August 29, 2014 | 1801 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Antiqued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Antiqued is a warm coppery rust brown that looks absolutely stunning on my green eyes and warm complexion. It is very smooth and pigmented and blends like a dream. It simply is that perfect rusty brown with shimmer and although I do own similar shades (Glamour Check and Black Honey by Clinique), it's the one I reach for the most.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Cat82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

One of my all time faves!! Gorgeous for day or night!! I sometimes use it with mac sketch aswell!! Love love love!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This shade has replaced Mulch as my absolute MAC favorite. It is an absolutely gorgeous rust/copper/brown Veluxe Pearl that applies like a dream. It really brings out my green eyes and makes them pop. I love to pair it with Brown Script in the crease. One of my favorite eye looks. It's so buttery smooth and richly pigmented. I think it's beautiful enough to even wear alone on the lid and maybe blended out a bit. It's that good.

This eye shadow is so versatile that it can be paired with many other shades. One little tip that I picked up is to use Constructivist Paint Pot on my lids first and then apply Antiqued on top. That makes the shade stand out even more and also helps with staying power.

There may be other cosmetic companies who might have a shade similar to this, but for me this is such a unique shade. This will always be in my eye shadow collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by ANBoudreaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this shadow a lot, it's one of my first MAC shadows ever. I wouldn't buy it again simply because I'm sure I can find a very similar shade outside of the MAC realm. NYX pretty much has it covered.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Dramos620

Beautiful color it goes so well with folie . Amazing for fall!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Katelrobs3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dear lawd I loooooove this eyeshadow. Antiqued is a browner copper/bronze hybrid that packs some serious pigmentation it's just wonderful, especially with my baby blues! I love pairing this with NYX's jumbo eye pencil in "Rust" as a base with Antiqued all over the lid for a more sultry, night out look and during the day time I love popping this in the outer corner with Urban Decay's Sin over the lid, it truly looks good with anything! Blends great and not to mention this shadow lasts alllllll day, just adore this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ElizBehrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow.... Antiqued is probably THE most GORGEOUS red/brown/rust shade I have ever seen or used. It is so pigmented, and it blends like a dream. Absolutely stunning shade. It was so gorgeous on my lids that I didn't use anything in the crease because it seriously was just too beautiful of a color to mix with anything else. Stayed on even through my workout!! So gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nc 30-35, warm and yellow undertones

Color is a warm copper shade with purple and brown undertones. This definitely makes my brown eyes pop. I love pairing it with purple eyeshadows to make a colorful smoky eye. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Seriously underrated shade!!

Price: $15 CAD
Colour: pure dark copper
Finish: pearlescent with golden sheen; slightly metallic
Pigmentation: medium to full
Texture: buttery

In a very short time, it's become my all time fave colour! It's so versatile and wearable! I lice wearing this in the crease with any warm colours on the lid. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Alisaaaish

I just received this today, it's my first Mac eyeshadow and I've wanted it for SO long. I've seen reviews about how great it is for any eye color especially green (it's the opposite of red on the color wheel). It's the most gorgeous red-brown with shimmer. In the pan I saw it and thought 'oh god, will I regret this?' it's quite intimidating and I even swatted it and thought that it looked alot like Rust by NYX. When I applied it it just seemed to make my eyes brighter, sexier and I LOOOOVED the effect.
I've heard it's quite similar to Glamour Check by MAC which was a limited edition eyeshadow, (dupe for that would be shimmering sienna by Revlon) and I find Antiqued has alot more red while Glamour check is brown with reddish shimmer. I apply this all over the eye and lower lash line, with any kind of brown in the crease.
I can't believe how much I love this eyeshadow!! Anyone and everyone should have a color like this, unless you're quite fair then I can imagine it being stark.