December 22, 2014 | 966 users online

Skincare - Body - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Tea Tree Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This heatwave has me breaking out suddenly, and my usual remedy, Clearasil, has been drying out my skin, so instead I've been using this stuff. It really clears up my skin without any dryness. And the aloe in it is very soothing. It's pretty cheap--less than $5--and it doesn't stink like straight tea tree oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by chryloch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product! It's an HG acne/pimple preventer for me. I use it daily, in the morning and at night. I've used it for over a year now, and am onto my second bottle. I read that tea tree is antibacterial and good for the skin, so I decided to give it a go. However, I was worried that using tea tree oil would be too strong, so I went with this gel, which is easy to use and effective!

PROs:
- Has noticeably reduced the number of pimples that I get
- Dries out the smaller pimples that I get from having oily skin
- Feels light and a little goes a long way
- Friendly packaging (squeeze bottle with flip cap)

CONs:
- Doesn't dry out the larger cystic pimples as well (however, I suspect this may be because they're caused by hormones, not bacteria)
- SLIGHTLY sticky after application, but not a big deal because it seems to go away
- Can dry out the skin a bit, but this is easily remedied by using a moisturizer on top or using the gel less frequently

I wish that this gel would also do everything else, like moisturize, even my skin tone, help control oil production, etc. BUT, I feel that I'd be expecting way too much from a single product. I am still searching for HG products for those aspects of my skincare regime. For now, I am very pleased with Jason Tea Tree Gel because it's good at PREVENTING pimples, and that alone is enough for me to purchase it repeatedly. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to use it for this purpose. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by colorsinbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I'm not sure why this is a "DISCONTINUED" product here, because it's not. You can still purchase it.

Anyway, I LOVE this product. It has been a staple of mine for two years now. I use it daily on my face after toner, before moisturizer, as well as on my legs or arms when I have any skin irritations/rash/allergies. It's soothing, natural and organic.

I used to have problems with acne, but this has helped calm my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not sure if I've used this product enough to really review it, but it works well on pimples with heads--it sucks them out, cleans them out well....but the thing I don't like about this product is the FRAGRANCE...it is far too overwhelming and strong....I'm not sure if that's added fragrance or just the tea tree oil, but I feel there needs to be less of it...I have really sensitive skin though.. But I've heard of people using this as a full-face moisturizer, and yet I could never imagine putting it all over because of how strong it seems! but as a spot-treatment, it works well with my Taz gel especially...will update on more uses as I expand!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this, it basically is aloe vera gel but with a little extra. I feel it works better than just plain aloe vera. I like to use this to heal blemishes fast and make any swelling go down. I combine this with pure tea tree oil on spots, I dab a little tea tree oil on spots first, then I dab some of this gel on top. I know the gel alone already has tea tree in it but I like the extra oomph. The two combination seems to work faster than both alone. I recommend.
PS. I don't think this is discontinued, I still see it at my local Whole Foods.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by no1knows

I use this to spot treat & spot moisturize areas I'm prone to acne/bumps. It calms my skin & the gel feels very refreshing. I get the most use out of it during warmer weather, but there've been times all year round that my face just couldn't tolerate creamy moisturizers or toners -- and this stuff seems to do both jobs at once, especially when I squirt more aloe vera gel in my hand with it. If you don't go overboard with application, you can wear it during the day; it actually smells good, to boot. I've also used it on razor bumps with success, and it does soothe some bug bites to a minor degree. This stuff is very basic, multipurpose, dirt cheap, & I won't be without it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Check out my notepad to read a more detailed explanation of my skin type!

