MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.2

on 8/25/2015 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this as a 'panic buy' when I was in store as I had a voucher to use. I knew I wanted Velvet Teddy but asked the guy assisting me what he recommended as a natural holiday colour for my second choice. I was overwhelmed when he showed me about 7 different shades that all looked very similar so I pretty much just closed my eyes point and said 'that one'.

On leaving the shop I looked at the product I had just bought and compared it to my Velvet Teddy and I was so disappointed as I they look so similar in the tube! I thought I'd just bought a dupe of the same lipstick.

HOWEVER... when I got home and tried this on - pairing it with my fav Soar liner - I was amazed! This colour is so fresh, natural and really brightened my face! It looks totally different to velvet teddy when it's on. Matte has always been my favourite finish at MAC and this one doesn't disappoint. It lasts for ages! I always find I need to re-apply at around lunch time but that's after a couple of coffee's.

Will definitely be re-purchasing after I've used all this & I can't see it being long as it's my 'go to' shade now.

on 8/11/2015 6:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is my second Mac lipstick and I got this from the airport in taxfree price, so it was 17. The Mac employee did not recommend matte finish lip products for my dry and patchy lips but I ignored it and bought this. Unlike most lip products, this doesn't settle into the dry parts on my lips and accentuate them at all! It starts to feel drying after a few hours but so does everything I've tried so far. This is super fun to apply as it slides evenly on my lips and looks silky smooth. I love the color and matte finish, this became one of my favorite make up products ever. The quality is amazing

on 8/10/2015 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this lipstick for the most part. Keeping in mind that it is a matte finish, the formula doesn't feel dry or cakey on the lips at all, and is actually quite comfortable to wear. Depending on your undertones, this lipstick may pull a little orange on you, but in saying that it still doesn't look bad. Wouldn't repurchase this, as it is not a HG for me, but it is a nice colour and formula if you are looking to try something from Mac :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I seem to have had an awful time picking out MAC lipsticks that look good on me! I am blonde, blue-eyed and have pretty neutral skin that is fair-medium. This lipstick sucks the life right out of my face. It pulls completely nude (not pinky-nude, like my lip color, but just plain sand colored) on me, and washes me out pretty badly. Just a case of needing to try this in person and not just order it online. I did the same with MAC Please Me and it was also horrible on me. I've had better luck with MAC's Velvet Teddy and Plumful (I'm wearing Velvet Teddy in the only picture I have on my profile). This probably looks lovely on darker skinned ladies, or even lighter skinned ladies...I seem to be stuck too much in the middle for it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The search is over.. This color really meets my expectation on nude-pink-not so bright on medium skin tones. Yes, this product is transferrable, while its not be a serious problem since this isnt liptint, quite long wearing, you need to retouch after 2 times eating a whole meal. Comparing with MUFE, this product is more pigmented

on 7/10/2015 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was on the hunt to find the perfect nude lip and i believe i found it. I wear 3mac products ,stripdown lipliner ,kinda sexy and coincidence in macs lipglass. After adding the products i press my lips onto a tissue. The best i can describe the look it gives me is that natural pouty Keira knightly lip.
I love this combination, even my husband commented how sexy my lips looked :) i hope this helps anyone who is looking for a great natural lip.

on 7/4/2015 2:20:00 PM

This is HG for me. Its a pinky-rose matte lipstick, maybe it can be more suitable for summer but it's definitely my all time favorite.

on 6/28/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I changed my mind. I love this lipstick. Made it work by pairing it with Jordanna retractable liner in brown suede. Works beautifully. I'm a Mac NC45 for reference

on 6/10/2015 5:47:00 PM

This is such a great shade and I can see why it has such favorable reviews. It's a beautiful peachy shade with a hint of pink, not too light and not too dark. The matte texture is comfortable but slightly drying so I put a non-greasy lip balm (I love Zambeezi) underneath before application. This is not quite a MLBB shade on me but pretty close. I feel like I could wear this with almost any makeup look and it wouldn't come across too dark, warm, light, cool, etc. It just makes lips look plump, pretty, and sexy.

For reference I am fair skinned, cool undertones with honey blonde hair, blue eyes, and very pale pink lips.

on 6/7/2015 2:21:00 PM

Kinda Sexy is a really unique colour that you just wouldn't be able to find in a drugstore. The matte finish is nice and creamy and not as drying as some other matte lipsticks. I bought this as a replacement for one of my favourite Estee Lauder lipsticks that had been discontinued. It's such a pretty colour and I find it really compliments my nc15 skin, whereas many other peachy red lipsticks are so unflattering. I've tried many of MAC's lipsticks and I would definitely say this is one of the best shades they offer. Definitely recommend.

Recommended for Medium Skin