MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.2

on 6/28/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I really want to love this lipstick but I don't know if it likes me at all. It's a matte beige pinkish nude that seems to suit lighter skin tones. I have tried lining it with a brown liner, seems weird. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions? Other than that I think it's a beautiful shade for lighter ladies

on 6/10/2015 5:47:00 PM

This is such a great shade and I can see why it has such favorable reviews. It's a beautiful peachy shade with a hint of pink, not too light and not too dark. The matte texture is comfortable but slightly drying so I put a non-greasy lip balm (I love Zambeezi) underneath before application. This is not quite a MLBB shade on me but pretty close. I feel like I could wear this with almost any makeup look and it wouldn't come across too dark, warm, light, cool, etc. It just makes lips look plump, pretty, and sexy.

For reference I am fair skinned, cool undertones with honey blonde hair, blue eyes, and very pale pink lips.

on 6/7/2015 2:21:00 PM

Kinda Sexy is a really unique colour that you just wouldn't be able to find in a drugstore. The matte finish is nice and creamy and not as drying as some other matte lipsticks. I bought this as a replacement for one of my favourite Estee Lauder lipsticks that had been discontinued. It's such a pretty colour and I find it really compliments my nc15 skin, whereas many other peachy red lipsticks are so unflattering. I've tried many of MAC's lipsticks and I would definitely say this is one of the best shades they offer. Definitely recommend.

on 5/11/2015 1:38:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I had heard so much about this lipstick, and today was the today that I finally bought it. In the Netherlands it's hard to get the lipstick, because here they sell it only at a MAC (pro) store, instead of in the local shopping mall their counters.
So I went to The Hague today and finally picked this up. This is definitely my new HOLY GRAIL when it comes to lipsticks. I'm a NC 35-37 during the winter and NC 40-42 during the summer and I've tried alot of MAC their 'nudish' lipsticks. Velvet Teddy is too grayish on me and Blankety is too light and glossy, same as Shy Girl.

I'm so glad that I bought it because it has a matte finish which I love, the colour doesn't wash me out and it's an my lips but better lipstick in my opinion.
When I'll run out of Kinda Sexy, I must run to the store and get a new one!

My first Mac lipstick! I bought this as it looked similar to Velvet Teddy which was out of stock. Needless to say, after trying VT I'm so glad it wasn't in stock as Kinda Sexy is my all time favourite! I find that it is creamy on the lips, suits my complexion well and is the right colour to wear with anything! If you don't have Kinda Sexy in your collection, then get ordering. I'd pay double the price!

on 5/11/2015 9:12:00 AM

This one took me a few tries to figure out, but I put in the work because the finished result, combined with a bronzy everything else, is the perfect '60s beach bunny look. I haven't been able to find a dupe of this color that I like.

Kinda Sexy is a light peachy nude, with a tiny hint of pink. It's lighter than my natural lips and it's a MAC Matte, meaning it's opaque and can be kind of difficult to work with. The lighter shades IMO can be slightly patchy and unforgiving of minor flaws on the lips. You need to prep your lips before applying, and a liner reallllly helps even everything out. It's hard to find a liner that really matches this too, I have yet to complete this quest. Application is fine, the MAC Mattes have a tendency to not drag on me and apply almost chalky-creamy, if that makes sense. I find this does NOT work with MAC Prep + Prime Lip underneath (that trial was a hot mess), but Nuxe lip balm provides a perfect base because it dries matte.

FYI I have chronically dry, naturally wrinkly lips...this makes them sound gross lol, they're not I promise. It's just that mattes have a tendency to settle into my lip lines, but this is such a gorgeous, flattering shade on my olive complexion that I don't even care. Kinda Sexy INDEED.

Wear is okay. It's not the longest lasting lippie on me, and can look weird if I don't check in on it. Again...I *really* wish this was in the MAC Satin formula, my favorite lipstick formula of all time. That would totally make my life.

on 5/10/2015 9:55:00 PM

I bought this the other day along with Sushi kiss, and I immediately fell in love.
This is a great peachy nude matte colour, and on me it is a darker 'my lips but better' shade.
Love it!

on 4/22/2015 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My third lipstick i ever got from MAC and i wear it almost everyday. I was looking for a nude lipstick at mac counter when i found kinda sexy. It's pinkish peach nude and matte, one of MLBB. Long lasting but you still need to reapply after eating. I don't think i'm gonna repurchase, but it's not because i'm not happy with it, simply because i wanna try other lipsticks from MAC.

on 4/7/2015 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm older. That being said there is no one from 16 to 60 who can't benefit from a lipstick that brightens the face. This looks close to natural, but it's definitely a step above. Especially nice with a tan but works without.

on 4/7/2015 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Being someone with a darker skin tone and slightly pigmented lips it's been a little difficult to search for s perfect natural my lips but better shade and I can say this is a great contender for that. This lipstick is nude a little on the darker pink side but with a brown undertone. This is perfect for my lips! As it is matte it can be drying but not as drying as I expected. But, I still recommend using a lip balm or exfoliating your lips for a smooth application. This lipstick also lasted me 4-5 hours until it started fading and that was with me eating and drinking.