September 16, 2014 | 2024 users online

Palettes - BeneFit Cosmetics - Decked out Dandelion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 3:58:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this palette. honestly if the colours were selected only for me they couldn't have done a better job. the e/s highlights my green eye perfectly; the blush is fool proof even on my PPP skin; and the lipstick I loved so much I had to buy a full size because it's so versatile I used it all up! add a little mascara and voila! you're done. perfect face in 5 minutes. all the products are high quality (high pigmented and long wearing); and even the case has survived pretty undamaged in my makeup bag. wish the mirror was a tad larger, but eh can't have everything.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2007 4:24:00 AM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this is such a great "no makeup" makeup palette. i finally found the decked out dandelion palette on ebay for about $30.00 + $6.00 shipping.

unlike some reviewers, i was actually pleased that the makeup in this palette is really sheer/not highly pigmented. in my opinion, this makes it ideal for touch ups on the go when i can't sit down and actually be careful. i'm not actually that great at applying makeup when it is highly pigmented (i'm jealous of those of you who can apply black eyeshadow and make it look flawless.) i think there have been a few reviewers who have reported that they can sort of haphazardly apply dandelion blush while on their way to work. i don't recommend driving & applying makeup at once, but if you're rushed/do not exactly care much about spending 40 minutes getting some tricky blush application down pat, this seems like it would be a great product.

the lip cream is a nice sort of ylbb shade. i wish they still sold something like this from benefit. very natural looking and just adds a bit of pinkey pigment to your lips, nothing more.

dandelion is a lovely pink blush. i can't get over how nice and girly/delicate it looks. if you are sort of a kirsten-dunst-pale, this could be a great blush for you. if you are going for "dainty" and "fragile", i think this blush delivers what you might want.

the eyeshadows included with this kit compliment the blush/lip creme pretty perfectly. i feel "put together" but not overly made up when i use this kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2006 11:01:00 AM More reviews by dollface06

I loved this palette and I am so sad that they stopped selling it in England. I am a huge fan of Benefit and the Decked-Out Dandelion Palette is one of the best items of makeup I have ever used. I got two within a few weeks of each other as I loved it so much! Loved the packaging, loved all the shades (Dandelion is such a pretty blush/ powder and Flirt is my favorite lipstick). Even loved the purpley eyeshadow on me (Mr Right Now), a shade I wouldn't usually have gone for, but it looked gorgeous on and worked well with the rosy look. The brushes were also fab, which is a rare thing for a palette. Felt really pretty, feminine and sexy wearing this look. Why oh why was it limited edition? It doesn't make sense!

I'm a PPP with pink tones, blue eyes and brunette hair.

Jane and Jean, if you are reading this pleeeeeeease bring it back! x

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2006 12:43:00 AM More reviews by oohbarracuda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm totally diggin' the sleek and pretty package, but didn't expect it to be that large. Overall this is a nice set for a pretty subtle day look.

The dear john [light pink] eyeshadow looks great and the mr. right now [mauve] is nice and subtle, it needs lots of layering to truly be seen.

The flirt lip cream is a bit light, but that's not a bad thing really. Goes great w/defined eyes.

LOVE the dandelion powder!!! Makes me feel pretty - oh so pretty! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2006 9:50:00 PM More reviews by bohemian2day

The magnetic clasp is really handy for on the go, the mirror is too small, my cheeks are naturally rosy so the colour of the dandelion powder was not noticable, the eyeshadows were pretty and subtle, and the flirt lipstick was a pretty pink that slicked on nicely even though the lipstick applicator was small, also the powder apllicator was not suitable, the eyeshawdow applicator seemed to do the job.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2006 9:17:00 PM More reviews by audmac

i got this palette when it first came out cuz i loved my dandelion powder and thought it would be a great look. this palette was a big dissapointment. none of the other colors in the palette showed up very well except the lip cream which looked hideous on me. lol

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2006 1:49:00 AM More reviews by starprincess

The only thing I really like about this palette and would buy again is the individual Dandelion product, I don't know why I didn't just buy the individual Dandelion to start with :( I really like Dandelion and the packaging is very cutesy.

The eyeshadows are nice and go on well, but the colours aren't 'Wow' or anything.

The lipgloss is really sheer and doesn't show up on me at all.

The brushes are pretty useless, but what do you expect in a palette?

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2005 2:55:00 PM More reviews by backygirly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm taking this back to Sephora. This is my 3rd or 4th product from Benefit and I am always disappointed. Why I continue to buy from them is beyond me. Anyway, I was on Sephora's site and I thought the palette was sooo pretty, I just had to have it. I just used it this morning. The colors are NOT pigmented at all! The eyeshadows hardly show up on my eyes. I thought that for such an expensive palette, it would show up a lot better. The lip color is nice but subtle. And the blush itself does not show up on me and I'm a PPP. I can't wait to return this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2005 9:49:00 AM More reviews by amyaub

Overall, I'm not too impressed with this palette. The colors are nice but rather blah. It's great if you need something to take with you to freshen up or you want to try some Benefit products, but other than that, not really worth it. This palette would be more suitable for a PPP than any other skin type since the shades wouldn't really show up on darker skin. The palette is ok but not enough to wow me into buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2005 2:03:00 PM More reviews by sissycha

I purchased this on the premise that it would be a handy pallette to carry around. not too pleased when i opened it up to use. the dandelion was of such poor quality i ended up taking back to the counter and exchanging it for one where the dandelion would actually adhere to the brush. Also ended up discussing with the sales consultant about the colour of the dandelion in the pallette being completely different from the original. she advised it was the same powder but you could tell she agreed with me after we tested it out. the rest of the colours in the set are nice but will stick to the indivitual benefit products.