October 31, 2014 | 1432 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Oceanus Body Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by elkelangley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't think this product is still available, but I remember I had it years ago when I was a child. I remember I loved it, and I really treasured it lol, I only used it maybe once a week because I was scared it would run out too quick. So I always used it after a shower or bath, and it always smelled very refreshing. The names "oceanus" is very fitting for the product :) it does remind me of the ocean, the water, the beach life... very fresh and clean smell.
Although the product isn't available anymore, I wouldn't buy it anymore. I like more natural and soft smelling creams/lotions nowadays.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

I love Oceanus It smells like green fresh sharp soap. I can still smell the scent even after a few hours of wearing it. The lotion is pretty moisturizing as well. The scent adds cheer to the winter

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It seems this has been discontinued, but I still have a small bottle... because I don't like it enough to use it up. The smell is just... I can't even describe it, but it ain't pleasant. Boring packaging as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by marsqurine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love The Body Shop products and I used to think that Oceanus is the perfect scent for me :) This particular body lotion is described on its own website "Moisturising body lotion that leaves the skin smooth, supple and subtly scented with the fresh, aquatic unisex Oceanus fragrance." :) While it did partially remind me of the sea, I think that some notes do not smell exactly right, unlike other readers :) Maybe I got an old or bad tube :) Also, while this smell nice in the bottle, when I slather it all over myself after my shower, I realized that it does not smell that great anymore, maybe this is one fragrance that smells appealing when used sparingly :) It is a very pretty blue in the bottle though, and I just love looking at this sometimes :) For a body lotion, it does its job well and leaves my body well moisturised :) I love it that it does not leave a sticky after-feeling :) Being located in sunny Singapore where it is humid here, we cannot use oily lotions but this is just right :) I will not repurchase this, but will try out other scents in The Body Shop :)
Ingredients: Water, Octyl Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Ceteareth-20, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Steareth-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Blue 1

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2006 12:24:00 PM More reviews by bebedoc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does moisturize well but I think the smell is a little too potent for me...but its a very pretty blue color! = )

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2005 11:24:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved the smell, but this stuff did nothing for my skin. It was irritating and drying. I began to wonder if it was made of sea water alone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2004 8:46:00 PM More reviews by teddy_toilet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff soo much!! The second I opened the bottle the entire area around me smelled so heavenly!:)It's a nice combination of water lilies and berries and has a nice marine, oceany fragrance that has been my fave for years. Good moisturizing lotion. Almost every girl in my house uses it which there are 3!! Everyone I know who uses it loves it, and if I ever get the chance, I would definatly buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2004 12:13:00 PM More reviews by radekal19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scent- its a clean marine smell- perfect for a man or a woman. The lotion is very nice too- prefect texture, not too light or too rich. This lotion is awesome year round.