April 20, 2014 | 1812 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Fast & Gentle Polish Remover Acetone-Free with Vitamin E

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This nail polish remover is fine... it's fine if you're in desperate need of a remover and this is the only thing in the store - it will get the job done. It smells exactly as you'd expect and it hasn't seemed to hurt my nails in any way, but I'll be sticking to Cutex which I find much more effective.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by quickbrownfox

This should be the worst nail polish remover I've ever used. I'd rather use pure acetone than this. There is just one thing you expect from a nail polish remover: to remove the polish. This thing doesn't do that, smells funny and it is quite expensive for a polish remover. I doubt that it has anything for moisturizing the nail, it seems like it's diluted polish remover sold for a higher price. Don't listen to sales person like I did, you'll regret it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by MissNoirNoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I must admit, I have a love-hate relationship with Sally Hansen. I love and regularly use her Mega Shine extended wear top coat HOWEVER, this acetone-free nail polish remover is bad! This is truly an example of you get what you pay for... >=( I ran out my normal remover and was desperate so I decided to buy this one because it claims on the bottle that it is 'fast and gentle' and for 'healthy nails'... huge mistake /facepalm. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and I've only used this remover about 7 times but as you can see from my photo, you need HEAPS of remover to take off your polish- it makes nail polish removal so laborious and I've also found out (too late) that this product has made my strong nails weaken and dry out to the point that my left thumbnail now has a deep split in it :( Grrr... The expression I've drawn on my bottle is how I feel about this remover!
Save your nails ladies!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is your average nail polish remover that I would classify as 'supermarket' standard. It seems to take a bit more scrubbing to remove the polish & leaves the nails quite dry. I like that it's acetone free & has a child-proof cap. Very important. Would I buy again? No for the fact that I'm sure there are better removers out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Jenn436

This is the worst nail polish remover I have ever used. I admit - I bought it accidently. I usually buy this same brand but for weak nails instead, the bottle is a very similar color. Anyway, this remover is AWFUL. It is not effective at removing nail polish, it stinks, and it literally turned my nails white. It turned my cottonball into a serious sticky mess. It was ineffective is removing all the nail polish and it left residue all over my fingers. It is so ridiculously drying that I can actually feel it. My nails feel weaker and I can see them now beginning to peel at the tips. As soon as I was finished I washed my hands hoping the white on my nails was just residue, but it wasn't. It is actually that drying. It left me applying cuticle cream like a manic afterwords.

I seriously recommend that no one buys this. Thank goodness it was so cheap because this is going straight into the garbage!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by rikiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was cheap, since I got it at Wal-Mart, but that's about the only positive thing it had.

I bought it because it claimed to be Acetone-Free, and because I have weak nails I figured I would need a more gentle polish remover to keep from harming my nails. This polish remover actually started to take strips off from my actual nail!!

The formula is also incredibly "sticky" it made my cotton pad into something like a piece of gum and stuck to all my fingers (the flesh part, not my nails!) and made it hard to even wipe over the polish. My nails felt thinner after cleaning the polish off and incredibly weak. They're dry and on some nails there's even peeling. Absolutely no sense of nourishment like the product claims at all!

I'd never buy this product again and personally I'd advise anyone not to. I'd much rather use the plain polish remover and be able to wipe polish off quick rather than take my time and let this melt my nail down.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

Acetone-free nail polish removers do not damage your nails as much compared to ones with acetone. This was my first nail polish remover but one thing I hated about it was that it would dry my nails so much. I didn't really care how much or how fast it took off my nail polish cuz I normally saturate a cotton ball and apply it on my nail and wait a while before i apply pressure and wipe it off. But everytime I did, my nails would become so dry when I've moved on to the next nail and I hate it so much! I don't know it thats how all acetone-free nail polish removers work but this just does not leave my cuticles and nails "moist". Won't really repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by tresadorkable

I really dislike this product. Like most of the reviews for this product have noted, it does take awhile to remove nail polish, even at a generous amount. I do like the fact that it's acetone-free but it's a definite no repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

I like this product. The lid is spill proof (it has a tiny pin size hole that you use to ‘squirt’ the product out on a cotton pad) not to mention it takes off my nail polish effectively (I don’t wear anything fancy just regular nail polish by sally Hansen and or L’Oreal). The only problem is it does dry my nails out a little- I suppose that is to be expected from a nail polish remover.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2007 11:18:00 PM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate to say it but this product sucks! I have acrylic nails and bought this thinking it would be good for removing a bad polish job I recently got at the nail salon. When I used it, it took FOREVER to get the polish off! And not only that, it took a bit of my acrylic off my tips. This remover claims it is safe for artificial nails, but there is no way it is because of these results. Stay away from this if you plan to use half a bottle to remove polish and ruin your acrylics. Lame!