April 24, 2014 | 957 users online

Lip Liners - Guerlain - Lip Liner #00 - Cupidon

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 2:57:00 AM More reviews by gali

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Cupidon by Guerlain is my holy grail lipliner. Why? Well, let me count the many uses I have for it. I use it as a highlighter over my upper lip line in the middle of my lip. I use it over a darker lipstick as a highlighter under a clear gloss and it is oh, so pretty!
I use this lip liner to prevent lipglosses from bleeding and for a better staying power. I even use it as a lip primer! Yes, I do and it works great for me. When I feel like having an Angelina Jolie lips, this is what I reach for, and it makes for one big gorgeous pout. I would describe it's shade as a shimmery light beige, but such a pretty shimmery beige. Will I repurchase? You bet!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 3:17:00 AM More reviews by wanos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love it, love it. Great for highlighting the M of your lip, the colour is very nice, kind of nude pale pink with a bit of shimmer, lips look really plumped and full, but I dont think it can work for everyone. So if you have a chance, try it first and then buy. Only negative is it can be used up really fast. But overall it is a great product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by etmg

I agree with another reviewer that this is a product you don't really need but it is nice to have. It is basically a highlighter for the cupids bow. When I remember to apply it (not very often) it does make the upper lip look nice and full but, as I said, it is one of those products that you have for months but only remember to use it every so often.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a long, slim pencil that, once set, will last and last!! Though it's a bit hard to chose a color with the few swatches online. Some people might think that Cupidon is a great color for a nude lip--IT ISN'T! On the Sephora site it looks like a neutral nude color. Cupidon is a sparkling sand color, like a muted, washed-out gold. It is a METALLIC Shimmery color...Just thought that might help someone out in the future. My pencil is going back, I don't really do metallic gold lips, thankyouverymuch! But that is my only problem with it, the formula is top notch, I like that it comes with a little sharpener too. Apparently, some gals use it successfully to enhance the cupid's bow (hence the name...), but I find the shimmering color waaay to obvious, a bit of carefully placed gloss could do the same thing...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I already have MAC Mother Pearl, which I'd purchased as an alternative to this harder-to-find Cupidon. I use it to define the bow of my upper lip, and I love the golden sheen. But truth be told, I hardly ever can be bothered to add the extra unnecessary step to my makeup routine. Still, when I found Cupidon, while the purpose for it is similar, it's such a different shade to Mother Pearl that of course, I fell for it and had to try it.

This shows up on my fair golden skin as a pinky white with shimmer. It's different from Mother Pearl in that Mother Pearl looks obviously applied on my lips (because of the artificial gold color, perhaps), and this looks like my lips are really shaped that way.

It's pricey, though, and a total luxury, not at all a necessity. I've got it, but it's sure to sit in my makeup tank for years, only to be forgotten.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 5:39:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cupidon works well for what it is hyped for- defining the cupid's bow and doing here and there "lip highlighting." I would love this pencil if it was half the size and half the price, because I only use it on 2mm of my lips. I have been using it lately with a variety of pinky nude shades and it does give a little something extra to my "look."
Would rebuy, as I only reserve no rebuy for truly crap products. I just think Guerlain could get a lot more mileage out of this with a smaller size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 9:32:00 AM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this lip liner as a bow enhancer. It doesn't last long, since I am constant lip balm applier. I have found a new use for this item. I was about to go out and purchase a eye liner enhancer, when I thought I would give this item a try. It really works for highlighting/brightening the tear duct corners. It really wakes me up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by colormepink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This little gem is truly the bomb! Just a little to highlight the cupid's bow (not on the lip line, but outside and above it--just a little) and it makes any lipstick look perfect! Ah, how small touches can make such a big difference. Respectfully submitted, colormepink

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2006 3:18:00 PM More reviews by miranets

This is one of those little things that you don't really need at all, but because it is so unique I HAD to try it. I have naturally VERY full lips that lacks a well defined cupid's bow, but I have quite a wide non-lip flesh gap above my upper lip which is the perfect place to line with the #0 cupidon. The shade of this liner is a fleshy peach with a white shimmer, it suits my skin olive/yellow skin tone well. I normally have to use an invisible/clear liner around the outer edge of my lips to stop lipstick from feathering, then I line with the #0 cupidon. This pencil is also a great under-eye highlighter too. The effect of this on the lip is very subtle, not like a glary milk-froth type of highlight, but again this can be emphasised by applying a wider line. I don't really like the brush that is on the other end of the pencil, the fibers are totally crap, so hard they could probably pierce the skin and they are clumped together.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2006 3:52:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

The concept for this lip pencil is wonderfully quirky and cute--"Cupidon" is supposed to be a sort of highlighter for your upper lip. Look closely at any high fashion magazine spread; nearly every one of those pouty-lipped models has a faint sheen above her upper lip; almost like sweat but more attractive. Cupidon gives you that same effect. You outline your cupid's bow (not on the lip itself, but just above it) with this pearly cream-colored pencil (there's a hint of fleshy pink here to prevent it from being stark white) to subtly define and draw attention to it. Don't worry about looking strange--the effect is subtle, especially if you use the other end (a little brush) to blur the line a bit. The texture is nicely smooth and the pencil draws well. The packaging is luxe, slightly silly and adorable. Because this doesn't go on my actual lip, it lasts longer than a normal lip liner, especially if I'm not wiping my mouth with a napkin at lunch or something. I've also found that it makes an excellent highlighter for the inner corners of the eyes. While I really enjoy having and using this, I'm not entirely sure I'll get another since it's very expensive and hard to find. But I'll have fun with mine while it lasts :)