MAC All Lipmix Products

4.7

on 2/19/2015 2:00:00 AM

Ever since I have tried Lipmix, I was totally converted onto using these!
Not only does it smell delicious, it also will last you absolutely forever! Once applied it lasts all day long and barely needs any re-touching. What I also adore about Lipmix - is the way that it wears off, never patchy or uber drying.
The finish you get is quite matte and obviously shimmer free. I am not a makeup artist, nor I am good at creating customized lip colors - but if you are - then these tubes of lipstick goodness are surely up your alley. You can basically customize any lipstick color on top of your mind by mixing the right portions of different colors together. And if you are more like me - general user - deep shades like Fuchsia or Crimson are the bomb and worth checking out!
I am very pleased with my Lipmix purchase and go back to it times and times again. If you are somehow not tolerant to a slightly dry/matte finish - you might give it a pass.
I found a nice in-depth review on these recently, which will explain to you what the product does even better.

on 9/16/2014 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So far so good. I purchased this one because the OCC Lip Tar in Tarred I'd purchased was... greasy, oily, sticky, messy, feathered, and didn't stay long at all. Two hours at most of being a china doll and not moving my mouth. Bah.

This is fairly matte, doesn't feel drying, and is so opaque I can hardly contain my excitement. I'm in love. I love black lips and I need them forever, and if this doesn't feather and smear like OCC does I'm going to call it my HG black.

on 2/2/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE IT. I love the idea of mixing my own lipstick to suit me. Not only do I get what I want, I have a good time doing it. Lipmix works for me because A) I get bored quick and have never finished a tube of lipstick in my life B) I can squeeze out a small amount from the tube, make a color and once it is finished try something else. I currently have a RED, WHITE, GOLD, BURGUNDY & GLOSS. If you are considering on a purchase and are unsure of what to buy first I would recommend you buy a white, this will save you from wasting any other colors you have mixed, if you have made your mixture too dark. The gold gives a nice shimmer (frost) to any color I make. I made a nice wine color lipstick, a light plum and a shimmery red so far. When I don't want lipstick I add some of the gloss to turn it into a lipgloss. I most likely am going to buy a brown lipmix next to make my perfect shade of nude lipstick. I do not think I will ever have to purchase a lipstick again. The tubes will last a long time if stored correctly, the only off putting thing is the prices.

on 6/28/2012 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love these things. I have Blue, Brown, White, Black, Gloss, Red, Crimson, Pink, Violet, Fuchsia, Orange, Yellow, and Burgundy. Most of the colors have a matte/ satin finish. The colors last longer than lipstick and a little goes a long way. The only thing that I hate is you can only purchase these from a Pro store and MAC is starting to discontinue some of the shades that I have.

on 7/6/2009 7:47:00 PM

I have samples of lipmix in Red, Burgundy, Orange, and Gold.
im realy impressed by them!! some are abit more creamier than others, like red and burgundy are alot more creamier than gold and orange. BURGUNDY can go on quite sheer so if you realy want rich colour pay off you would have to layer the colour abit. ORANGE goes on looking exactly like it does its so pigmented and its a perfect orange. RED is well pigmented and goes on alot its a warm red but they also have a cool red... (i think its crimson).
this are very hygenic because you squeeze them out of a tube, though you probably do need a brush to use them. and The tiniest bit goes a realy long way, especialy with thicker colours like orange.

on 5/30/2009 8:35:00 PM

This product is god sent. I can never find the right lip color even thought I have TONS of lip products. I'm just so picky and color "sensitive" that I can never find the right shade, tone, for my lips. I change my makeup look everyday, so it makes it really hard for me to have that exact lip color that I wanted to match the entire look. So, I finally purchased these. I got red, crimson, orange, gold, pink, fushia, and blue. Now, I get to play The-Alchemist! I add whatever color, tone to whatever it is I feel like wearing that day. People can never guess what I'm wearing. =) The texture of these lipmix are Very creamy. Not sticky at all! A+

on 5/9/2009 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this in Red ( a warm tomato red) the other day, and so far it's not my favorite MAC product.

Lipmix is kind of gooey, and can make quite a mess if you're not careful.

It applies okay with a lip brush, but I don't think it stays on nearly as well as an actual stain.

I bought this thinking I'd use it as a base under red lipsticks, but I think for that purpose I prefer Stila Lip Rouge in "Pucker," which stays on much better, is less messy, and is a nicer red for my cool coloring.

I *may* try Lipmix in other colors, since it's inexpensive.

on 3/3/2009 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I accidentally ran into this product in one of the specialty Mac stores (it is not available in all, just Mac Pro stores) and tested it in "Red". Being a huge fan of red lipsticks, but adopting more of a "finger-smudged" red look lately, I immediately fell in love with this product. First of all, for the amount of product you get (10 ml, which will last you forever as you only need a tiny amount), this is a bargain. I think the product costs $16 or $17 CAD! You'd be hard pressed to find a drugstore brand of lipstick for under $12 these days. Secondly, it stays on your lips for a loooong time. Almost like a stain, but more with a lipstick finish. As I said, i take about pin size amount and I tap in gently into my lips for a "stainy" look and I've gotten so many compliments on that look, because it's red without being too red - if you know what I mean. BTWm colour "Red" is a warmer, more orangey red (but not orange), so it looks really good on warmer complexions. This will be my staple in the spring and summer with some bronzer on my skin, for sure.

on 1/29/2008 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like MAC products, and actually I used it for a year. However, after a while, both the lipstick and lipliners started to create these really strange bumps on my lips. At first I thought it was just my BCPs or maybe some other acne treatment that I was using. So, I'd stop for a while and use something else (Clinique). After getting tired of Clinique, I'd go back to MAC and lo and behold--the bumps came back. The same thing happens to my sister, but hers gets worse. Her lips have a horrible allergic reaction and get dry, bumpy, and HUGE (hey! maybe she won't need lip injections to plump her lips? she can just have an allergic reaction to MAC lipstick!)

I love MAC's lipmixes. So far, I only have two: Brown and White, but I will buy more eventually. I use the Brown for darkening colors. The White is great for lightening colors or make them more opaque and matte. I also use the white as a base for sheer lipsticks. It helps to brighten them.

Top Rated MAC Products