Calvin Klein CK One

3.4

on 3/5/2015 5:03:00 PM

Oh my..first used this some 20+ years ago..
As others have said, it is great to take a trip down memory lane...
Yes, totally unisex scent, a fresh, clean scent that lasts all day, and as others have said, a little goes a long way. This just takes me back to my 20's, when music was great, remembering being carefree as a bird, and the world in general seemed like a happier place...

on 1/15/2015 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

90's nostalgia at it's best!! Even if it weren't a nostalgia thing, I LOVE this scent and I never grow tired of it. I would say it's probably my favorite scent of all time. It's so clean and fresh smelling. It is a unisex scent which is kind of weird but I don't really mind, it still smells fantastic and takes me back to middle school.

on 12/16/2014 2:05:00 AM

Absolutely clean, fresh, and understated, yet long-lasting. Pure citrus/green-tea/soap yumminess. A '90s craze that nonetheless has "classic fougere" written all over it.

I had a boyfriend in 1995 who wore this, and the smell of it mixed with the leather scent from his black motorcycle jacket drove me bonkers with lust! I liked it a lot on myself, too, even though at that age I was trying to seem older, and therefore favored heavy chypres and Orientals. I remember buying several bottles of a knockoff version, as I couldn't afford CK One for myself.

Now, the craze has passed and the fragrance is easily found at a discount. And my tastes have changed toward lighter aromas. CK One is among the few fragrances I can wear to my hospital job, without fear of offending patients. I just smell freshly showered and invigorated. I kind of love the industrial-minimal packaging; it conveys clearly that this is a casual, unpretentious comfort scent that is totally appropriate for jeans and sweats. But, just as minimalist casual clothing can be very sexy, because it makes someone approachable, CK One is pure sex in a bottle for some of us, at least!

on 8/10/2014 11:22:00 PM

Ah, nostalgia! Grab some Birkenstocks, pick a flannel, put on some rich brown lipstick, do not forget the scrunchie around the wrist, a spray of this (it is on the stronger side so it's easy to get carried away) and you were ready to take on the day! I love it still, though in a lot more moderation than in my teenage years. Unlike some of the new perfumes I've purchased recently, it lasts almost all day for me. It's not the best out there, not the worst. But for a second after spraying my wrist, I'm about to slip on those silly sandals and pass notes in class. So I'll keep a bottle handy for those days when I need a little mood boost.

on 1/14/2014 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

CK One has been around for a very long time now, and while I may have liked this in Middle school - as a grown-up it's not my thing any more. Crisp, Citrusy, Easy to wear and Unisex. Mid priced, and easy to procure.

on 1/5/2014 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was my signature fragrance in the 90's in my 20's. It is totally minimal & fresh. I wore it for years along with CK BE. It is very green and musky on me. It's something that I looked forward to wearing every day and I am 39 now and still like it.
Overly popular unfortunately and has gotten a bad rap.
I smell mostly bergamont, musk, green notes, lemon, rose and cedar.

on 11/24/2013 8:43:00 PM

I loooooove this scent. CK One has a strong citrus top note and warm musky basenotes. It's not exactly sweet, but I think there's something about this scent that makes it more feminine than unisex. I'm not a fan of the screw top that my bottle came with (bought in 2010), but I think they're packaged with a spray cap now.

on 8/21/2013 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

this is by far one of my favourites, I used to smell this on a female collegue and loved it and bought it for myself. its fresh and clean which is something i look for in perfumes. this is something I like to wear on weekends with some jeans, shirt and sneakers,also this used to drive my ex crazy was his fav too.I will always repurchase.

on 6/15/2013 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I remember seeing the CK one adverts on the tv when I when I was teenager and wishing that I could be a supermodel like Kate moss or Jenny shimizu.they get to look good in all their pictures when their young they get paid colossal amounts of money for looking good and they get all the designer fashions and beauty products for free aswell as getting to travel the world on photo and video shoots as part of their job.

The supermodel phenomena of the 1990s must have made that every little girls dream in the western countries and with all these beautiful women came the cult of designer goods marketed to a new target audience that the previous generation weren't really targeted in the same way.

Co one was one of the cultural products from that era nd it came in a frosted glass bottle of varying sizes and was unique because it was a frangrance for young people both male and female which as far as I know had never been done before.

The scent is still something that suits
young people best because it has a very fresh citrus fragrance and for women who arnt girls anymore they should try a more sophisticated scent like Carolina Herrera 212 sexy for example otherwise the scent wont match up with the aging of the woman wearing it.

I stopped using eau de toilette instead I use scented cream as I can also use it as deodorant and it wont sting after shaving.

on 5/22/2013 6:10:00 AM