October 31, 2014 | 781 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Total Effects Age Defying Wet Cleansing Cloths

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These towels are just the right amount of wetness...not TOO wet but also, wet enough! I do like the size of the towels and they are really soft and durable. The cleanser works really well to take off makeup. The reason I gave this a 3/5 and I wont be buying again though is that it broke me out! I don't break out easily and I only used maybe 3-4 towels and I had a cluster of pimples around my nose (about 4) and this is NOT normal for my skin to do this. I stopped using the towels and the pimples have gone away, with only one left but its very small now. I know not everyone is the same, but if you are acne prone I would probably avoid these. I also couldn't find any info on Olay advertising these to be noncomodegenic so its not necessarily their fault. I also noticed that they sting my eyes pretty bad if I used this to remove mascara!

Pros
-removes makeup
-scent is nice
-soft
-durable
-perfect wetness

cons
-caused acne
-stings eyes

Im going to pass on these!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by BrunetteinBranson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was using Olay Regenerist wipes after washing my face with Aveeno Positively Radiant cleanser every night. Well, for some reason the stores are always out of these wipes... So I decided to try Olay Total Effects 7 wipes. Well, I love these!! They are my product now! Regenerists was good but Total Effects is AWESOME! It leaves my skin feeling so soft and clean and the tone seems more even, as well! Also, no break outs at all (I would have some occasionally with Regenerist). I am only in my early 30's so most would say I don't even need these yet. But, I feel it's best to get a jump on the anti aging process. I really love the way my skin feels after doing my nightly regiment now including Olay Total Effects 7 wipes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Olay's Total Effects Wet Cleansing Cloths are "dual textured to gently cleanser and exfoliate the skin in one simple step - no lathering and rinsing required! At the same time, they infuse age defying vitamins and moisturizers for fresher, younger looking skin." Like all Olay Total Effects products, these facial towelettes fight seven signs of aging (lines and wrinkles, rough texture, uneven skin tone, dullness, prominent pores, age spots, and dryness). I don't believe facial wipes can really fight aging. Long time readers of my blog probably know the Olay is my favorite skincare brand, their products are ever present in my skincare routine, and I've never once been disappointed in one of their products. I used their Daily Facial towelettes for years, but I've never tried the Total Effects one, which is pre-moistened (the Daily Facial ones I used were water activated). Each packet of Olay's Total Effects wipes contain 30 wipes and retails for roughly $7. I was sent these cleansing towelettes by Free Beauty Events, in exchange for promoting their monthly giveaways. Olay doesn't publish where this product was made. Olay is a subsidiary of Proctor&Gamble, a company that does engage in animal testing.
Olay's Total Effects Wet Cloths come in a black shiny packet with a sticky tab closure. The sticky tab actually stays closed, protecting the contents from drying out. No one likes a dry towelettes. The sticky tab doubles as a label, featuring the name of the product, the Olay and Total Effects logos and a few short claims. Flip the packet over and you'll find directions, a full ingredient list, and some company info. Simple and efficient but sleek packaging, very nice. Plus it's black and gold!
Each cloth is on the larger side and has a soft, woven texture. Olay's Wet Cloths really are quite wet, which is always a bonus. These towelettes aren't made of a stretchy material like most, but they are very soft, and also durable, I can barely tear one. Olay's Total Effects Wet Cloths are great for removing foundation and face makeup, or just for wiping away the day's sweat and oil, but this is not the product to turn to for eye makeup removal. I'm not really sure what else to say about Olay's Wet Cloths, I'm really not one to use wipes like these in place of a true cleanser unless I really have to. I prefer them for in between cleansing or makeup removal. Olay Total Effects Wet Cloths leave behind a slight, filmy residue that makes me uncomfortable and itchy if I don't splash my face with water afterwards. I believe Olay said I wouldn't have to rinse. I don't know, I feel like needing to rinse cancels out the convenience of towelettes like these. If you aren't a fan of fragranced skincare, you'll certainly want to pass on Olay's Total Effects wipes, they're very strongly scented. The scent is nice, just too much, almost obnoxious.
This is the first Olay product to ever let me down. The towelettes are a good size and quite saturated, but not enough to be effective at removing heavier makeup. Olay's Total Effects Wet Cloths could be great for you if you wear minimal makeup, or non at all, but they just aren't enough for me. I don't like towelettes as cleansers unless I'm in a pinch or on the go, so I'll save the rest of my packet for travel. I won't be repurchasing though, I've already found wipes I like. I don't recommend Olay Total Effects Wet Cloths; there are more effective, more affordable face wipes out there that don't need leave a residue. Try Hard Candy's Take it Off Wipes ($5), or Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Towlettes ($6) instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never really been uber impressed with ANY makeup removing or cleansing wipes of any kind.
Now, that being said, I like these OKAY.
PROS-
It has a resealable package that unlike some others, actually works to keep the wipes moist.
They doesn't really have much of a smell/fragrance.
They doesn't burn or irritate my skin.
CONS-
They DO burn my eyes if I attempt to use them for eye makeup removal
Makeup removal is only decent, I usually have to follow up with another product; HOWEVER, no where on the package do these state that they remove makeup!! Only "cleanse", which implies you'll use them in place of cleanser. I never would, unless we are talking like after the gym or something.

