April 17, 2014 | 1931 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Whipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Kayraven

Take it from a lipbalm junkie - this is great! I have recently developed a chocolate obsession while on a diet so I have gone out to seek an army of cocoa butter chocolate smelling care and this is one of my fave products so far.
I have at least a dozen lip balms in tubes, tins, jars, sticks and this is one of the highlights of my collection. It smells lovely - like milk chocolate, goes on sheer with no tint and tastes sweet and natural. The texture is a bit unusual - it is quite hard but melts instantly when heated from contact with human skin. I clearly dislike poking and smearing it with my fingers so I just apply to lips straight from the tin by pressing and smearing. Looks weird in public but I'd rather look odd than go around sporting a chapped pout.
This is NOT a life saver and SOS remedy for super chapped dry winter lips (I feel your pain mates!) but it definitely helps with the dryness and redness. Makes your lips soft, beautiful and yummy.
I do however hate the packaging. A plastic tin or smth more solid would be better. Alternatively a stick would be perfect.
Vegetarian, cruelty-free and all natural - what is not to love? (Minus the packaging of course).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 6:02:00 AM More reviews by MacroPig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only lip balm that works - really, properly works - on my lips. I've tried so many lip balms, including the failsafes like Lanolips Banana Balm and Kiehls #1. They all taste lovely and apply easily, but ultimately leave my lips drier than they were to begin with. I wanted to like these lip balms - thoroughly researched them, paid the money - but they just didn't work.

Whip stick is a distressingly brown colour, with a strange grainy texture. It has to be scooped out of its little tin and awkwardly smeared on. Brown grains will end up all over your mouth before they melt in to your skin. I think they've changed the recipe because the chocolate-orange flavour is almost cloyingly strong. But nothing, and I mean NOTHING, leaves my lips softer. The softness lasts for a long time as well - this isn't one of those balms that's been formulated to compel you to reapply and reapply.

Buy it. Blanche at its unsanitary little tin and gag at the overpowering chemical orange flavour. But buy it and use it, it just works.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by VanellopeVonSplenda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really enjoy this balm! To me it has decent texture in the tin, good taste, and feels AWESOME on my lips!

A lot of people say that it is pretty hard and it takes a bit of building up a little heat to get it out, and it is true but personally I don't mind. I like not having to worry about getting too much balm out the first time.

The flavor is fantastic, it's a very subtle chocolate flavor with a bit of orange. In fact it's pretty much akin to those orange flavored chocolate balls I used to see in the markets.

The best part about LUSH's lip balms in my opinion is how light they feel on your lips. Many balms to me feel fairly heavy and I don't really like that coated feeling I often get with them. With LUSH, I feel like I can get a decent and comfortable coverage on my lips without feeling like all that much product is there.

I love this product but I think it is just a little pricey. Regardless, I'm very glad I went ahead and got it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this lip balm but only because it is the cleaner UK version. I've tried the US version before I realized it had paraben and borax (aka, the stuff you use to kill ants and bugs!). UK version is smooth, moisturizing and doesn't get gritty over time. It also moisturizes and doesn't dry out my lips over time like the US version. Has anyone caught on to the drastic ingredient difference?? Sucks to have to order from overseas. Come on North America Lush......can we get the better formulation here??

Ps. The scent does smell a little like chocolate but when on the lips, a strong smokey scent develops? I don't pick up any orange? Still nice though.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Nandana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't take it even if someone gave it for FREE!!! First off, opening the tin itself is such a pain. Getting the product onto your lips is even worse. Its hard as rock! I have to keep it near the heater, wait for it to get soft and then apply...now who wants to WAIT to apply a lip balm? Ok once you apply, here's what sucks...it STICKS like a hardened wax coat on the lips!! Absolutely hate it. I am never buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by snowglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Give me cheaper, better smelling, non-weirdly tinted Palmer's Cocoa Butter over this any day of the week. Like many Lush products, this one is a bit bizarre in terms of smell and application. I like the smell - like chocolate and oranges! But I hate applying gritty things to my lips, and this balm is GRITTY and hard to apply. It takes awhile for the grit to melt once applied, but still does not function well as a moisturizer underneath lipsticks. Pass.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Disappointing scent, taste and texture. The product smells too waxy, with little chocolate and no orange scent. Tastes waxy as well. Texture is somewhat stiff when applying, and the product has no staying power. Not worth the money at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Lush lip balms are amazing if used correctly. They seem waxy at first because you need to rub your finger on it to warm it up so it gets melty/spreadable. Sometimes they are really dry and don't spread even after warming them up; in that case you need to break through the 'top layer' and stir it up. They are very smooth and creamy and feel very moisturizing on. These HAVE improved my lips a ton and are the only liobalms that help my dry flakey lips in the winter. Works especially well in combination with the lip scrubs. The scent is chocolate with a bit of orange - smells delicious but doesn't taste at all (which is probably a good thing). The packaging is inconvenient for travel but its ok for use at home. This isn't supposed to be tinted but is a tiny bit, not very noticeable when on. $7 so it's mid-range price, but I've bought so many icky liobalms for $1-$2 that never work so for me it's worth it. Will last a long time even with daily use since such a small amount is needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by waywardvictoriangrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really dry lips from medication, and I remembered by this lip balm a couple of years ago when I was in London and liking it, so I decided to try it again.
I am SO GLAD I picked it up. I don't know why I ever stopped using it. It smells DELICIOUS and it really does help my cracked, chapped lips.
As an example, my lips are so chapped that it's not uncommon for me to wake up and discover that my lips are bleeding and cracked. I used this balm the first night I got it, and I woke up to lips that were soft, if still chapped. It was like a miracle.
Also, it doesn't break out the skin around my mouth, as other lip balms I've tried tend to do.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by aksharad

This is the second lip balm I've tried from LUSH (first being Honey Trap and I adore it!) I must say this one's equally just as good! It has the similar solid feel of honey trap.. But once it's warmed, the texture feels beautifully soft and silky. It looks like chocolate and smells like chocolate too with a hint of orange.. And I think the smell is absolutely delish! Now the color of the balm is dark brown.. and on your lips it appears almost clear with a slight brownish tint which shouldn't bother you since it doesn't look very obvious. Yes, its moisturizing and softening, smells amazingly good and i actually like the packaging.. so all in all, its a very good product! The price is quite high for a lip balm, but this little tin lasts for a considerably long time, so I'm okay with it.