September 2, 2014 | 1549 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

MAC NEEDS TO CHANGE THE NAME TO "HELLA SEXY".

Absolute perfection.
I walked around MAC looking for the perfect nude shade, just so I could copy Angelina Jolie as Lisa Rowe in "Girl, Interrupted". I literally held up a picture of Angelina's lips to every lipstick in the store til I found the perfect one.

I was always worried about nude lipsticks, what with my pale skin and thick lips and all.
Most nudes always make my lips look nonexistent.
Kinda Sexy was the exception!
Definitely an essential.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ashli185

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Reminiscent of MAC's Flattering from their 2010 Matteene (sp?) collection. LOVE! I line this with my Jordana Coco Loco to get a lovely nude lip. Perfect addition to my no makeup/makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Cecily8

I got this from the back to mac program. I love this colour!! I always want a nude lippie but nothing too nude. This is a perfect pinky/peachy nude! It doesn't wash me out and it makes my lips appear fuller. since it is a matte formula, it does look dry as the day goes on. It's not tooo bad though. I usually top it off with a lipgloss or use lip balm underneath. If I dont use lipgloss on top, it tends to fade unevenly but it's okay because i love the colour! I dont mind reapplying. I will def buy this again when I run out. I use it almost everyday!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by may93

This just takes too much work to look good on me. I have really warm undertones and on my pigmented lips, Kinda Sexy is almost too pink and light so it washes me out a little. NC 40 with berry colored/mauve-ish lips, for reference.

Makeup Forever carries a lipstick from their Rogue Artist Intense line called matte orange pink (matte #2) and it's practically a dupe for Kinda Sexy, but slightly peachier and warmer. It's soooo much more flattering on me and has become my HG neutral/nude lippie. I recommend that if Kinda Sexy didn't work for ya!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked the color. and love to wear it with with gloss. But I find myself annoyed whenever I apply it because it is too dry..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

Beautiful, Beautiful peachy/pink matte formula. Not a MLBB for me but definitely works well with my skin tone and awesome to wear for day or when I need and understated lip and I don't want to wear a plain nude or have time to be layering color. This is a matte so it will be dry and very opaque. You need to have exfoliated, moisturized lips or this will look a mess. I do use a gloss from a local merchant if I don't want the color so flat on top on occasion, but i always put a good balm on first thing before applying any makeup and when I get to my lippy I blot off the excess balm and it does help with the dryness. IF you do not like dry or matte formulas I suggest Sheen Supremes for MAC. You will not like this. If you are looking to extend the wear time on this try putting the color on, blotting and adding a lite dusting of HD powder and then re-apply the color. It will hold longer and give a bit of stain. The only color I've ever had complete staying power was one of the cover girl 24hour wear formulas. but this will last pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by gpsbabyyy

this is my go to everyday lipstick. i use 'soar' to line my lips then i use kinda sexy. its the perfect combo!!! especially for us blondes :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by greenopal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the colour of this, it really suits me and I honestly thought I'd found my holy grail natural pink lip colour after years of wasting money on colours which seemed perfect but weren't.

The texture is horrible though. I own and use several matte Mac lipsticks and like wearing them. This looks dry and 'chalky' though despite the fact that I use lip balm underneath it.

It doesn't last very long either and needs frequent reapplication which is surprising as all of my other Mac mattes last for hours and stain my lips. Kinda Sexy does neither of these. It just seems to sit on my lips and actually flakes off which isn't very attractive.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by misshennie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I got mine after getting review here and there. I mean so many ladies and girls out there review it. I am typical person who prefer matte lipstick rather than any other lipstick finishing (glossy, stain, etc).

I am an asian in NW20-25 in MAC. this lipstick is what I really want from a nude lipstick for everyday use. It's peachy-pink on me. It glides easily on my lips, which I amaze. I think the formula will be drying and I need lip-balm before applying it. But it's no. It is just perfect. It is opaqua, pigmented.

for the 15 USD lipstick, i think this is worth every penny. Since I almost use it daily, I think i'll repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I back to Mac'd for this recently and have been wearing it every day since. It is a peach nude with pink undertones, in a matte formula. Even though it's matte it is not dying which is a big plus for me. I'm NC30/5 and I think it flatters my skintone nicely. I like to apply Mac lip conditioner first. Beautiful.