July 28, 2014 | 1298 users online

Fragrances - The Body Shop - Aztique Eau de Toilette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I love Aztique. I adored it from the first sniff of its intoxicating fruitiness with its hints of amber and sweet sandalwood. I have several backup bottles of this as it was sadly discontinued years ago, and I try to use it so sparingly to not run out! I would hate for this fragrance to go bad but I fear that the longer I have these bottles, that is exactly what will happen!

I first wore this fragrance when it was introduced probably in the early 2000s. As I was in my early twenties then, I thought that Aztique was just perfect, kind of mysterious yet fresh. Now as I am somewhat older, I still find myself drawn to it and its perfect mix of sweetness and depth which works with my chemistry so well. Out of all the perfumes I have ever owned, drugstore-cheap to ridiculously expensive, this is the only one that has got a positive reaction each time I have worn it. SO has said that he loved it over and over again, and he never compliments my fragrances unless they are high-end, hard-to-come-by fragrances.

It doesn't have much staying power I admit, and the bottle isn't too attractive (but you don't expect an artisan-designed bottle from The Body Shop!), but the fragrance itself was very reasonably priced. It was part of a "Invent Your Scent" promotion where you chose two or more of about 10 different notes to layer together. I never found another fragrance in this range that I liked so much so instead I wear Aztique on its own.

The sheer unusualness of this fragrance is what makes me come back to it again and again. I have never smelled anything like it and this is why it will always be in my fragrance collection. I like to wear a perfume that not many people can recognize instantly. I am always on the lookout for more bottles of this, and will never be without it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by spaceturtle

I bought this today and plan to return it. It smelled ok in the store, but when I got it home and sprayed it on it gave me a headache and irritated my allergies. I tend to be sensitive to perfume, so the search continues. It is a very tropical smelling scent - and if it is to your liking I recommend mixing it with one of the other body shop fragrances to lesson the tartness of the fragrance. It has little staying power, so think of it more as a body spray than an actual perfume. Body Shop customer service was great, so I'm sorry to have to return this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by littlemoonlt

I love this scent! It smells a little like pears to me. I think it is very unique and wearable at the same time. I think the bottle size is perfect for the counter or purse. My only problem with this perfume is the staying power! Not so great!

Definatly will buy again, despite how quickly it wears off.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by sugar_heart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went and got a new bottle of this and that night i'd popped it into my bag when i was going on a night out, So i went to a club and went to the toilet and my bag was soaked with this perfume!, The actual top had come clean off and the whole bottle was gone. I really wasnt amused and the big problem these perfumes have is the packaging is TERRIBLE!!!

Apart from that i loved the really fruity and fun elements to this fragrance as it was totally different from anything i'd smelt before. I maybe give in and purchase another bottle of this and amorito.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this scent layered with Amorito; it creates a mysterious, sexy scent that is difficult to describe. I'm not crazy about it by itself as it just smells like banana to me. Also it doesn't have a lot of staying power on its own. I would only repurchase it to go with my Amorito, which I adore.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by IrsaMalik

A tropically refreshing scent that comes in relatively cheap ugly lil bottle makes something one would really want to buy for their own bodies. Suits the pocket and the senses altogether. I dont mind its wearing off on an average of three hours for the price. Im happy i got it. Very fruity and floral at its minimal i cant wait to mix it with Amorito though i doubt if that'll make it better. I like the way it is. I dont quite like the idea of mixing chocolate with fruits :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 1:16:00 AM More reviews by joellarose

i don't know why i overlooked this one! i am devoted to the body shop,and yet i never gave this a second glance! today i tried it and LOVED it,i got it to go with amorito,the chocolate scent-they sell them in pairs: 2 for $26.00 the fruity notes in aztique compliment amorito,but it also smells amazing over white musk and vanilla oil...aztique is luscious,complex and delicious!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2007 7:42:00 PM More reviews by lovehangover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very fruity, I like this scent. I can definitely smell the banana note, and I detect a melon note, but I am not sure if this contains melon. Really nice for fruity scent lovers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2007 11:19:00 AM More reviews by caramel89

i love this product...so fruity...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2006 7:10:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I combine this with Citrella which I love but most people seem to hate.This balances the huge amount of citrus in Citrella and they smell beautiful together.I can't describe exactly how this alone smells like but I detect a hint of amber in it,it's sweet too.I totally love it as a simple daytime frag.I'll buy again.