. I'd buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by SKWKLBF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the closest thing I've found to a HG shampoo. I have very oily skin and hair due to birth control ugh so one day after washing it looks wet. It's gross. With this thing I can generally get a bit longer out of my hair! It really gets the grease out. The only thing I would change about this is the packaging situation. I understand that it's good for the environment but it's a nightmare. You can get a tin for it, but it will STILL stick to the bottom of the tin and you'll lose product. If you don't buy the tin you're even worse off. I like the smell, it's kind of fresh and lemony but not overpowering at all. I'm on my 4th one now I think, and I'll repurchase again and again because it's the only thing I've found to work for me, despite the annoying packaging situation. I recently bought Veganese conditioner and will be using it with that to see if they work well and are both light enough for my thin oily hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by ThatGirlWithOmbreHair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This I would say is the mildest shampoo bar that lush offers, it's just a plain jane shampoo for guys and gals that want to wash there hair and jump out of the shower. It's not as clarifying as some of the other bars, it has a very light delicate fragrance that surprisingly sticks in my hair and cleanses without fully stripping. But the best part about it is that it lasts forever! I've had it for about a year and there are four other girls in my household who use it , so it gets used almost everyday. It's so good because it degunks the hair from product and leaves it clean for days on end. However the trick is to keep in in your roots, if you lather this up all over your head then it can dry out the lengths and ends of your hair a hell of a lot. Good product and a great price.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Moodam1

Was getting bored of standard high street shampoo and was looking for an alternative to combat greasy roots and dry ends, though prior to using this my ends were A LOT better. Jumping juniper came highly recommended online and from the shop assistant so decided to give it a go. Don't have a problem with the price. It lasts a fair while so worth the money. First time I used it I was delighted. It lathered up tremendously and my hair felt clean, squeaky clean. I used American Dream conditioner on the ends after but felt it didn't do much for me. After drying the first time my hair I wouldn't say my hair was soft, just clean. The real test came 2 days after the wash since this is when my hair get super greasy. I noticed a reduction in oil so was happy the shampoo was doing the job. However after a few uses my hair became extremely dry, my scalp flaky and hair reeked after the first day. I use more batiste now then I ever did and my partner complains my hair has major dandruff and a horrible stench. No matter how much product I use on my ends to hydrate it nothing works. My hair falls out like crazy too. Will not buy after this bar. Going to see hairdresser in two days to see what she makes of my hair. Not recommended

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by KatieDaniella92x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate this product, it did nothing for my oily roots & just dried the rest of my hair out! It also made my scalp feel tight & dry, my mom also had this & she used it a few times then went to see her regular hairdresser & he couldnt believe the hot mess it left her hair! He said alot of people had came in with the same complaint, straw like hair. & i have no idea if this product had anything to do with this but i noticed the same week i used this my hair started falling out more than usual & took a few months to go back to its normal self, all in all i recommend staying away from this unless your hair is literally like a deep fat fryer! Its offically scared me off trying any other lush products :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by miffffy

This is one of my favorites! A few months ago I accidentally washed my hair with some Dr. Bronner's soap...I ran out of all my shampoos and heard that you can use the soap to wash your hair...big mistake! Anyways, my hair was this greasy heavy mess even when I would wash it everyday and I was trying all different shampoos to get the oiliness out of my hair and that's when I found this shampoo!! This shampoo lathers really well and it really cleans your hair to the roots. It even makes it a little squeaky...which I know some aren't that fond of, it does seem to really strip away all excess oils. I personally like to use this shampoo once a week almost like a clarifying shampoo to get that product build-up out. It smells really nice but once you put it in your hair you don't really smell the lemon or lavender but that's not a big deal for me. I think it's a pretty good price for what you get since the shampoo lasts for so long.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by JenasMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just love this shampoo so much! Takes my oily messy hair and makes it so soft beautiful! It does a great job of getting rid of unnecessary oils! At first yes it makes your hair have that squeaky clean feeling some people wouldn't like but after your hair dries its the softest hair ever! My hair has never looked better in my life. I pair this with veganese and after the show I spray some bumble and bumble prep spray and finally I add in a curling cream (not much like a dime size that's all you need) and when my hair is dry I'm so happy with how it looks! Ill be re purchasing this shampoo bar over and over!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by flicklick

my hair has always been very oily until I need to wash it everyday because if i dont, it will be so greasy and it's just unbearable. I have tried PLENTY of shampoos to treat my oily hair ranging from the normal brands like Pantene etc to good brands like Redken, TreSemme etc but none of it helps. Until, my boyfriend got me this solid shampoo known as Jumping Juniper from Lush and it works wonder! My hair is squeaky clean now, I dont have to wash it everyday anymore! The smell is great and refreshing, my boyfriend LOVES LOVES LOVES the smell of my hair now. It is easy to use but the only advice from me is, DO NOT leave it in your bathroom openly because it melts pretty darn fast when in contact with water and in no time, you realize your shampoo bar is all gone which is quite sad because it is not cheap! So what I do is I keep it in a tin container (you can purchase the tin container at LUSH itself but any decent tin container will do actually as long as it has lid to prevent air from entering because the tin container from LUSH isn't cheap either) and it can last up to 2 months! I can finally bid my farewell to oily hair and scalp right now, and I'm so thankful for this product! Highly recommend, go try it now!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by icefemme

This shampoo really work fo my hair as well, before my hair is very oily, and I have to wash it every day. after I wear juniper my hair oil-free until 3 day..
But this shampoo makes my scalp have dandruff, and I would not buy this product again.