Paul Mitchell Tea Tree line

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Oleamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Mentha Piperita Oil (Peppermint), Melaleuca Alternifolia Oil (Tea Tree), Linoleamide DEA, Cocamide DEA, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone, Hedychium Coronarium Extract (White Ginger), PEG 12 Dimethicone, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone/Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Lawsonia Inermis Extract (Henna), Simmondsia Chinensis Extract (Jojoba), Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract (Rosemary), PEG 12 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifola Oil (Lavendar), Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil (Wheat), Panthenol, Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium 7, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG 150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Limonene, Citric Acid, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

on 7/13/2015 3:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have puffy, curly and frizzy hair but also a dry gross scalp and this product was so refreshing. Leffy my hair and scalp feeling super clean and bouncy. Has a really nice lather and refreshing scent. I didn't care so much for the conditioner (a bit too light), but this shampoo pairs really well with a deep treatment conditioner. Would definitely buy the shampoo again!

on 4/27/2015 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

In 2012, I started noticing I had a lot of issues with my scalp and hair. My scalp had become extremely dry, itchy and flaky and my hair at my roots was disgustingly greasy, no matter what I had washed my hair with or how I often I washed my hair. I went to a dermatologist several months later that told me I had seborrheic dermatitis and gave me a disgusting liquid that just made my scalp itch even more and left me with even greasier hair.
After three years of suffering with this embarrassing condition, I finally decided to give PM's Tea Tree line a shot and have been so thankful I did! The shampoo and conditioner literally saved my hair. My scalp has cleared up and my hair no longer looks greasy and limp. I have very thick, color treated hair so I can't stand to wash my hair everyday. Thanks to the Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner, I can get away with washing my hair every other day. It doesn't strip my color it and it smells divine. The smell wakes me up in the mornings and makes my scalp feel instantly refreshed.
I also like the lavender mint Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner too, because that is a little more moisturizing for my hair. Give the Tea Tree line a shot, you won't be disappointed!

on 2/19/2015 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just want to share my results from the shampoo and conditioner from this line. Well, I believed that I had clogged hair follicles. That is why I began using the shampoo and conditioner. Yes, my scalp developed sore pimples, and my hair was coming out way more than it should. I read an article online about the benefits of tea tree oil shampoos then decided to try the Paul Mitchell line. The results were great. In about a week of washing my hair everyday my scalp cleared up, and the amount of hair loss went back to the normal range . For this alone, I love Paul Mitchell tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner. It's wonderful, because my hair looks so good too. My fine, color treated hair is shiny, and manageable. By color treated, I mean my normally grey hair has been dyed a blonde in the golden range. A little bit of my gold stripped away, but not enough to bother me. It is just a lighter golden blonde shade that I love anyway. I was hoping the shampoo would provide enough clarifying for my scalp with out being too harsh on my hair. I am very pleased that it worked in that regard for me. I have a layered hairstyle, and this shampoo and conditioner helps to keep volume in my hair as well. My scalp is not oily, so I assumed product buildup on the scalp is what lead to my scalp problem. However, if my scalp and hair issues were something other than buildup on the scalp, Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo and conditioner resolved whatever the problem was, and I am thankful to Paul Mitchell. After my problem was corrected with my hair and scalp, I only have to wash and condition my hair every three days. And, no additional color change in my blonde has occurred yet. I have been using the tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner for a little over two months now. Still very happy. I'd like to add that I am over due a visit to my hairdresser for my roots to be done. Due to bad weather, and some other circumstances that occurred. I am also very glad my hair and scalp will be in good shape when I see my hairdresser.

on 1/9/2015 1:21:00 AM

I love, love, LOVE this shampoo! I've been using it for YEARS. I've been having a lot of scalp issues since 2013 and this helps keep everything under control. This is the ONLY brand I will purchase a tea tree shampoo from. Be careful though because this CAN dry out your hair. Either use a good conditioner or a good leave-in along with this product!

on 10/5/2014 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the tingling sensation this leaves on my scalp after massaging it in and how shiny and clean my hair feels after. You definitely want to follow with a moisturizing conditioner if your hair is on the dry side. This helps balance my scalp when it is acting a bit oily in the summer or on humid days. My hair is left soft without sacrificing any volume. It also has a pleasant scent that is refreshing and doesn't linger. It makes a nice gentle clarifying shampoo for me when I need it. I recommend grabbing the travel size first if you plan to try it out. Also makes a good unisex shampoo to keep in the shower. Even my hubby who has fine, oily hair likes it and uses it occasionally.

on 9/7/2014 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I HATED this product with a burning passion. I don't suffer from much dandruff or itching scalp, so this shampoo had no benefits to my hair.

I only ever apply shampoo to my roots, and this left my hair feeling very brittle and straw like. I have never had this happen to my hair before from using shampoo. And what also sucks is that the pairing conditioner doesn't moisturize your hair at all, so your hair is left more dry than before.

When I first used this, I really like the smell. But after using it for a while, I got sick of the smell and it lasts in your hair, for me personally, until your next wash.

I have relaxed hair, so my hair is very prone to losing moisture and this strips my hair of everything.

on 9/7/2014 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely my HG shampoo! My hair is dry, frizzy, overprocessed, and breaks very easily, but it is also prone to oiliness at the roots--especially with the Texas humidity. 12 hours after washing my hair, and it already looks dirty again. But this product has worked wonders for me. I try to concentrate it only on my scalp and at the roots so that it won't further dry out the body of my hair, and it is phenomenal. The tingle can get really intense if you're really working it into your scalp or if your scalp is sensitive for any reason, so I don't recommend using it after color processes or if you have cuts/abrasions for whatever reason. An added benefit (and maybe TMI lol) is that it has seemed to have cleared up the acne I was getting on my scalp and around my hair line. I follow up by applying a super rich conditioner throughout the body of my hair, and I'm good to go oil wise for at least 2 days.My only complaint is that this shampoo strips color like no other--but then again, it doesn't claim to preserve color , so that's kind of my own personal problem. Overall, I definitely recommend.

I just finished up my first bottle of the "Tea Tree Special" Shampoo and it's definitely one of the best shampoos I've ever used. I love the scent...it's strong, but minty. Makes my hair SO shiny and clean! Maybe a little bit too clean if you have dry hair, but I have oily hair so it's okay. I would definitely buy this shampoo again, but I never stick with one shampoo. I'm always switching up what I use. Highly recommended if you want shiny, clean looking hair that smells like mint/tea tree oil.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using the lavender/mint scented shampoo and conditioner in this line for about two months, and absolutely love it. I wash my hair at least 5-6 times each week, and have a ton of fine hair. My hair also gets oily quickly.

This shampoo/conditioner cleanses well without drying out my hair, and moisturizes without making my hair greasy. It also adds nice shine, and the scent is light but sticks around all day.

My only gripe is that I find it difficult to get conditioner out of the pump bottles once you're to the bottom few inches of product. The pump just stops working, and I have to add water to thin it out, shake it around, knock the conditioner out of the bottle, etc. etc. every morning in the shower. Thinning it out doesn't help the pump get moving again.

on 5/11/2014 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This line cures all my scalp issues. I have had dandruff for years...and a lot of shampoos make it worse (pantene, Loreal)...I was using the new Loreal shampoo and after a few uses, my scalp was terribly itchy. I was thinking I had lice, it was that bad! So I ran to the store and purchased this because I remember using it years ago for similar issues...and it worked liked a charm. My scalp felt brand new, no itching, no flaking. It's worth every penny. I just purchased the large size shampoo/conditiner and I think that is all I will be using from now on. Great product.

Top Rated Paul Mitchell Products