April 16, 2014 | 2062 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Star Violet

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by furiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a smooth, pigmented, beautiful cool red-violet-brown color. It's very wearable. In fact, it's so wearable that I find myself using Cranberry more often: Cranberry is redder, so it gives more contrast against my usual neutrals.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is really a nice color, depending on the lighting it looks more burgundy or slightly brown. It's really the kind of color that will bring out the green in your eyes, but it would look good on any eye color. It's pigmented and easy to blend.

You can use it as a lid color or as a crease. It also looks very good on it's own. It's really a must have in the MAC eyeshadow range

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

This is a beautiful purple color that is modest enough for work. It makes brown eyes pop! I will wear it in the crease with my All That Glitters. It is a great crease shade. Excellenct pigment. No fallout. If you go to the MAC store, you can get just the pans, which is far more economical and practical.

EDIT: Will not repurchase because MAC eye shadows do irritate my eyes some and I want to go green with my makeup completely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Love this eye shadow. It's the perfect burgundy shimmery color. I tried mac cranberry before and it was way too reddish pink for me so I was a little scared to try this out of fear of the same thing happening but I'm glad I did give this eye shadow a chance because it looks amazing on my eyes. It's vibrant but still subtle at the same time. I wouldn't wear this all over my eyes by itself but it makes a great lid color with something else in the crease. I love to wear it on my eye lid half way and then put mac bronze the rest of the way up and into the crease. Blends well and stays on all day with my urban decay primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by applecour

This is just a great, great color. It's so versatile and would look great with many different colors. I normally don't like reds and pinks on my grey eyes, but this color is definitely an acception. I would never use this as a lid color for myself because it's just a little too much in my opinion, but it's great as a crease color, and even to line bottom lashes with to tie a look together. It's so pigmented and easy to blend. I'll definitely repurchase this color when I run out. It would look gorgeous incorporated into a smoky eye, for sure. This is also neutral enough that it can be worn in a daytime look or to the office. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Star Violet is a lovely pink with plummy tendencies that blends beautifully and helps other not-so-blendable shadows transition with grace. When used in the crease with light colours on the lid (such as Vanilla) it is soft and subtly glamorous. When used to blend out darker or more vibrant purples/pinks it shines without muddying up anything. I like how it adds a hint of shimmer to mattes too.
Star Violet is much less dramatic than Cranberry and leans to rose-pink while Cranberry is definitely red, full stop.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by TexasTracy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color! This is everything that I wanted Twinks, Mulch and Sable to be and honestly I still wouldn't have got it if it hadn't been for my MAC mu artist. I have to admit that I am a little female chauvinist when it comes to makeup or underwear purchases so when I had described the color that I was looking for and he suggested Star Violet and I looked at it, I thought he was crazy. It looks so purple in the pan and I had told him I wanted a bronzey plum-rose color so I bought Sable and left but found myself back in a couple of weeks because Sable was not what I was looking for. He was there and was really nice when I told him Sable wasn't working out for me (he actually remembered me) and that I had given up on that bronzey plum dream and was just looking to purchase a paint pot. He suggested Star Violet again and I humored him and tried it on...OMG that's the color I had been looking for! As others have mentioned, it's a very versatile shade...it can be worn with browns, nudes or those other plummy shades I mentioned...crease or lid...love it and I'm happy to say it changed my perception of the male MAC artists! C3/NC20/NC25

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Glad I noticed this on the display recently. I had planned to replace my broken pan of Girlie, but this is a similar tone with much more interest, because of the pearl. The Veluxe shadows are much smoother to blend and less likely to let frost/glitter fall off your eyes, I find, so I wasn't worried about the apparent frostiness. On the display, it looks almost the same as Cranberry, but I find that TOO red, while this has a hint of light plum that makes it more wearable. Goes with either a cool or warm eye look. I've been using it when I've done a "normal" everyday eye then decide it's boring -- a small swipe of it does a lot to add interest.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Star Violet is a mix of purple, pink and brown. it can look quite different depending on what colours you wear it with.
this has been massively compared to 'Cranberry', which i can say is a lot more red and vibrant. Star Violet is ashier, softer and more purple.
because Star Violet is a little ashy to me, i enjoy wearing it in the crease mixed with greyish colours like 'Concrete' and any champagne colour all over the lid. i feel like that really brings out the uniqueness of the colour. otherwise of course you can mix it with purples, pinks and browns to bring out its other tones.
overall, it's a very beautiful colour with great pigmentation. i think what makes this special is that it can be brought to life in so many different ways. for that reason i would repurchase this!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous eyeshadow, so pigmented that it's even hard to remove with water. I like the shininess and it lasts all day long.