October 24, 2014 | 1617 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Tendre Poison [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by maleajou

mmmmmm, this one I adore. So round, elegant, soft, sweet and green at one time. One of my first perfumes, and I will keep coming back:-)
    And by the way, it smells like no other perfume, and not at all like its "mother" Poison (that stinks!)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by sauce62

Okay, so this is the last of my Dior samples ordered off of The Perfumed Court. I quite like it, though would never wear it on a regular basis. Reminds me too much of the eighties and my signature fragrance K de Krizia. Very heady. Fine for a night out, but I don't have a lot of those anymore. (thankfully!) It is woody and powdery and I would love to smell on someone else, but not me. Okay Dior, this one is not offensive. I will probably wear again, a good winter fragrance.
    P.S. I would love this on a guy!! Now we're talking!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by greenfaerie38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

To me, this smells like harsh cleaning products made by a hippie. Obsessively natural, yet still noxious. It's a shame, because I hoped this would be a Poison that I could wear in the daytime, but instead this is just a sharp green smack in the face.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Latar

I used to wear and always loved it. I do think that either agrees with your skin or it doesn't. I used to get complimented on this all the time, so I guess it worked on mine. Yet I've seen it not work for other people.
    I grew out of this and although I wouldn't buy it, I'd wear it if someone gave it to me! It has a really lasting staying power too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is the 2nd version of Poison by Christian Dior. This is my least favorite one. I believe it is discontinued, or otherwise harder to find. It is a floral but kind of soapy. It gives me a headache frankly. It is "cold". Top notes of galbanum and tangerine are followed by freesia and orange at its heart. The drydown is warm and subtle containing sandalwood and vanilla.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Crowstoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this is what i call my "corporate raider" perfume. i wear this when i need to be extra fierce. it makes me feel 10 feet tall and bulletttproof. i guess i'm one of those people who's body chemistry seems to agree with this scent because i get a lot of compliments when i wear this one. so it'll always stay in my scent rotation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by XEverX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing this perfume for many years! I have been told that I smell like a grandma though, but I really love the smell, its not for the faint of heart. I think its pungency is wonderful. This has become my 'secret stable smell' but by no means would I describe it as girly or alluring.
    Buy with caution!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by drvogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a sharp, soapy and powdery floral, very similar to Cabotine. I like it for a while, then it gets on my nerves for being a bit screechy. I suppose it is "tender" compared to the original Poison but on its own, I don't find it particularly easygoing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by holisticzen

I really wanted to like this, but I just can't. I LOVE pure poison, and I love the bottle that tendre comes in, but there's just something slightly offensive about the sent. It could be okay, but then there's this annoying, bitter note on me. I'll probably keep it for the bottle, but I won't wear it even occasionally.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 3:35:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

A rather youthful, sparkling spring/summer fragrance.
    It has nothing (i said nothing) to do with its predecessor Poison (they are in fact totally different fragrances).
    As someone below has noticed, Tendre Poison is very similar to Cabotine.
    In fact this is what I always thought.. a lot of white flowers upfront, Tuberose & jasmine with a hint of citrus.
    And this is why I loved it, being Cabotine one of my favourite summer frags and a long time companion (Still wear it these days!).
    Tendre Poison is a little more vibrant than Cabotine (being the latter more "creamier" and with a higher staying power), but still a a fragrance for a yourg lady that wants to give a carefree, joyful but classy image of herself.
    Try the Body Lotion, it's even better.... leaves a subtle trace of the perfume, when you don't want to make much of a "statement".
    I like it, and, even if it's clearly a perfume of the 90's, to me it's by far the most successsful Poison of the entire line (from a perfumery point of view, not a commercial point of view!).