July 26, 2014 | 1115 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - travel brush set

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2005 5:16:00 AM More reviews by suelll

I thought MAC brushes are suppose to be one of the best. how wrong was I....the powder brush was the worst among the 5 (even my t.leclerc one is better), it was shedding like a cat and I was like enough all-rrreadyyyy, but that's not the only thing. when i washed it even up to the 3rd wash the dye from its hair keeps running, yikes. I didnt know that they actually put dye in their brushes. It didnt exactly feel soft on my skin either, in fact it kinda was a bit poking. I havent touched it after 1 month. the talkon concealer brush was alright, tho it hasnt shed yet i can see that they are about to. the large eye shadow brush was too big for my liking, i prefer it to be a little smaller that way i can use multi use it. bristle was a bit on the coarse side too. oh well.... the lip brush was i guess the best, slim enough to slip into my stila lip palette without too much fuss. has not shed and i dont think it will, size is just right for applying lip colors, lip glaze or gloss. the small angle brush was also not so hand-made like advertised. i prefer my shu badger angle brush for lining my brows much much better. basically i think the shu line outrival MAC's and they cost around the same anyways. the only way that they excelled among the other better brush makers is that their packaging and presentation is cooler and therefore more appealing. but i wont repurchase even if it cost half of retail, save your money and get shu's.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 1:26:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

These travel brush sets come out either during the holidays or for Nordstroms Anniversary sale. Each time, they include 5 brushes- from lip brushes to blush brushes. They are cutely packaged and convient to have in your bag. However, the quality isn't so great. The brushes are very stiff and tend to shed. So, they last for about 2 years, and then you have to get a new one. But, they are convient to have, especially when you travel, so I guess I'll keep repurchasing them. I haven't found a travel brush set that is of better quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2003 6:59:00 PM More reviews by swalker29

Don't get me wrong I am glad I bought these brushes. I was new to MAC brushes and if your new this is a great way to start and get to know which brushes you would use/not use. Then you can spend the $ on the regular sized brushes you will use regularly. Also, the travel case is great! I am very glad I got these! I'm so jealous about the red set that are coming out Summer 2003! I want them but what would I do with two sets of travel brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2001 11:00:00 PM More reviews by adelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Just got the Mac travel brush set for my bday. Amazing, comes with 5 brushes (BLUSH,eyeshadow, concealer, shader, lip brush) in a sleek black case that can fit a small palette, and some lipliners and lipstick. Brushes are super soft!!! And only 45$. Compared to other sets it's a bargain.