April 18, 2014 | 1781 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avon - Moisture Therapy Oatmeal Body Lotion

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This lotion did nothing for me. It's really watery, it sits on the skin for a while, and the moisture don't last long enough.

It's winter here, and I need something that is really moisturizing, and this lotion is not it. However, it may be better for the summer. I like that it's odor free, but that's it. I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

UPDATE: WOULD NOT CONSIDER DUE TO ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET 17/02/2012 This lotion dosen't do much for me. It's too watery and the moisture dosen't last long enough. I know it's very popular but for me it's not enough, even during the summer I find it to light. On the other hand, my daughter who is in a swim team likes to put it on her legs after a training session. She has normal skin that can get dry because of the chlorine. She likes to have an odor free option. So I would buy it again for her but not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always keep a big bottle of this lotion on hand. It absorbs really well and helps with dry itchy skin. My hubby and our 5 boys all use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by josephine1234

HG LOTION. Great Texture for quick application. This stuff won't solve dry skin problems, but it will leave you feeling moisturized. I would suggest using this in combination with something stronger if you have problem skin, as I find the moisture lasts MAX 12 hours (so you need twice daily application). For example, I have KP on my arms, so I used lubriderm with AHA for that, and this for the rest of my body.Love that it is unscented.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by vanitykey

This is HG lotion. I found this very soothing and one thing I love about it is that it's fragrance-free since I don't like moisturizers with perfumes! This is very cheap and I think this is better than Aveeno.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by retaildrone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

So far I'm absolutely in love with this lotion. It doesn't really have a scent. It's not too greasy. It leaves my legs silky smooth without any of the hives I sometimes get after shaving. The true test will be this winter, but I feel pretty confident and well stocked. I purchased a ridiculous amount of this stuff in a set for just 9.99 US.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by sassattack

I used the heck out of this in the winter. I like the smell and feel of this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by TRIPPIN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite body and hand lotion. I purchased two liters at $5/bottle when Avon had them on sale. I keep a bottle on my desk at work and one at home.

I find it works really well on my very dry skin. In fact, I don't see any difference between this and Aveeno oatmeal lotion which costs 4 x as much. I've already bought another two more bottles during the last campaign. This time they were on sale for $9/bottle. Not as cheap as $5/bottle but still a great deal, in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Princesa7

This lotion is ok. The scent is super light and it absorbs nicely but the only problem for me is that its just not moisturizing enough. When I first put some on it seems to moisturize well but then not even a hr later my skin feels dried out.l think this would be a decent spring/summer lotion tho......anyway I passed this along to my husband it works for him lol I'm gonna stick to my Jergens lotion for now..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Jolly_C

I like how this lotion has a light-weight consistency. Absorption rate is medium--it doesn't absorb immediately, but it will not leave your skin greasy 5 minutes you apply it on. There isn't a fragrance listed on the ingredients list, but it does have a lovely, creamy oatmeal odor to it. The scent only lasts about a minute, so you don't have to worry about smelling like breakfast all day long. Like the previous reviewer said, this will not make you itchy.

This would have gotten four lippies but--even though it is often ridiculously cheap and has a nice texture--it is not emollient enough. With regular, drugstore lotions, I probably use about two or three tablespoons to moisturize my body. With the Moisture Therapy Oatmeal lotion, I have to use about three, four, even five palmfuls (not joking). In terms of dryness, my body does get slightly dry in the winter. However, when I used this lotion for the first time, I realized why Avon gives you so much product for the price.

If this had been more emollient, I would repurchase. Since I have to reapply this lotion over and over just to get the right amount of moisture, I think this product is a waste of time. AVOID if you have moderate to very dry skin--invest your money in something much more effective. Will not repurchase. Not recommended.