They get a 3, I'll buy until I find the next best thing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Lupina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm finding all these wet cloths from Olay don't really take off all the MU. I end up using 2 and then washing afterward. They do feel refreshing and are better than not removing your MU at all. Still a great idea and good to use in a pinch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

If there was a Nobel prize for cosmetic inventions, the creator of these cleansing cloths should win! I love the convenience of being able to wash my face and remove all makeup, including mascara, without needing to find a sink, washcloth or even a mirror. It really does a terrific job cleaning everything off, and it even removes every last trace of mascara without ever irritating my eyes. Those of you who tend to be a bit lazy in regards to skin care should buy these by the case. I have used these and other varieties from Olay for years now and I keep at least five new packages on hand. The only room for improvement would be if Olay made some designed for acne control. I love the package design which allows easy access and no product waste. These little packets are perfect for travel, as they require no water and no rinsing. All the anti-aging and other benefits are just bonus features, and they they do a very creditable job keeping blemishes in check. As I'm sure you've guessed by now I absolutely love Olay's cleansing cloths have nothing negative to say. They're convenient, efficient and inexpensive - what more could a girl want?

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by bezarkobarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked these up because they were on sale and someone had left an olay coupon sitting on them so I decided to give them a shot. I can see dirt coming up on the cloths so I know it is picking stuff up, but at first I really didn't like that I felt it was leaving a residue on my skin. But in the last month my skin has become a little more soft. But I did get 2 very red dots on my face, but i'm not sure if they are from the cloths or stress.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I like these a lot.

I was a dedicated Soap and Glory towelette user but then they tragically disappeared off the shelves at target and I was forced to try a variety of other brands. You see, I am extremely lazy once bedtime rolls around and there is no way I am going to stand in the bathroom and splash water all over my face. I keep these in my nightstand drawer with whatever I am using to do battle with my fine lines and stubborn pores.

Most of the other brands I tried broke me out like a 14 year old. I was close to losing hope when I tried olay. I use these and another version from olay and I genuinely rely on them. I have had no problems, I love them.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by vrbing05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used these when I would go tanning to remove my makeup. They always left my skin feeling smooth and did a god job of removing my foundation, blush, powder and eye shadows. Not great at removing waterproof mascaras or super tough liners, but for the basics it does a pretty good job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never thought to purchase these types of cleansing cloths since my skin is so sensitive. I went on a trip a few months ago and my sister had these. They were perfect on the plane and to freshen up after walking miles and miles through Italy.
I use these at night before bed (some days I moisturize after but have noticed that moisturizing afterwards is not completely necessary even on my dry to normal skin) and in the morning I splash water on my face and moisturize.
Some reviews before me say they aren't the best to remove makeup, I only wear a tinted moisturizer and a little eye makeup and these are perfect for me. My sister wears mmu and much more eye makeup than me and she swears by them (and the target brand ones). Give them a try you will be amazed at the dirt these remove even if you aren't wearing makeup.
Price is decent I paid $6.99 for 30 cloths at target.
Highly recommended!