October 23, 2014 | 1398 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Jumping Juniper solid

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Aj912

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have extremely greasy hair!! To the point where I sometimes have to wash my hair twice a day to keep it at bay. When I heard some good reviews about Jumping Juniper, I rushed to Lush to buy it. At around £5 a bar, for what the assistant said would be 80 washes, the price seemed amazing!

I got this bar home, and the first wash was great! It left my hair shiny and clean with a light feel, however it did take a while to lather up. On the second day, my hair was a tiny bit greasy, but not as greasy as usual- so I was happy! I used some of the No Drought Lush dry shampoo, which I was told would help the grease, but it didn't really make much difference. On the third day, when I came to wash my hair with it again, I could feel my scalp starting to itch. When I dried my hair this time, I noticed that my whole scalp was flaking with dandruff and I had to go to work with my hair in a state!!

I'm going to have to stop using this bar and hope that I can finally find a solution to my oily hair that doesn't dry my scalp out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by emysiu

I had mixed reactions to this solid shampoo bar. I have dry hair and split ends, but need something that can still clean my hair well, without stripping it. This will clean your hair super well. It's definitely for those with normal to oily hair. I like the fact that compared to other solid shampoos I've experimented with it doesn't leave that waxy feel in your hair. I love the smell of lavender, but I it's just not strong enough with this bar. The smell winds up being a bit of a musty juniper-not the best scent to have in your hair. I will say though that if this works for you, it will last you a LONG time. I tried it for about a couple weeks and it looked practically pristine at the end of that.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by LemurLover95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros: .Does exactly what it says, I.e. remove the grease from your hair and makes it feel really clean . Hair has more shine to it . Only need to wash hair every five days instead of every other day . Lasts ages- I've had my puck for over three months, and I can still get another two months out of it quite easily . Lathers amazingly . Vegan . Environmentally friendly and not tested on animals Cons: . Can be *too* effective at cleaning, causing a dry scalp if you use too much or too often . You do need to condition afterwards . The beautiful smell doesn't last once you've rinsed Would buy again! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by mrskrohn

PROS:
-Lathers well.
-Smells delicious, like lavender and lemon. Not overpowering. Very natural.
-Makes my hair very, very shiny. Almost artificially shiny, actually….like a doll’s hair. Kind of weird but very satisfying.
-Makes hair squeak while washing the product out. Definitely feels clean.
-Decent price for a product that will last a while.

CONS:
-Smell doesn’t last once my hair is dried.
-Have to put this in a container or in a place where it won’t get wet and dissolve in the shower.

BOTTOM LINE:
Would repurchase. I feel good about using something natural that smells great and gets my hair super clean. The shininess is great and it doesn’t take much product to lather up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by AJ3141

This is my first experience with a bar shampoo and I am very impressed! I think the bar format is perfect for travel since you don't have to worry about the liquid spilling in your makeup case. This lathers perfectly and cleans well. It was $10, but the bar will last awhile. I use 3-4 swipes on my damp shoulder-length hair. There's a light scent that doesn't linger after I've rinsed it out. I'd buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by SKWKLBF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the closest thing I've found to a HG shampoo. I have very oily skin and hair due to birth control ugh so one day after washing it looks wet. It's gross. With this thing I can generally get a bit longer out of my hair! It really gets the grease out. The only thing I would change about this is the packaging situation. I understand that it's good for the environment but it's a nightmare. You can get a tin for it, but it will STILL stick to the bottom of the tin and you'll lose product. If you don't buy the tin you're even worse off. I like the smell, it's kind of fresh and lemony but not overpowering at all. I'm on my 4th one now I think, and I'll repurchase again and again because it's the only thing I've found to work for me, despite the annoying packaging situation. I recently bought Veganese conditioner and will be using it with that to see if they work well and are both light enough for my thin oily hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by ThatGirlWithOmbreHair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This I would say is the mildest shampoo bar that lush offers, it's just a plain jane shampoo for guys and gals that want to wash there hair and jump out of the shower. It's not as clarifying as some of the other bars, it has a very light delicate fragrance that surprisingly sticks in my hair and cleanses without fully stripping. But the best part about it is that it lasts forever! I've had it for about a year and there are four other girls in my household who use it , so it gets used almost everyday. It's so good because it degunks the hair from product and leaves it clean for days on end. However the trick is to keep in in your roots, if you lather this up all over your head then it can dry out the lengths and ends of your hair a hell of a lot. Good product and a great price.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Moodam1

Was getting bored of standard high street shampoo and was looking for an alternative to combat greasy roots and dry ends, though prior to using this my ends were A LOT better. Jumping juniper came highly recommended online and from the shop assistant so decided to give it a go. Don't have a problem with the price. It lasts a fair while so worth the money. First time I used it I was delighted. It lathered up tremendously and my hair felt clean, squeaky clean. I used American Dream conditioner on the ends after but felt it didn't do much for me. After drying the first time my hair I wouldn't say my hair was soft, just clean. The real test came 2 days after the wash since this is when my hair get super greasy. I noticed a reduction in oil so was happy the shampoo was doing the job. However after a few uses my hair became extremely dry, my scalp flaky and hair reeked after the first day. I use more batiste now then I ever did and my partner complains my hair has major dandruff and a horrible stench. No matter how much product I use on my ends to hydrate it nothing works. My hair falls out like crazy too. Will not buy after this bar. Going to see hairdresser in two days to see what she makes of my hair. Not recommended

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by KatieDaniella92x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate this product, it did nothing for my oily roots & just dried the rest of my hair out! It also made my scalp feel tight & dry, my mom also had this & she used it a few times then went to see her regular hairdresser & he couldnt believe the hot mess it left her hair! He said alot of people had came in with the same complaint, straw like hair. & i have no idea if this product had anything to do with this but i noticed the same week i used this my hair started falling out more than usual & took a few months to go back to its normal self, all in all i recommend staying away from this unless your hair is literally like a deep fat fryer! Its offically scared me off trying any other lush products :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by miffffy

This is one of my favorites! A few months ago I accidentally washed my hair with some Dr. Bronner's soap...I ran out of all my shampoos and heard that you can use the soap to wash your hair...big mistake! Anyways, my hair was this greasy heavy mess even when I would wash it everyday and I was trying all different shampoos to get the oiliness out of my hair and that's when I found this shampoo!! This shampoo lathers really well and it really cleans your hair to the roots. It even makes it a little squeaky...which I know some aren't that fond of, it does seem to really strip away all excess oils. I personally like to use this shampoo once a week almost like a clarifying shampoo to get that product build-up out. It smells really nice but once you put it in your hair you don't really smell the lemon or lavender but that's not a big deal for me. I think it's a pretty good price for what you get since the shampoo lasts for so long.