August 1, 2014 | 1089 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Asianlily

My favourite eyeshadow colour of all time! A beautiful pinkish gold that goes beautifully over the eye. Like most MAC eyeshadows, it blends like a dream. I am not sure why other reviewers have mentioned that the pigmentation is poor because I think it is perfect. It very easy to apply and the colour payoff is great. In fact, my eyeshadow lasts all day on me (perhaps it is because I spray MAC Fix+ all over my face as a setting spray). I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by elencole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The pigmentation is decent and enough for a colour of this kind to show on a fair complexion (I'm a NC15-20). It's not the most pigmented Mac eye shadow I own, though. If it doesn't work as an eye shadow for you, give it a try as a blush. Mac doesn't have a return policy in the UK (unless the product is faulty), so being inventive can save from binning products that failed to satisfy our needs.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Dee2014

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Lousy pigmentation... I must say most of MAC eyeshadow have lousy pigmentation. Not sure why so many people rave about them. Everytime i went to MAC counter looking for a specific eyeshadow / eyecolour, I always left dissapointed. They look nice in the pan, but when i swatched them, couldn't see the colour at all. Pigmentation very bad, all glitter no colour. The matte ones appeared whities or muddy on my skin. Except for the very dark colour ones. My skin is fair, and usually can carry any colours quite well. UD, Make up Store and Bare Escentuals shadow certainly better, in formula, pigmentation en staying power. For the price, not recommended at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by quiksilvababe

**if you're looking for a pigmented bright color that really sticks, look elsewhere!**

my sister gave this to me because she didnt like it.
it's got a VERY subtle pinkness to it, great for a gold/sunkissed face. I actually used it as bronzer+contouring!
has a soft gold hue with it as well, VERY light natural color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Veluxe Pearl is my favourite MAC eyeshadow formula and Expensive Pink does not disappoint.

The colour is gorgous - a pink and gold, heavily shimmery shade. I'm a sucker for rose golds, so this was a must for me. It goes on very pigmented on my NC15 skin and the formula is so easy to work with. Goes on evenly and easy to blend - perfect!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

This color is VERY pretty.. but unfortunately it was not what i was looking for. It was too light, and sheer. I was hoping I could at least build it up to look the way it looked in the pot. But I just wasn't able to. It DOES have a great sheen with flecks of gold in it, so it is certainly a unique pink color. But my search continues for my perfect pink...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Disappointed!Color gorgeous but pigmentation sucks!Hard to get on brush en even harder to get on the eye lid.Put several layers but stil not very impressive. result

The UD X is an almost exact color and much better quality eye shadow.M.A.C unworthy this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great pink eyeshadow with a gold shimmer. If you're familiar with MAC pigments, this is somewhere between Melon and Rose pigments. Not as bright as rose, but has the gold shimmer that those two have. Looks good as a lid color with a neutral or warm brown in the crease. This is just a solidly good MAC eyeshadow. It lasts well, blends well and isn't too loud or hard to work with. It is also a versatile shadow that could be used in everyday looks or bold looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

This is my second go around with this shade. I picked this up almost a year ago and I'm just getting around to playing with it. Right off the bat once I took it out of its packaging I noticed that it looked a bit different and its nothing like the first EP I purchased. It feels very dry in texture and even the color just looks a bit off. I'm a tad bit bummed out because it came across more coral pink with gold. I will not go for round 3 on this shade as I'm pretty sure that I probably won't hit pan on this current one.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Girlybunny13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I REALLY like this eyeshadow