November 27, 2014 | 1549 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have naturally tan skin and this was a non flattering nude. It also looked very dry. I might have as well put foundation on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by carelesswhisper

Kinda Sexy was my favourite lipstick in summertime. I'm quite pale even in summer, and I loved the look it gave to my lips. It's a bit too peachy for winter for me, so I can't wait to use it again. Even if it's a matte shade, it's not very drying on the lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

I love this colour. Colour opacity is great! Super super long lasting. It's a peachy nude, and for my nc37 skin it doesn't wash me out at all. For a matte, not drying at all! I'm quite impressed. Short, sweet & to the point!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

On my NC30 skintone, this 'peachy' nude turns very orange. It's more like orange-creamsicle nude on my lips, which aren't very pigmented to begin with. The formula is also very unforgiving. I have other MAC mattes that do not accentuate every single lip line nor make my lips look parched and puckered. This one's going back.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Makeupfanlover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Unfortunately ... I thought it could fit well on my fair skintone but it looks like I wear a brighter shade of concealer on my lips totally fail!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by brunettebordeaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy grail, peachy nude that isn't too light and immediately enhances the face. It DOES give that Angelina Jolie look to some women I have seen wear it. It is the perfect color, especially for my NC30 skin. I first bought it in 2004 and in 2014 I am still lemming it.

The only downside it is EXTREMELY drying, even with chapstick. It has had the same effect on my friend, who has the opposite type of skin than I do (I have dry skin and she has oily). It is such a shame because it is a beautiful lip color that receives many compliments and has other women asking, "What lipstick are you wearing?". I guess I am allergic to it, too, because the skin around my lips turns red, flaking and peeling. But ah... such is life. If there was a cremesheen version of this lipstick, I would consider buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

MAC NEEDS TO CHANGE THE NAME TO "HELLA SEXY".

Absolute perfection.
I walked around MAC looking for the perfect nude shade, just so I could copy Angelina Jolie as Lisa Rowe in "Girl, Interrupted". I literally held up a picture of Angelina's lips to every lipstick in the store til I found the perfect one.

I was always worried about nude lipsticks, what with my pale skin and thick lips and all.
Most nudes always make my lips look nonexistent.
Kinda Sexy was the exception!
Definitely an essential.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ashli185

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Reminiscent of MAC's Flattering from their 2010 Matteene (sp?) collection. LOVE! I line this with my Jordana Coco Loco to get a lovely nude lip. Perfect addition to my no makeup/makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Cecily8

I got this from the back to mac program. I love this colour!! I always want a nude lippie but nothing too nude. This is a perfect pinky/peachy nude! It doesn't wash me out and it makes my lips appear fuller. since it is a matte formula, it does look dry as the day goes on. It's not tooo bad though. I usually top it off with a lipgloss or use lip balm underneath. If I dont use lipgloss on top, it tends to fade unevenly but it's okay because i love the colour! I dont mind reapplying. I will def buy this again when I run out. I use it almost everyday!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by may93

This just takes too much work to look good on me. Maybe my lips are just too pigmented... Speaking as an NC 40/42 girl, Kinda Sexy looks straight up neon orange-pink on me! Not flattering :( It's too bad because it is such a pretty color in the tube. Also, this lippie in particular is SO DRY. I've tried other matte lippies by Mac and they aren't nearly as uncomfortable (Velvet Teddy, for example). I'm giving this to a friend. It looks way better on her!