July 30, 2014 | 2098 users online

Crème - Clinique - City Base Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Emwins

I'm so bummed this was discontinued. I love the formula but the color really sold me!
I have fair combination skiing with pink and blue (cool) undertones, and have had a really hard time finding a match that doesn't look like I have on a mask. The pale shade was perfect!
I've also since used revlon' "ultimate age renew" something about a lifter. It has primer in and the color is spot on, but it's been breaking me out a little. A great match for Pale 01 in city base, if anyone's looking.
I'm off to the counter to try out the new "even better" whatevers, so we'll see how this goes. I really loved this product though, I've been wearing it for the last ten years (since high school).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

Why all of the hate on this product? I'm so upset it got discontinued.

This was my foundation during the winter and cold autumn months. Moderate buildable coverage which covered up my rosacea. I do see why people with oily skin would hate this. But I have severely dry skin and this worked like a dream. I did set it with powder so I never had problems with it fading during the day. The only problem I had was the bulky packaging. I'd rather it take up half the space and I store the sponge separately.

I used the shade Fair.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by hoppii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very thick cream foundation that makes your face look very flawless but in a very "heavy" way... like it looks like makeup. I tend to not wear it a lot because it is heavy and full coverage, but it great for fancy events like prom where you just want that crazy airbrushed look.

I just use it nowadays as a full coverage concealer and it works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by lzphill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation because it is the only thing I can find that gives me even coverage and most importantly, does not irritate my acne prone skin! I am extremely prone to break outs and this is the only foundation that doesn't contribute to break outs. I wish it had less shine to it for those of us with more oily skin, but its nothing a few blotting sheets can't correct. Also, I wish they had a larger range of colors since there are really only a few options and that there was the option to buy additional application sponges like the one in the compact because I like to switch mine out every once in a while and appreciate the quality of this sponge more than the ones you can buy anywhere else. I will continue to buy this product in the future and have already been using it for 12 years now.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Lilshu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used Loreal Feel Naturale in pale for years. I can no longer get it because it is discontinued. Went to Clinique looking for alternative. Tried the City Base in Pale. I really wanted to love it. Hated it!!! Returned it. It is very gummy consistency. The coverage is not great. The packaging is a waste. Should be refillable. The sponge applicator is also not great. Is small and would not hold up thru the life of the product. I am still looking for a replacement for the Feel Naturale :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

i really wanted to like this. i'm an NC40 in MAC, and i decided to go to clinique to try a foundation from there since there isnt a MAC store anywhere near where i live and i didn't have time at the moment to travel. the clinique assistants matched me with the color vanilla. there are sooo many cons with this product. first of all, it is almost greasy. like, it rubs off on EVERYTHING. there is no keeping it on, even with powder over it. it also gets splotchy throughout the day. i cant even lay my head down, or more or less even touch my face without the makeup coming off. i didn't even finish this product i didnt like it that much. also, the color seems like it was a little bit off, i dont know how to describe it. you could get buildable coverage with this and the packaging is okay. this just doesnt work for me, AT ALL. there is no way i would buy this again. usually, i love everything from clinique, the eyeshadows eyeliners powders.. but this product is the worst i have ever tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by jenlulz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Macy's in Roseburg because they did not have a MAC counter and I was out of make up. This made my face look greasy. It also gave me a rash. I have tried several Clinique products and have never been impressed. Will not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by catgirl2

First I bought number 7 and it was way to dark, neutral color, then I exchanged for number 4 again still to dark, neutral color also, then I exchanged for number 2, a pink undertone called Fair, it is perfect. I always buy medium with all other foundations Never ever Fair but with clinique city base it works. The color Fair is really a medium color in my opinion. I have found the cream foundation to be great for dry to normal, combo skin. I use Retin A at night and sometimes my foundation will dry out during the day, not city base, it keeps the skin moisturized. Coverage is light to full, just depends how much you apply.The colors are way OFF. I highly recommend city base compact just pick out the color in person

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by VikiLyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hmmm - not sure why there's so much negative about this stuff. Everyone's skin is different, I suppose. For me, this stuff works great.
I wore this years ago and then stopped because, well, you know - there must be something better out there, right? Recently I was just wasting a little time at the mall, and the Chanel counter had a Chanel makeup artist there - she did my face with their Teint Innocence creme-to-powder foundation. And I LOVED it. And I spent $57 on it. And a week later i returned it because my skin was trashed -little bumps and clogged pores everywhere. My skin is dry, its not breakout prone, and it almost always behaves!
Anyway, I remembered using this (very similar) product, and decided to get it instead. I actually like it better. It really does dry to a somewhat powder-like finish on my skin, yet without drying my skin or accentuating any flakes or wrinkles. The Chanel one never really seemed to dry - it was always a bit greasy, and just sitting on top of my skin. This is easy to blend, really fast to apply, and looks extremely natural. Costs less than half the Chanel price too. My skin is clearing up again, too. Clinique rarely lets me down, I'm sure I'll stray again, but right now, I'm glad I found this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Mimosa07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I admitt (and regret) that I bought this without checking reviews on here. I bought this on a whim, hoping it would replace MAC's Studio Tech, but it does NOT. Clinique's color range for this product is not wide at all, there are only 6 shades to choose from. The SA determined I was an 06 Soft Vanilla (I'm a NC30). But really, it was a no brainer, since the lighter shade before this was cool and completely pink toned, I could only be this, since I am tan but not a darker tan. Soft vanilla looks very dark in the container, but surprisingly looks ok on me, although I it does make me look a little bit tanner. Its coverage is moderate, but even though it says its "buildable", too much makes you look cakey. Wearing powder on top is a must in order for this to stay on longer. It probably doesn't have much staying power because it's so creamy and never dries out (in the compact). It hasn't broken me out, but I've never had that problem with foundations. The packaging is kinda big, but sturdy and the bigger mirror is always nice. I'll use this every once in a while, but I really wish I would have waited until I could make the drive out to a MAC store, because this does not compare to Studio Tech.