April 20, 2014 | 920 users online

Blush - Hard Candy - Sweet Cheeks Liquid Blush - Baby

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by mandycool01

i bought this for super cheap on sephora. it looks like a nail polish bottle, it is so tiny. its pretty good. i use the applicator to apply to the back of my hand, then i use my blush brush to put it on my apples and blend back. Pretty, pale pink, dewy , slightly shimmery color. very natural if blended well. when that dries sometimes ill top it off with a little powder blush in the same or close color and it looks great. for reference im a nc 20. pale with warm yellow undertones that can wear both cool and warm colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Mojie

I mainly bought this in 2 colors (Girlie and Baby) because it was dirt cheap on Sephora.com ($3.38!) and it sounded interesting. I rarely wear blush, but I'm starting to really like the way it looks on me since foundations tend to wash my already pale (MAC NW15-NW20) skin out even more and leave me looking more pale than usual (I do have redness/pinkness in my cheeks and across my nose naturally, which disappears with foundation or tinted moisturizer).

Sweet Cheeks comes in a nail-polish style container and applies with a brush. While I find the idea of liquid blush a little frightening (because I'm afraid I'm going to put way too much on or it's not going to be sheer enough), this was extremely easy to apply and blend in. The pigmentation in the Sweet Cheeks blushes that I tried was very sheer, so no worries about looking like Bozo, even for an amateur like me.

Baby appears to be a pale, baby pink in the container, but almost disappears into my pale skin as soon as I start to blend it. I'm left with the tiniest hint of a flush and a nice subtle shimmer. Very natural looking (aside from the shimmer, which is barely enough to be noticeable) and flattering on my skin. I don't think this particular color would work well for ladies with darker skin tones because the color is very light and sheer, and it's too light for me to wear regularly, but I think this will be nice for giving my cheeks a little bit of a glow. For me, this is more like a highlighter than a blush.

I would definitely buy this again at the price I paid, but I wouldn't pay retail on this. I'd be more likely to buy a MAC sheertone pressed blush or another liquid blush with a little more oomph to it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2005 8:54:00 PM More reviews by journeyisthejoy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just tested this at sephora after reading about it in a magazine. While I am a fan of liquid blushes, this had very little pigment and was more like an application of shimmer. But it is comparatively cheap for $12.50.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2005 5:42:00 PM More reviews by EveryGreatLove22

I really like how this looks on my pale skin. The gold shimmer it subtle and brilliant. The application brush makes it easy to use, and the price is low compared to many other high end products.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2004 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Diorgirly

this blush is very fun to put on. i feel like I'm putting icing on. the color is a lightly shimmery light pink. u can build the color, but the blush does not blend that well over certain face make-up. i can't quite figure out if it causes me to break out. not long wearing as i would like. but i have not found any light pink liquid blushes, so there isn't much of a choice. still looking for that long wearing blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2004 8:05:00 PM More reviews by PeroxideGloss

This isn't as the online swatch appears, but it's very cute and surprisingly good quality coming from Hard Candy which has lately been proving itself a better line than it used to be. The shade is a pale, warm coral pink with a dab of gold shimmer that shows up veyr dewy and fresh on the skin. I saw this thinking an alternative to BeneFit High Beam, but it delivers much more flush and a fabulous value. I could see myself never running out of this.