October 24, 2014 | 1741 users online

Palettes - MAC - Jet Black palette-Saks Excl.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

LE 2004, Saks exclusive

Glitter Cream in Shimmerene - sparkly golden beige creme

Eye Shadow in Shroom (Satin) - champagne-beige with slight shimmer, lighter than Shimmerene in the pan

Eye Shadow in Shale (Satin) - purplish-plum with subtle shimmer

Eye Shadow in Greensmoke (Lustre) - "tarnished olive" - shimmery ashy olive green with golden undertones

Product - Shimmerene is a shimmery golden buttercream color and great with my AAB/NC25 skintone. The Glitter Cream is like a Cream Colour Base but with more sparkle. The texture is slightly drier than a CCB, so I warm this up under my fingertips before applying. I pat this on with my fingertips; if I try to blend I get sparkly fallout, but it can be whisked away with a fan brush if needed. I use it as a highlighter and as a base for the eyeshadows. As a base, the sparkle definitely shows through the satin e/s, so it makes the palette a bit more versatile. The eyeshadows are finely milled and nicely pigmented. They blend well and go on true to the color in the pan. Great way for non-MAC gals to try several shades.

Packaging - Black metal compact with large pan for the glitter cream and three rectangular pans for the e/s. Full size mirror under the lid and M.A.C on the top of the lid in crystals. Eyeshadow brush 213SE included; very good quality with a soft, medium-sized head and compact handle.

Overall - Took me a long time to get my hands on one - but definitely worth the wait! For gals like me who love green e/s and smoky eyes, Greensmoke is a great find! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2006 11:59:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

I love MAC palettes but i hate all existing shades! The saks exclusive palette came with 3 shadow shades and one shimmer cream in a black credit card sized palette but thicker. MAC was in crystal also in black. Super cute compact. Inside you get Greensmoke, Shale, and Shroom shadows. Greensmoke is a shimmery dark olive green with golden undertones, Shale is a shimmery purple with golden undertones and Shale is a light cream highlighter shade. You also get a nude Glitter Cream in Shimmerene which I dont really like. Great compact for a newbie but for those who collect MAC, these shades are all in different compacts.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2004 1:48:00 PM More reviews by merleskaya

A great MUAer kindly did a CP of this for me after I'd read the reviews and saw that Shroom, one of my favorites, was included. I generally avoid pre-made shadow palettes because I very rarely can use all the colors. I'd wanted to try Shale and Greensmoke for awhile and the Shimmerene, which I use as a highlighter, is a great bonus. This is a great compact for brown-eyed girls, and the compact itself with its dark and sultry black crystal "MAC" on top makes you feel like a rock star when you whip it out of an evening bag!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2004 3:53:00 PM More reviews by love2buymakeup

I love this palette!! What can I say? This has to be one of my favorite palettes! I love the colors shroom, shale, greensmoke, and the glitter cream shimmerene with the 213 mini brush. But I think my favortie part of this palette is MAC spelled out in the rhinestones on the front. This was well worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2004 10:28:00 AM More reviews by tgparks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Found this great little palette at Saks the other day. Was looking for a little pick-me-up and this fit the bill! It is in a mirrored black case with Swarovski crystals on it that spell MAC. It is the size of the smaller palettes from the past. It has Greensmoke, Shale, and Shroom as well as a nude Glitter Cream in it. So pretty! I don't own any of these colors so I was thrilled. They look great together. Greensmoke is a shimmery dark green, Shale is a frosted plum-taupe, and Shroom is a champagney highlight color. A great little find.