October 31, 2014 | 1141 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Sumptuous Olive

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this shade so much, but I just can't like the shade on me. It pulls a off gold colour on me with no green. It makes my dark brown eyes really pop! It's soft and silky and super easy to blend out. Recommend it to others, it just doesn't work on me!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this on a whim, and it looked a little different in the light of the shop than what it did when I got it home and applied it. It's a beautiful colour - partly green, partly gold/bronze-ish. It's definitely one of the nicer greens I've seen for sale.
I like it, and like all MAC shadows it applies beautifully and lasts all day but I was hoping for something just slightly greener or less gold. I doubt anyone would notice the difference between this and Woodwinked once applied and that's why I won't re-purchase once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm usually not a fan of green eyeshadows at all, most of them come off looking street walkerish lol. One day I was in MAC and had just discovered how nice their eyeshadows were and I couldn't help but be distracted by Sumptuous Olive. I kept going back and looking and swatching it. I was a bit scared cause it's a green shadow and lots of them never work for me but this one had the prefect amount of gold and brown undertones to it so I bought it. Best decision ever! It's the only green shadow I will ever purchase. It's not too Forrest green, its definitely not a bright green, it's a gold green with some bronze undertones. It works great for people with hazel eyes and brown eyes. It's a veryt multidimensional looking shade as well, depending on what brushes you use it can almost looks like you're wearing two different colors. I love pairing this with woodwinked which is a gorgeous gold and I also pair it with swiss chocolate for a sexy green smoky eye. The texture is so smooth and very pigmented. No fall out! It's a veluxe pearl so it has a beautiful shimmery sheen to it. MAC shadows are a bit expensive but I think it's worth every penny. Thank you MAC for helping me conquer my fear of green shadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I just love duochromes!

It's am olive green/khaki dirty brown with a pearlescent finish. Very buttery and gives a full colour payoff.

I effing love this shade! it's a super easy way to add a hit of colour to your everyday eye makeup.
A must have for everyone, esp for hazel eyes or brown :D Seriously, go buy it, you won't regret it

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I could never wear green(nw15 blue eye) but this shade with some Khaki tone looks pretty on the lid and not makes my skin tone looks weird, it's my everyday color now.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by emmalybtch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is a pretty color, but it's a lot more gold/bronze than green once it's on the eyes. I wish it had more green in it. really pretty color for fall :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by elencole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing texture, one of the best green eye shadows on the market. Great for fair skin and hazel or brown eyes. I pair it with Brun on the crease and the outer V (blended out). Amazing result!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a love/hate relationship with Sumptuous Olive. It's a beautiful shade and perfect for an olive toned smokey eye look. This is the love part.

The hate part is that it's a bit too 'yellow' for my skin tone. (Asian, NC30/35) Consequently, if I don't use another shadow to counteract the yellow, I end up looking 'sallow'. Yech!
I've paired it with All That Glitters and Woodwinked and it works all right with Sumptuous Olive but it's still not one of my favourite looks.
This colour would suit those with more fair skin tones or South Asian skin tones, I think.

I still love the texture but it's not a colour I reach for too often.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best green shade colored eyeshadow I have in my palette. The color payoff is absolutely wonderful. It's a veluxe pearl so you know the color payoff is fantastic. The shade is very blendable where you can wear it dark or wear it light. It really depends on how much you use. Hands down the best shade of warm green you can find out there. WOW. Get a backup of this just in case, I did.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by annahogan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

With my green eyes, I am always worried green eyeshadow will be too matchy-matchy. But this shade is sumptuous! Its got enough gold in it to make it more neutral than broccoli green. Its truly stunning. I bought this shadow without seeing it in person and just based on photos and reviews from MUA and I am so glad I did. Another homerun shadow from MAC!