July 24, 2014 | 1904 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Organza

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Gorgeous syrupy yet rich and somewhat cloying but in a good way. Spicy nutmeg and floral jasmine which stops it becoming christmas cake like. The older yet somewhat more demure sister of Organza Indecence. Given the choice I would take indence any day but still love this. Make sure to get a vintage edition of this if you can, the newer bottles (without the frosted glass front) just don't smell quite the same - sadly this is another legendary fragrance to suffer the dreaded re-formulation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Dinosauarwoman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite perfume....for years now! I have tried other perfumes, just to have a variety I guess....but I always go back to Organza. It lasts for a few hours on me, it not too heavy, and not too light. It is perfect for day time or evening.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Kysyona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sampled it today at my local drugstore and have decided - one cannot go through life without a small bottle of Organza. I cannot say I could wear it daily, I cannot say, that it is a versatile scent, I wouldn't place it as an evening or a daytime scent - it seems to be a bit of everything, really... It seems to fall into a gourmand group for me, rather that heavy floral. Its neighbours in that happy-comfy olfactory family would be Ange ou Demon, Burberry Brit , Chloe Love and Alien. In fact, this is just what Burberry Brit is, just swap green for honeysuckle and multiply by 2. For some reason 50s-60s come to mind, peppy skirts and dresses, cardigans always perfectly buttoned up, rockabilly chairs, the ode-worthy wallpaper patterns... I have instantly imagined preparing for sitting down on Sunday to eat a Sunday roast with a family mid-November, choosing a comfy wool dress and not forgetting the stockings! The closet is full of clothes and on the dressing table - beads, pearls, crystal glass containers for hairpins... there's a feeling of "cluttered" that comes with this scent, but in a good way - the way a wardrobe full of clothes that have absorbed perfume smells, when you just open it. Thanks to honeysuckle Organza is irrevocably cheerful: no one can possibly wear it with a sad face! Cosy, nuzzling, uplifting, unpretentious and reliable for duration of the "pick-me-up" effect. If you are in your 30s and further into your timelessness :) - it can be worn daily in cold months. If you are entering your 20s - you can make it rock if you take on a hippie look ( hardcore: knitted multicoloured hoodies, long skirts, huge platform boots and so on ) - in my opinion, this could work brilliantly together. What does amaze me is that it is only 16-17 years old! - this is so not the 90s!!! I always thought it comes to us from some post-WW2 times or at least from the early 80s! The bottle is the only thing I am not a huge fan of: it is exactly what held me back from trying this perfume for years: it looks incredibly tacky and cheap-looking, especially the cap. I am also not a huge fan of flacons that are tall and unstable. 1 lippie for such an unworthy kitschy dress this fabulous scent is confined into.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by vaniwanda

This perfume is very long lasting!! scent is great, but is classic, is not my style...I think is a fragance I should use when I older, not now, I'm 28. But be sure that fragance is femenine, elegant and it will last a lot on your skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Meshmmesha772000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I haven't bought that scent but used it many times with my sister-in-law (we are very close almost like sisters , even in looks :)..Though this has been years ago but I still really like it and remember it as a reviewer here -Mr Mellow - decribed it to a T ..It's the Feminine Fragrance that would evoke a man but it wouldn't turn him into a savage , really "Soft Power " like a perfectly manicured hand with classic red nail varnish..It is not an old lady smell , NO WAY ..I used this with my SIL when we were at the beginning of our 20's and never felt or thought it was older for us , this is a heavy floral , fruity scent that is worn by a female , not those sweet , candy , girly , yuckies attacking us everywhere now (think Britney Spears Fantasy ..Oh my God ..) this is for a female of any age , no tomboy who smells like lollipops or candies when she puts on perfume ...
Edit : I think this has been re-formulated , I used the old version only ...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I don't have this, but one of my relatives does. You need to see the whole picture here: she has worn this from about 16 years old, but already at that time people often said she looked like she was 25 - not because she looks old, but because she has quite stong facial features and quite a womanly body. She looks a bit like Julia Roberts did in her younger years and is 5'8 tall. She always dresses in a feminine way, often with heels or wedge shoes, and most often the colours are quite dark.
On top of that this smell fits her body chemistry perfectly! It smells, like another reviewer said, like the smell is part of her. On her there's very little sweet smell... there is vanilla, but it's not sweet... there's something dusty about the smell too that makes me think "vintage". It reminds me of the time of feminine women from the 1920's with strong makeup, glossy hair and simple elegant dresses. Women that had that Godess-like feeling over them. On her it kinda smells mysterious, cozy, not flowery, definitely not old-lady (as I've heard many people working in perfume stores call it :/ ), like some kind of natural material and very classy.
This can have quite strong sillage, but on my relative it didn't - the longevity was probably 3 days, but the sillage wasn't very strong - you would need to be furthest 2 meters away from her to sense it, but it's not strong even if you hugged her. Must be perfect reaction between body chemistry and this perfume :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by parisbyrum19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this perfume, just purchased a 100ml bottle of this ready for the summer! This has been my summer perfume since i was 14, i absolutely love it and i get complimented on it all the time, has decent longevity and monster sillage! its just a very beautiful fragrance,It has a very warm spicy dry down which is perfect on summer nights, the dry down is probably my favorite part and i agree with another reviewer it seems to linger forever, and the bottle is just fascinating, there's something very luxurious about this perfume and it will definitely stay with me forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Warm, sensuous, complex, this fragrance melds with my body chemistry... feels like it's part of me rather than just sitting on my skin, if that makes any sense. It dries down to a delicious glow that seems to linger forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Kat308

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this scent. Very feminine. I tried this because of the great reviews. I was looking for something new to wear and gave this one another look -I glad I did. Very well formulated lasts a long time. Thank you MUA I always check here before I buy now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by waddlecakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There's something in this perfume that stabs right at my heart - it reminds me of something, or someone, a place or person from my childhood perhaps, something I've forgotten.

This perfume is quite incredible. It manages to be overtly sexual without being trashy, and entirely feminine without being sickly. It's a big, powerful scent that is in no way offensive, and stands out whilst simulatenously melding into your skin.

I feel sensual and pretty and powerful when I wear this - and yet something, perhaps the nostalgia, fills me with sadness when I smell it on myself. For that reason, this is probably one I won't wear for a few more years.

This perfume probably could be worn by a younger woman/girl, but to me it's one for a woman in her thirties. My mother once told me your thirties are the best time in a woman's life...still young, still learning, but with an inner confidence and calm you didn't have before. That prety much sums up this perfume for me, and I'm not quite there yet.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No