October 20, 2014 | 1490 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Whipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by nessav06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! I've purchased this twice already and used it up both times to the very end! I had really dry, peeling lips during the summer one year and this saved it! I was amazed because heavy duty stuff like blistex wasn't able to do the trick but this did it. It has a very nice chocolate and orange scent. It doesn't taste like anything and it applies very smoothly. The first time you use it from a new tin, you do have to sort of warm the product up but eventually you'll stop having to do that. You do have to use your finger so some people don't like that but I like ones in a tin container like this better than the stick packaging of anything else. It's slightly more expensive of a lip balm so I whenever I spurge on this I feel extra happy. I like this more than the popular Honey Trap version. That just smells like play-doh to me. And this works better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 7:32:00 AM More reviews by RoxieHeart

I love this balm as an overnight lip treatment. The packaging is awful as the tin gets dented easily if you chuck it in your handbag and I will never understand why companies put lip balms in tins when it's so unhygienic! If this was in stick form or if they melted it down and put it ina tube with an applicator wand I would use it more, but as it is, I would only recommend using it as a night treatment.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend this as it's the only lip balm that works for me when my lips are a mess in winter. I've used it when they were chapped and sore and after about 2 days of use the were much abetted and not sore and my lips were in perfect condition within a week.

It can be a bit gritty due to the mousse like texture but if you rub it in week they soon dissolve. It gives a nice slightly brown tiny to your lips and covers them well without being oily or sticky. It smells nice but I don't taste anything from it so don't buy it purely because of the fact that it's supposed to taste like chocolate.

Like all lush stuff, it's quite expensive, but I've used so many different balms per the years and this is the one that I've kept repurchasing for the past 10 years. Brilliant product and mostly safe ingredients. If they would just remove the pointless synthetic. Flavouring and put it in a tube it would be perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by porcelianine

Lovely formulation, works brilliantly on my lips. Feels nicely thick and waxy. Really helps with chaped lips, makes them soft and nice. I am not a big fan of the smell as I am not much of a chocolate lover. Do not worry about the colour as on the lips it appreas transparent. The reason why I won't be repurchasing this balm is the application. I like to reapply my balms often, usually it happens when I have a spear moment in a bus or while standing in a que and I can't ensure that my hands are always perfectly clean, that makes it a bit tricky to apply the balm with my fingers. I would prefer a lipstick shaped applicator.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Kayraven

Take it from a lipbalm junkie - this is great! I have recently developed a chocolate obsession while on a diet so I have gone out to seek an army of cocoa butter chocolate smelling care and this is one of my fave products so far.
I have at least a dozen lip balms in tubes, tins, jars, sticks and this is one of the highlights of my collection. It smells lovely - like milk chocolate, goes on sheer with no tint and tastes sweet and natural. The texture is a bit unusual - it is quite hard but melts instantly when heated from contact with human skin. I clearly dislike poking and smearing it with my fingers so I just apply to lips straight from the tin by pressing and smearing. Looks weird in public but I'd rather look odd than go around sporting a chapped pout.
This is NOT a life saver and SOS remedy for super chapped dry winter lips (I feel your pain mates!) but it definitely helps with the dryness and redness. Makes your lips soft, beautiful and yummy.
I do however hate the packaging. A plastic tin or smth more solid would be better. Alternatively a stick would be perfect.
Vegetarian, cruelty-free and all natural - what is not to love? (Minus the packaging of course).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 6:02:00 AM More reviews by MacroPig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only lip balm that works - really, properly works - on my lips. I've tried so many lip balms, including the failsafes like Lanolips Banana Balm and Kiehls #1. They all taste lovely and apply easily, but ultimately leave my lips drier than they were to begin with. I wanted to like these lip balms - thoroughly researched them, paid the money - but they just didn't work.

Whip stick is a distressingly brown colour, with a strange grainy texture. It has to be scooped out of its little tin and awkwardly smeared on. Brown grains will end up all over your mouth before they melt in to your skin. I think they've changed the recipe because the chocolate-orange flavour is almost cloyingly strong. But nothing, and I mean NOTHING, leaves my lips softer. The softness lasts for a long time as well - this isn't one of those balms that's been formulated to compel you to reapply and reapply.

Buy it. Blanche at its unsanitary little tin and gag at the overpowering chemical orange flavour. But buy it and use it, it just works.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by VanellopeVonSplenda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really enjoy this balm! To me it has decent texture in the tin, good taste, and feels AWESOME on my lips!

A lot of people say that it is pretty hard and it takes a bit of building up a little heat to get it out, and it is true but personally I don't mind. I like not having to worry about getting too much balm out the first time.

The flavor is fantastic, it's a very subtle chocolate flavor with a bit of orange. In fact it's pretty much akin to those orange flavored chocolate balls I used to see in the markets.

The best part about LUSH's lip balms in my opinion is how light they feel on your lips. Many balms to me feel fairly heavy and I don't really like that coated feeling I often get with them. With LUSH, I feel like I can get a decent and comfortable coverage on my lips without feeling like all that much product is there.

I love this product but I think it is just a little pricey. Regardless, I'm very glad I went ahead and got it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I really like this lip balm but only because it is the cleaner UK version. I've tried the US version before I realized it had paraben and borax (aka, the stuff you use to kill ants and bugs!). UK version is smooth, moisturizing and doesn't get gritty over time. It also moisturizes and doesn't dry out my lips over time like the US version. Has anyone caught on to the drastic ingredient difference?? Sucks to have to order from overseas. Come on North America Lush......can we get the better formulation here??

Ps. The scent does smell a little like chocolate but when on the lips, a strong smokey scent develops? I don't pick up any orange? Still nice though.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Nandana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't take it even if someone gave it for FREE!!! First off, opening the tin itself is such a pain. Getting the product onto your lips is even worse. Its hard as rock! I have to keep it near the heater, wait for it to get soft and then apply...now who wants to WAIT to apply a lip balm? Ok once you apply, here's what sucks...it STICKS like a hardened wax coat on the lips!! Absolutely hate it. I am never buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by snowglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Give me cheaper, better smelling, non-weirdly tinted Palmer's Cocoa Butter over this any day of the week. Like many Lush products, this one is a bit bizarre in terms of smell and application. I like the smell - like chocolate and oranges! But I hate applying gritty things to my lips, and this balm is GRITTY and hard to apply. It takes awhile for the grit to melt once applied, but still does not function well as a moisturizer underneath lipsticks. Pass.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Disappointing scent, taste and texture. The product smells too waxy, with little chocolate and no orange scent. Tastes waxy as well. Texture is somewhat stiff when applying, and the product has no staying power. Not worth the money at all.