July 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Shampoo - Klorane - gentle shampoo with oat milk ( frequent use)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by blairxbianca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

You have to use heaps of this to get any sort of lather, plus it made my hair flat and lifeless. I think I'll pass on this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 4:50:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

I'm not really sure if I like this or not.
A few months ago I got highlights in my hair, but when I started using this shampoo I felt like all the colour disappeared. I know that some colours fade with time, but I'm suprised how fast it suddently happened. So yeah.. It might be this shampoo!

It also felt a bit drying on my hair. In a way it was a good thing, since it helped my hair not getting oily as much as normal on 2nd day, but at the same time I want my shampoo to nurish my hair, since it's pretty dry and damaged from heat, colour, etc.

The consistency of this shampoo is so special. It's runny like water, probably because the first ingredient in this is water. Next comes Sodium Laureth Sulphate so it does lather, but since it's so runny I find it hard to work with. Comes in a 200ml bottle, so you use this up quickly. Not a problem for me, since I'm not gonna buy it again.

I wouldn't really recommend this, unless you already have either healthy, normal or oily hair, that isn't colour treated.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by CristineF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very oily scalp and dry ends but I never use anything deep cleansing or purifying as I consider these too harsh on my hair. My philosophy on hair care is that I'd rather let my hair get a little greasy than risk striping it off its natural oils using shampoos what are supposedly suitable for my hair.

I always use super gentle shampoos... A frequent use shampoo is always gentler than a regular one even though I don't wash my hair daily also something that's suitable for kids sure has a gentler formula.

This shampoo is wonder in a bottle. It REALLY is super gently and has a rich but airy souffle-like lather not that heavy buttery-thick lather that cheaper shampoos have.. At first I thought the bottle is unfairly small for the price but the shampoo is really economic... I wash my hair twice and every time I use only a pea sized drop for my entire hair which is elbow-length and very dense. I'm left with clean hair for 1 to 3 days depending on weather and environment.

PLEASE NOTE Klorane changed the formula for this shampoo a little over one year ago. My review is for the new formula.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Klorane Shampoo with Oat Milk, which purports to be for frequent use on all hair types, is more or less exactly as advertised. It's a basic but reliable detergent-based formula, with its cleansing pitched dead center for a soft lather that kicks up as you work it into the scalp (my method: add shampoo and water in small, alternating increments). It is perhaps best suited to normal hair, it goes slightly too squeaky clean on my dry hair, yet very likely insufficient on oily scalps. The gimmick---the inclusion of oak milk---has some minor effect. It doesn't outright cure dandruff, but my scalp is less irritable. And it is certainly intended for frequent use; greasiness gathers more quickly than usual. It has a powdery fresh laundry fragrance (synthetic musks), stronger than it needs to be, but a refreshing alternative to the typical fruity-floral that sweetens the average shampoo.

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua). Sodium Laureth Sulfate. Propylene Glycol. Coco-Glucoside. Lauryl Betaine. Sodium Chloride. Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol. Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (Avena Sativa Kernel Extract). Benzoic Acid. Citric Acid. Disodium EDTA. Fragrance (Parfum). Inulin. Methylisothiazolinone. Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate. Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer. Xanthan Gum.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best shampoo I've used in a long time, or maybe ever. It gets my hair clean without making it feel heavy or oily or dry. It just feels light and soft. It's also very gentle on my scalp. I started using it in the winter because my previous shampoo was making my scalp itch like crazy, which is quite common for me during the winter. I didn't get any itching with this shampoo, and I liked how my hair looked and felt. I bought a few backups because I think it's discontinued (I found it on the clearance rack).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by SanjaFika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I never-ever repurchase hair products - especially shampoo! Before i found this my opinion on shampoos was simple - anything goes since i always follow the wash with a good conditioner! Honestly after spending so much money on salon products with very little difference in efficiency and feel, I figured i might as well use drugstore brands and save my money for HE conditioners/hair masks. Then one day i walked in to Shoppers Drug Mart and found this boring looking bottle in the clearance section. I recognized the brand from back home (i am originally from Europe) and a wave of nostalgia swept over me and before i knew it i was at the register :) I came home and that night in the shower my love affair with this "boring oat" formula was born. Finally i saw and felt the difference the right shampoo can make! Its insanely gentle, no fragrance, lathers up well and tames my hair almost immidietly :) Another thing i LOVE about the brand is that under the "directions" it actually states "one wash is enough" - every other bottle says "rinse and repeat"! What can i say, i really appreciate that kind of messaging lol
So the moral of the story is that there are shampoos out there that make a difference and they dont have to have a huge "logo" or celebrity endorsment or even massive advertizing in order to work perfectly. I will continue to repurchase and hoard the mundane little bottle forever more - they better not discontinue it either! I have never cried over a material/cosmetic item but i might not be able to stop myself when it comes to this miracle milky-oat potion :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the frequent use oatmilk liquid shampoo, not the dry spray. This shampoo has a nice fresh scent and provides a decent lather. I do need a bit of conditioner with this one. After blow-drying my hair is shiny and soft, but a bit flat. It doesn't aggravate shedding, which is a plus. Overall, it's pretty good if not a bit expensive ($18 for 13 ounces), so I probably will use it up and move on to something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by prettyfacades

This is an ok shampoo. It leaves the hair soft and smooth, not dry and frizzy, I don't even use conditioner.

I would like it even more if it cleaned a bit better. I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week (lazy haha), and I feel like this doesn't really clean out all the product buildup from my dry shampoo, hairspray, and hair oils.

It's good for everyday I guess but not cleansing enough for me.

Yes I would repurchase. I'm trying to wash my hair more often actually, as motivation for me to work out more.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by careyoung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Klorane make amazing shampoos, and this one is great for anyone seeking gentle cleansing. Smells great, and has a lovely lather: note that this is not a sulfate-free shampoo, but is gentle nonetheless. Importantly, it does not dry out my very sensitive scalp. I've had severe psoriasis since I was a child, so we're talking really sensitive and fragile! I alternate this with my medicated shampoo. Definitely recommend!

Edit: note that while this shampoo does contain sodium laureth sulfate, this is a relatively mild sulfate. It DOES NOT contain sodium lauryl sulfate... a much more irritating ingredient!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great shampoo for frequent use, but because I don't always wash my hair everyday (I have a dry scalp), I sometimes found it to be too gentle, and not cleansing enough. For someone with color-treated, abused, this is probably a great shampoo for them.