November 23, 2014 | 1067 users online

Eye Shadow - Stila - Eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by KeIIsBells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not original. At all. Like everyone else, I love the Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten. I prefer wearing this eyeshadow wet (you get a lot more a sheen with it). If I'm feeling extra special one day I'll pull this shadow out and pop it on the lid. I'll add some matte browns/greys in my crease and I'm all set! I love how this shadow is very pigmented. I don't have to continuously dip my brush into the product to get an even sweep of product across my lid.

I give it an A+ on my grading scale!
I would repurchase (I would imagine it'd take you
forever to get through one of those Stila Eyeshadow singles!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe these have so many good reviews. I find Stila eyeshadows have horrible fallout & don't last as long as other brands such as MAC & Urban Decay, EVEN with primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a Luxe Eyeshadow Palette (which was a gift as Stila is not readily available in Scotland where I live) that has 9 Stila eyeshadows (matte and sparkly) so I would say that it is a good range to be able to form an opinion about the eyeshadows from this brand.

It is my first foray into Stila as a brand and on one hand I am quite impressed (eye shadows are buttery, not too shimmery and decently pigmented) and on the other a bit disappointed - these eyeshadows do not work well with my Nars Smoodge proof eyeshadow base (which so far worked fine with MAC, Guerlain, Inglot and L'Oreal e/s) and my MAC eye brushes.

Surprisingly these work well applied with small Shu Uemura sponge applicators (which might be because of the eyeshadows being cream-to-powder formula) or fingers. Brushes seem to simply wipe off the colour leaving the eyeshadow as a patchy layer on my lids.

However, when applied these hold on for the whole day, w/o fading or creasing (though I would need to try them on sans Nars base) with a minute drop off of darker colours during application.

Although the packaging is really beautiful I am a bit worried about the eyeshadows drying out (I stuck a transparent plastic sheet separator with a bit of a sticky tape to keep them protected) so it is not ideal. It is also not very travel friendly imho.

I am just wondering if these would fit into a MAC palette?

BTW - The palette contains also a smudge proof waterproof eyeliner which I need to mention here - I use an eyeliner (Laura Mercier, Mac or Bobbi Brown) to tight line my upper eyelid as a finishing touch of my eyemakeup before applying mascara. This one was a bit of a failure in my books - it smeared all over my contact lenses within minutes from application! I had to take them out twice to wipe them off (luckily it did not set!) to get rid of blurriness. What a nuisance!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I find that the Stila line is typically hit or miss, but the quality of their shadows are great. They are pigmented, soft, and work with any brush. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by froggrlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My favorite eyeshadow. They make wonderful colors in a super-blendable formula. I think they make the perfect shimmers: not too glittery or sparkly, just luminescent. The colors look true to their pan form and don't crease easily. The team that makes these has a unrivaled eye for wearable, beautiful colors. The classic Kitten is a favorite, and the discontinued Viola. The packaging has changed over the years, some have been better than others. It currently comes in a plastic clamshell, which is fine. Love to get these in the sets Stila comes out with. A great value.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by sharmilaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have just got into Stila eyeshadows, & am blown away with the quality,colors, and finish of these shadows.
These apply like butter! they have dreamy velvet texture. They are never uneven in application like getting patchy spots on some areas/ skin showing through).
Excellent pigmentation one swipe & I get sufficient color (not like I keep rubbing my fingers over & over again to get any glimpse of color).
Limited colors vs Mac but alot of them are worth picking up. Gorgeous single eyeshadows, the trio's are a little expensive but they are beautiful!, Jewel eyeshadow: Explode with shimmer like a billion stars! I just tried black diamond next I will try some others shades
(I did not see any chunks of glitter though).

Some favorites: Kitten, Golightly(like this alot), Diamond lil (excellent by itself or for smokey eyes my favorite), Cloud (great! shimmering silver/taupe/grey) Grace (shimmering nude), Starlight (shimmering champagne), Sun (gold/peach), Wheat (beige light brown),Sparkle (golden bronze), La douce (metallice olive green)..
Trio that I liked alot! - Ethereal, Champagne Glow, Bronze Glow

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by MaddieEvans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Stila eyeshadow (specifically the espresso shade) is my new favourite! I got it from ebeauty.ca for around $25, which is a fair amount more than my usual brand but I love the colour and it had lasted quite awhile. A little bit really does go a long way, and it blends really easily. The espresso shade is perfect for a neutral look that's just a tad dramatic. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by kreamsoduh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have one of the older shadows from when you had to buy the little pot separately to put it in and that packaging is absolutely horrible for travelling because they always open and I end up with divits in my shadow and shadow smeared across all of my other make up. That being said, even when they don't open in your makeup bag, there are still piles and piles of fallout which is really annoying but the colors are gorgeous and a little product goes a long way so I'll deal with a little fallout in exchange for great shadows. I don't know how well the new packaging stays closed but I will say that from what I have seen just from checking them out online and in stores (I don't really need any new shadows at the moment) the packaging is rather plane and somewhat ugly in my opinion so that is something to consider.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by taliacrayon24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great colors that stay, love these. I have Cassis and Cloud. Love the texture and how you can make them more vivid by wetting the brush you're using. Will probably repurchase these once I run out. I only got a paler shade and a deep purple, so I could blend them for special occasions, but I might get some more neutral shades for everyday use if I ever have extra cash to burn, because I checked the price at Sephora and these are pretty expensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by citygirl123

I used to be Stila girl. I LOVE the eye shadow compacts they have! Still do, actually. I think that's what got me start using them.

I liked these shadows for a while, but that was before I was REALLY into make-up. Once I got hooked on other brands like MAC and MUFE, I realized that Stila shadows were pretty average, especially for the cost. The pans are larger than most other brands, but I find these to fade very quickly (even with a good primer), and I don't think the colors are all that pigmented, actually. They're beautiful everyday colors for natural looks, but for going out or for special occasions, this is not the brand I'd pick. I also don't like the limited color selection. I always found them to be pretty boring (lots of natural colors, plus a few plums and greens) and not very diverse or interesting.

I still have my compacts for six shadows and I use them from time to time. I do like to refill Kitten. That's been a tried and true highlight color for me that I love. It's even great on the lid! I also have a few everyday plum colors that I like, but that's about it. I find their browns to be too dull for me, which is weird because browns are kind of muted as it is. Hmm?

Overall, I'd repurchase a few colors, but mostly, I find myself using MAC shadows more regularly.