July 26, 2014 | 1481 users online

Moisturizers - Bobbi Brown - Vitamin Enriched Face Base

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about rebuying I want to try out the Embryolisse line first and see if its more moisturizing if you don't have any complicated skin issues this cream is good, especially for winter in the midwest its a bit expensive but last a long time, for my combination dry skin works well especially if you are using drying skin care products like retin-a

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is the business for a summer moisturiser! It's a rare breed that controls shine whilst still moisturising. I would recommend it for dehydrated skin that's oily due to the dehydration rather than dryer skin. Smells lovely. Best primer I've ever used and doubles up as my fave moisturiser. It's a bit expensive here in Ireland compared to the UK and US but I'll keep going back for more.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Ayeshatariq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sadly this is one of the worst products I have ever used on my face. The only thing nice about the product is the consistency, it's balm - like. The cream itself has a lemony smell, it's not a bad smell, but I found it quite strong. The packaging is terrible. I'm not averse to using creams from a jar, but the neck of this jar narrows in such a way that it's hard to scoop out product without getting it in your nails. worst of all, the product broke me out so badly. I bought it thinking the vitamins would help my skin. I couldn't use it long enough to feel the effects .

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by erikakakaka

Love this stuff!!!
I have spot prone combination skin that's normal to dry on the cheeks and super oily in the T-zone, so finding a product for my face that suits me without breaking me out is a nightmare! That is, until this little pot of wonders came along...
I originally was given a very generous sample of this from a lovely lady at my local Bobbi Brown counter and was hooked after only using it for just over a week, as I had noticed an big improvement in my skin.
My husband and a couple of friends had made comments about my skin looking very radiant, and I knew that I needed to shell out on the full size tub...expensive, but worth every penny in my opinion!
Let me sum it up for you -

Pros:
Lasts ages - I find a little goes a long way!
Has never broken me out.
Makes my skin luminous and radiant, while controlling excess shine.
Great makeup base!
Smells divine!!!

Cons:
Expensive (however, I do believe it to be worth every penny!)
Some might not like the scent - it's very citrusy and may not be suitable for more sensitive skins.

In a nutshell - if you're thinking about buying this stuff but are unsure, go get yourself a sample and try it out first, as I did. I am super fussy with my skincare, and I love this! It's definite HG material for me, and when this tub is eventually empty, I WILL be hot-footing it back to my Bobbi Brown counter to get another one!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As far as products go, this was ok. It's designed to work as a sort-of moisturiser but mainly as a primer and for me, it wasn't overly effective as either.

Pros:
- smells alright if you like citrus-ey smells.
- the packaging is super cute
- doesn't cause breakouts or rashes
- moisturises a bit (but not a lot)
- a little bit goes a long way

Cons:
- unhygienic tub
- didn't do anything as a primer - all it felt like was another layer on my skin
- as mentioned before, doesn't moisturise enough
- it's touted as being packed with vitamins but it did nothing to make my skin look any better

Overall, this product isn't terrible in that it doesn't cause problems. But for me, it did zilch.
So, based on the price ($80 a jar in Australia), it's definitely not worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

oh Bobbi Brown, I have never really understood the hype over bobbi brown cosmetics. I think they are more of a "status" brand than a quality brand. I always find that theyre products never fully satisfy me. I deffinately dont hate this product but I in no way love it. The texture is really hard to work with getting it out of the pot onto my face is always a challenge. And although it is nice it doesnt feel great. I have drugstore priced products that make my skin feel waaaaaayyy better (and trust me this is in no way drug store priced) Although I recieved the full size for free I still get angry that the product is the price it is. And the priming or base job it does isnt anything extraordinary. I gave this a middle of the road rating because it is a middle of the road product

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by lsjoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I should have trusted my instincts when the SA recommended this product with my foundation stick purchase but I always want something new. After using this for a few days, I broke out on my chin , cheek and nose. This product had to be the culprit as I had my acne-prone skin under control for ages. Now it will take a long while for my skin to recover.
The product has a strong fragrance and a tacky texture that I did not like at all. A look at the product ingredient list reveals a silicone at the very beginning.All these factors and the price $$, are reasons I am returning this product ASAP.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by mhristova

This is a great product. I use it as a foundation base and a moisturiser. My skin is combinational and there are spots of the face, where my skin is very dry and sometime when applying foundation that part looks flaky. However, with this base my skin gets enough moisture and acts as a glue to the foundation and my skin looks better than before. I would definitely buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by erinennis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you are acne prone/oily, this is probably the best Bobbi Brown moisturizer for me. I've been using it for about a month now, at night and during the day under my makeup. I've seen a massive improvement in my skin, in fact, this surprisingly has been one of the best products I've ever used as far as getting rid of acne (mild). Simplicity is key when it really comes down to it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by vatel7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great primer, but not sure if it hydrates enough