January 31, 2015 | 1611 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Woodwinked

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2015 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Alk1231

Wood winked is amazing. I've been wearing this as my base color for years. People would always ask me what it was. I don't mind spending a little extra on this because it lasts me months and I literally wear it everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2015 10:10:00 AM More reviews by queenM100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Woodwinked is nice with my brown eyes but not as nice as Satin Taupe in my opinion. A brown bronzy colour. Def not one of my favs but its nice for relaxed days and subtle colour on the lids I guess. Goes on easily and has a nice shimmer to it which is expected of this veluxe pearl shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by ninanina

Woodwinked...a true multi tasker! It will, as an eye shadow make you look truly rested. BUT, my little secret: I use this as a bronzer. VERY lightly I 'dab' it on and it's perfect. The reason is that it has 'depth' and it's the perfect mix of red, bronze, brown ... As I've said before, often, I use many MAC eyeshadows on my 'face'...Soba for contouring, Mythology for a blush, Naked Lunch as an all over highlighter for evenings out. All of these I use with a light hand or they would be too frosty...blend, blend and again blend and you can create a perfect face. Practice too. Enjoy! Have a great Thanksgiving all you beautiful women who take enough time and care to make yourselves just that much more pretty.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I fell in love with the idea of this idea from seeing so many gorgeous tutorials online. Unfortunately this shadow looked horrible on me. I am very fair skinned with green eyes. It just looked reddish orange on me and didn't blend in the buttery way that other similar shadows like Satin Taupe do. Honestly I think it was just simply down to my colouring because this appears to look stunning on other people! Had to give this shadow away unfortunately!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by sunkiss3d

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Woodwinked is a beautiful medium golden bronze eyeshadow. If I can only pick one eyeshadow, I would definitely pick woodwinked. I have tan skin (NC40 in MAC), and woodwinked looks gorgeous on my complexion. It has a veluxe pearl finish, which means it has shimmer but not overwhelming which is why it is perfect for both day or night makeup. When I don't have a lot of time to apply my makeup, I just wear it by itself, apply eyeliner, mascara and I'm ready to go.

Why you should get wood winked:
- beautiful bronze color - suits any skin tone
- highly pigmented and blends like a dream
- long lasting - when use with a primer (I use e.l.f.) it lasts for a whole day

For the price I think woodwinked worth every penny, and it will last for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by enilsson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product! Buttery, pigmented and simply beautiful! Slightly pricey, but because of the quality of this product, it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite MAC eyeshadows.

I don't need a crease color, or any other eyeshadow color with it, it's beautiful on its own. I'm half Chinese (NC30, yellow undertones, light brown eyes) and it compliments it beautifully. It provides definition to my eyes. I usually apply all over the lid and blend it and then use a pencil brush to apply underneath. Sultry, defined eyes in an instant. I can't even describe the color because some days I think it's a bronze, or then it looks like a deep gold or then like a bronzey gold.

Also, whenever I'm wearing this one, I receive a huge amount of compliments and people take a double look.

All Time Favorite!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Cranberrydoesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall
Um... AMAZING! Perfect for any skin tone, age, eye colour, whatever, wood winked will look stunning on you! I would definitely recommend you to try it on with a mac 219 brush or something similar to it to just brush on a light gold, bronzish shimmer all over your lids for some definition but you could also pack it on your lids with a dense shadow brush! I find it pairs beautifully above the Maybelline's Bad to the Bronze colour tattoo!!

Pros:
-Easily blendible
-Pigmented
-Great packaging, I love the mac eyeshadow system
-Pairs easily with other colours
-Flatters absolutely anyone
-I have had no shadow fall out so far

Cons:
-Expensive, although I think the price is justifiable for the product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

1 of my fave eyeshadows, this is almost beige on me, looks good w a nice MAC nude lippie like Blankety or Hug Me for a low key cute look. I needed a good brown eyeshadow & this fits the bill perfectly. I am NC15. The SA picked it out for me & I can see where this would be a cult classic. I love this eyeshadow!! It's very versatile & goes w about any lippie thou. The quality is great, long wearing & easily blends. Day or night time, just a good useful thing to have in ur makeup collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by lupitastar07

I have amber eyes and am 30-5 NC, I always get compliments on my eye color whenever I wear this.