September 15, 2014 | 968 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Coppering

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by blair_77_1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Purchased for my Mom as she went gaga after trying this on at the counter.Its a gorgeous shade that is blend able with many other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by billierosetyler

I love this eyeshadow. Works well when combined with NARS Isolde Duo.

PROS:
* Great colour that complements blue eyes.
* Not too shimmery, so it's wearable during the daytime.
* High quality and easy to blend.

CONS:
* Pricey (AUD $33).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Coppering is pretty much exactly what it says on the tin, a true copper shade. Its a stunning colour, its also true to the pan colour, like when its swatched or applied to the eye its exactly the same as the colour in the pan. Being very fair, I find this colour extremely hard to work with, even though its incredibly beautiful. Not saying that fair people can't rock coppers and warm tones, because I do love my coppery warm tones, I just think that because its quite a red toned shade it can be a little harsh or make me look like I have some sort of infection! I haven't totally found my signature look with it yet, although I do like pairing it with burgundy or deep purple shades like 'Sketch' or bronze/brown shades. However, I can't do it down because even though its not one of my most used shades I love it a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love this colour. I mix with Mac Bronze and apply to lids. I then apply Mac Print to the crease and blend. Stunning. Apply Mac Print to lower lash line and then mix Bronze and Coppering from Mac and go over the Print on the lower lash line. Use Teddy or Smoulder eyeliner from Mac. My HG smoked brown eye look. Looks stunning for evening night out or even day time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by PARA_NOIR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

VERY pigmented and applies on the eyelid the way it looks in the pan when used over a primer. The formula is great, smooth, not patchy. I am NC 20, warm toned skin and light brown hair. Coppering brings out my green eyes and is flattering when used sparingly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by emilijajan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My first eyeshadow from MAC and hands down the best! This is such a beautiful color, makes every eye color pop! In my opinion this is a must have for everyone! Love it:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

At this moment I would not purchase Coppering again. It is just too overpowering for my coloring and seems to turn colors on my skin. When I first apply the color it looks just like the color in the pan a true rusty coppery color (same color as a copper wire) however, after a few minutes it ends up looking even brighter than when I applied it and almost a fiery red pink color instead. It just ends up giving my eyes an inflamed look much like Cranberry and Plum Dressing did. I think Coppering would look amazing on people with a much darker complexion than my own. I tried to tone it down with neutrals but the bright red/orang/pink color still showed through instead of mixing with the neutrals. Such a rich pigmented color just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This color, like Bronze, is one I use to make my blue eyes stand out. Coppering works better for me in the summer, when my skin has a bit of color on it. I tend to wear it with black eyeliner on the waterline/tightline, and take it under the eye as well as all over the lid. It is a mesmerizing color for a smokey eye look on a fair skinned and blue eyed individuals. A heavy black or even burgundy mascara is perfect with this eyeshadow.

It's part of my blue eye arsenal, and I highly recommend it for yours!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Zougbonou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Coppering is one of the most amazing colors that let's blue eyes "pop." Use your normal eyeshadows, but place "coppering" in the inside corner of your eyelid and blend with a stubby brush. Because red and blue are on opposite sides of the color wheel, the red of "coppering" is just enough to make blue eyes sing!

I only give it a "two lipsticks" for packaging because it shattered when I dropped it on the bathroom floor!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Earthyeyes

This is absolutely stunning!
I was debating for a long time whether this eyeshadow would suit my skin tone and eye colour, and I am so glad I finally tried it out. It is a gorgeous coppery bronze colour on my medium brown eyes and makes them stand out in a very unique way.

I layered this over a subtle pink eyeshadow and the lined the upper lash line with Mac's Superslick Liquid Eyeliner in Nocturnal. Who knew it would look so beautiful?! But it truly did and my other half (who suggested this combo while he treated me to some Mac makeup - lucky me!) really couldn't stop looking at my eyes.

So ladies do try this with pinks and even accents of silver and you will look, truthfully, amazing. Thank you Mac for this gem!