July 29, 2014 | 1479 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Shimmermoss

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by lepoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am in LOVE with this eyeshadow!!!! This eyeshadow, Plummage, and Coastal Scents Coffee Brown are regulars on my rotation! I love the look of them together, this one is super blendable, and it absolutely pops on most every skin tone and every eye color!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure about this. The eyeshadow itself has decent pigmentation, but compared to other eyeshadows in practically the same colour, it's really not that good. I love the colour but it takes 3 layers to get good colour pay off. This is almost IDENTICAL to Steamy, except Steamy is a tad darker and does everything Shimmermoss should, trust me. Steamy is so much more pigmented, get it instead of this.

I have uploaded a picture in the gallery of this product, where you can see Shimmermoss next to Steamy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Prazzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Shimmermoss has been on my wishlist for a while, so when I heard it was being discontinued, I rushed to buy it. The sales assistant swatched it on his hand in the store and I was stunned by how bright and glowing it looked.

Back home, I tried out a few colour combinations on the back of my hand, to see how I could wear Shimmermoss. As soon as I swatched Shimmermoss next to MAC Club, I knew they were made for each other.

I've added photos to the gallery above - I first use a white eyeliner pencil as a base, then I put Shimmermoss over the inner half of my lid. I add Club to the outer half and in the crease and then blend it upwards towards the brow. I think it looks lovely and brightens the eye without being overwhelmingly colourful.

I don't have any pigmentation issues with Shimmermoss and it blends easily. I am so glad that I got this before it was completely out of stock.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaSherman

What a gorgeous eyeshadow! Bought this at the local CCO this past weekend and I am already in love. I put it on my lower lash line for a super cute pop of color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually wear this eye shadow in the spring or summer but occasionally I will wear it in winter as well. It is a hard color to describe because it looks green most of the time but can also look a little blue as well. It doesn't really come across as teal to me because it is brighter and more green. It reminds me of mermaids or the sea! It makes my brown eyes stand out. I like to use this on the lid with club in the crease or for more of a daytime look I put it on my upper lash line with soba on the lid and crease. This also works well used on the bottom lash line to make eyes pop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

I picked this up from my local CCO this weekend and it looked pretty so I decided to give it a go. It takes a couple coats to make the color really pop even with a primer but the shine and color pay off SOOO worth the effort. The color is bright but not too bright and not blue or green but not an ugly teal either. It just is beautiful. I am VERY glad I bought this when I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by naunners

I love this color soooo much ! veluxe pearl is my favorite finish and this is no exception - smooth and easy to work with, love it. i usually wear this on my lower lashline without even putting a liner under it - though it looks amazing over black too!
it pairs beautifully with Club, if you are looking for a nice combo. really brings out the greenish/teal duochrome :) i also love it all overt he lid with a matte in the crease. pretty pretty!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

This shadow is overpriced for what it is. Milani has a mineral shadow called Teal the truth that is very similar to this one and more wearable since it is darker, hence not as garish as Shimmermoss. I first bought it because I loved the color but I quickly started to regret it after I depotted the shadow. I wanted to use this as a pop of color on my lower lashline, much like how YT's Pixiwoo has done it over and over again, but I find that it just doesn't look right on me! I was also disappointed with my purchase since when I swatched it at home, I found it to be rather DS quality...it is a Veluxe Pearl, and I hoped for more than the pigmentation of a shimmerwash from BB, but it seems like my expectations were not to be exceeded. I have numerous blue, teal and green shadows from UD that are much more superior to Shimmermoss. Overall I don't like this shadow and find myself never reaching for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by ceruleanblue95

This is a stunning teal blue color. It has a rich pigmentation and looks beautiful on the lid. I don't use this for every day, simply because it is too much, but sometimes I wish I could rock it! Colors are so much fun to play around with for me and this is one of my all-time favorite brights.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by allybee1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful shade, have had it for a few months now, but I don't know what to use it for! If anyone has a good way of using this colour for an everyday look - please let me know!