October 30, 2014 | 1797 users online

Loose Powders - Clinique - Gentle Light powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by gwb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product with all the satisfaction for me. Expensive but long lasting I think mine lasts me 1.5 years as I am not a type of person goes to work everyday and has to have a fully made up face. Very gentle luminous powder, never makes the potential spots angry unless you have 2 layers of foundation. Most amazing powder I ever used, had lots of compliments when i have make up on with this amazing powder. I am NC20/25, and I use 03 GLOW, it is a perfect match as I hate looking like orangey and pinky. The only downside is that it comes in a big sifter jar and when you travel it can be trouble, but this can be prevented wit separating it to small sifter container jars to travel to work, or school etc. I would not give up this powder for anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by emmaanne001

It's rather expensive.
    It's a good powder, but it's rather luminous. I've actually had people tell me that my face either looked sparkly or glowy.
    There is ALOT of product in this thing.
    If you can handle loose powders, then you would have no problem with the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by flufffycloud9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My local Clinique counter carries this powder in four shades:
    02-Glow 2 VF- the lightest; would also make a good highlighter for medium skinned girls
    03- Glow 3 MF- has yellow undertones; the girl at the counter recommended this for summer instead of the shade lower; it matches my skin tone so I can dust it over my full complexion when I want
    04- Glow 3 Neutral- ? I don't understand this color name but in person it has pink undertones (so it's the only one I haven't worn)
    05- Glow 5- the darkest shade; accidentally applied by the counter girl because it was mislabeled; strangely did NOT show up bronze on my lightly tanned skin

This is a beautiful sheer product that adds a nice glow to my face, not matte but not dewey either. Someone said 'it's like skin but better' and I agree. It's also versatile- I can dust it over a fully made-up face or just over primer & concealer for a less heavy look. If you go with the latter, I'd suggest setting the concealer parts with pressed powder (one great tip I use is to always set my concealer!). They almost shouldn't call this a powder because I feel like it reverses the typical flat powder look.

The applicator brush is scratchy and makes the powder feel coarse. I use a Sonia Kashuk brush that's the same head size. And for on the go, I just load up my pressed powder puff and bring the compact.

Sample first! I really like it, I'd buy it again... even at $23, it's a LOT of product and will probably last me a year easy with everyday use.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by micipici

I just hate this powder...It's to powdery i think clinique blended is wayyyy finer milled. But that's not the biggest problem.Shimmer in it is gold and SO obvious on face i cannot bare it (and i love dewy ,i love shimmer too but not all over the face)...I dont understand whats gentle about it...It looks like i put MAC soft and gentle MSF on my face..
    But i will definety use it up cause im gonna use it on my body..I think it'll look nice like that.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by brookej1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This powder is too powdery for my taste. The color was also a little pinky for my skintone. I would not repurchase this product again. I am glad to say, I did not have any breakouts or clogged pores w/ this stuff :) I'd only reccomend if you like a powdery/matte finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by asr2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was too ashy for my NC 43-45 skin tone...next time, I will try something less pink/ashy.

Another reviewer suggested using Glow 3 (I had bought Glow 4) since it had more yellow and less pink. I would think that's a good idea if your skin is darker but has gold in it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this in shade 4(which is shade 3 nutral) and it goes on like a glow of a bronzer.Im pretty light and wanted shade 2 but the sales lady thought this would give me more color for summer,which it will. Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by bubblyface17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a great powder. i use this over clinque even better foundation and i looks flawless! its super light so it doesnt feel cakey and its a really good price for the 1.2 oz of product youre getting. most loose powders are about the same price but give you less than half of what clinique gives you!
    great deal and great product! i would recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Lilmisssammy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to use this religiously but then I ran out and didn't buy it for a couple of months. When I finally went out and bought it again it was like night and day. I seriously forgot how great this powder was! I put this on over my foundation and it lasts all day. It's great! My best friend told me, "omg, your skin looks amazing! What's your secret?" and I told her that this powder was my secret! I promise, people will notice the amazing glow on your face after you apply this. I feel like a movie star with this powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Ire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought my second one (one shade darker though for summer).
    I had it in glow 03 and I just got glow 5/4. It's by far the best shimmery loose powder.
    The sparkles are not very intense really --when you apply it on your hand it looks like a highlighting powder, but on the face it doesn't. It leaves a glow-y finish on the face making the complexion bright and fresh (you can't even tell though that there are sparkles in the powder)! Camouflages pores and blackheads perfectly, and can be applied under eyes too. I apply it all over (no foundation) and over blemishes (after concealer) and get a perfect natural look.
    Didn't break me out. It lasts for a looooong time --even with every day applications.
    The brush is a bit useless --you need a bigger brush to apply this evenly.