**EDIT MAY 26/2010: Can not use this on my face. I am either sensitive to tea tree (or one of the other drying ingredients) or it is simply too strong. Regardless, I'm about 99% sure that it does break me out, as when I applied it last night for the first time in a month or so, a small whitehead turned into a monster and a new headless pimple arose on my cheek. On my body, it causes blemishes to shrink within the day. So I will reserve it for bodily use, and may try it out as a post-epilation treatment. **

What it Claims:
"Our unique, alcohol-free Gels have been bestsellers for years. JASON Tea Tree Gel combines nature's finest natural antiseptic, Australian Tea Tree Oil, with moisturizing Aloe Vera, cooling Witch Hazel and selected Herbal Extracts. Obtain quick relief from itchy insect bites, shaving nicks and other minor irritations."

Claims - True or False?
1) Quick relief from skin irritations: True. It's not a miracle worker, but it does help.

Packaging:
Simple, cheap, effective. Comes in a squeeze tube with a flip-cap lid. Very simple aesthetically, and while not very interesting, it's in no means an eye-sore. I dislike the fact that the plastic is pretty well covered by the label, making it difficult to see how much you actually have left, but you could easily see once you are running out and will thus be able to repurchase accordingly.

Smell:
I know that tea tree is definitely a love it or leave it, but I adore the scent! Something about the scent is just absolutely lovely in my opinion. The scent isn't terribly strong or overly clinical, like I've experienced with the The Body Shop TTO line, but it's very obvious. I find it smells very clean and crisp. I can't really discern any other fragrances, although fragrance oil blend is listed as the last ingredient.

Consistency:
Very much like a cool gel. Not sticky or runny, but when applied on the skin it tends to leave a slightly shiny residue. I tend to use this on my face as a part of my nightly spot treatment, so the shine does not concern me. Rubs in very smoothly, and definitely has a cooling sensation when used.

Ease of Use:
Absolutely no problems here. Easy to squeeze out too much, but you can force it back in without much issue. Since it's of a good consistency, it's easy to use quickly and doesn't require extra time and patience to work with, and the packaging is simple and well made.

Bang for your Buck:
Wonderful cheap find. I believe I paid around $5.00CAD for 4oz. I've owned it for perhaps two months or longer, and I doubt I've even used up enough for it to be noticeable. Since it's a multipurpose product, it's definitely worth checking out and keeping in your medicine cabinet.

Final Consensus:
When it comes to my skin, I find that the gentler my products, the better. I've realized that cutting out all acne medications was best for my breakouts, and thus turned to alternative products. After using this in a few different methods, I've realized that all-over application is too strong and drying for my skin, so using once nightly on individual spots works best. It works well on my underarms after epilating as well, and feels very soothing on my feet. I will continue to expand my use with the product, and will continue using it in my nightly anti-acne regime. Because it can be a little irritating and drying if I am not careful, I'd rate it a 4 out of 5.

Overall Rating: 4/5
Price: 1/5
Packaging Quality: 3/5
Would you buy this product again: Yes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by thebigtrout

This product isn't horrible, but doesn't work well on my face either. I was hoping it would be soothing and healing for acne prone skin, but it is not. It really doesn't do much of anything for my facial skin. I do like it, however, for sun burns. I used it on my kids mildly sunburned faces because I let them play out too long without sunscreen and in a couple of days they were back to normal. No tan after, no peeling or anything. I use it mostly for that now and occasionally for insect bites.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by ticklemeyellow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an average product. I used it as a cooling agent on mosquitoes bites I accumulated over the past summer, did little to calm the itch and redness. I also used it a few times on my bikini area after shaving and it is somewhat effective, very cooling and calms the minor irritations I get from time to time. It didn't work on pimples either but that's where my trusty BP comes in. I can imagine this to be a refreshing treat on heat stricken skin on a hot summer day, especially chilled but haven't tried that yet. I got a 4 oz. tube for $4.49 at my local health food store and it has a long expiration date so I should be able find uses for it before 2013...lol. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by khquan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

During the summer my face became very red, irritated and flushed from too much sun exposure. This product worked great with treating irritation and was especially soothing. I found the consistency of the product light and sticky with application, and absorbs into skin well.