April 17, 2014 | 1688 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Be Delicious

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of those fragrances that simply did not work for me. I wear a pretty diverse range of fragrances. I wear everything from Navy to Love's Baby Soft to Taylor Swift's Enchanted Wonderstruck to a designer impostor version of 212 on Ice (called 747 Chill). A lot of the beauty gurus on YouTube were all frothing at the mouth over Be Delicious. I sampled it at Ulta. At first, it smelled very nice. Sort of a crisp apple fragrance with some floral notes. It reminded me another fragrance that I can't put my finger on, but something from way back in my teen years. Maybe something I picked up at Bath & Body Works?

After about thirty minutes, however, I started to get a low-grade, nagging headache. I'm not terribly sensitive to perfume, so I assumed I was just tired. But then I started getting this weird nauseous feeling whenever I'd catch a whiff of the perfume. I noticed it had gone from a nice apple, fruity note to something very off. Almost a bug spray/laundry soap smell. More of a musky fake floral smell than a fruity one with blossom notes. If it weren't for the fact that my sister and sister-in-law had also sampled this fragrance, and had a similar opinion of it, I would just write it off as the perfume not working with my body chemistry; however, all three of us tried it on, and all three thought it turned weird after a short period of time. Apparently I got a little bit on my sleeve of my shirt, and after multiple washes it still stunk like Be Delicious.

I thought maybe, just maybe, my reaction to the perfume could have been due to the fact that I was just getting over the flu from hell, so I saw it at Wal-Mart one night and decided to try it again. I think this time it might have smelled even worse, because Wal-Mart fastens their tester bottles to the shelf and you can't pick it up, spray away from you, and pass your arm or body through the mist. Instead, you have to stand at a weird angle and try and press the spritzer button. So with this setup I practically doused myself in this perfume. Even my husband, who isn't picky at all about perfume, thought it was awful and begged me to take a shower as soon as we got home. Suffice it to say the car ride home was super unpleasant, since it was so cold outside I couldn't roll a window down.

The bottle is adorable, and in the bottle it smells amazing. The problem is that those amazing notes don't translate once you spray it on your skin. Something really bizarre happens and it doesn't have a very pleasant scent at all. I was thoroughly prepared to spend the money on this, because I'm a big fan of nice perfumes, but this definitely did not live up to the hype for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by salmard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love it...!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I got a sample of Be Delicious from Sephora, and I fell in love with it immediately. I love apples, but the pure scent of apple is rather disgusting to me. However, this fragrance smells faintly of apples with other scents. I'm awful at describing scents and identifying notes, but I really like this. It's fresh and not overwhelming. The packaging is really cute as well! However, the price is ridiculous to me. The 3.4 oz (or the biggest size) is $84. That's extremely pricey to me, which is the only reason why I'm not buying the full size. I really wish this wasn't so expensive. I really love this scent, but I can't afford that expensive of a perfume.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by KarmaEls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this in mini size. And I'm glad I did. This smell "unique" and when you imagine about a garden full of freshness, this is it. It's an OK product but because there is nothing special about this so wont buy it again

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by butny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

mehhh... this is a fresh smell it's not overwhealming smells good, very daytime appropiate and everyone can tell what you're wearing. Not a favorite but definitly when i dont know what to wear ill wear this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Be Delicious just smells sour to me -- it goes on sour -- dries down sour & acidic. It contains notes of tart & tangy Granny Smith green apple, grapefruit, cucumber, and some florals -- but it's mostly about the tart, tangy green apple. NOT sweet red apples, this is the sour Granny Smith green variety. Plus grapefruit -- what could be more sharp & biting than Granny Smith green apple plus grapefruit?

Everybody raves about Be Delicious, calls it so "fresh", but for me, it's just biting -- and I've never really enjoyed tart, tangy, sour perfumes. They give little zingy shocks to my nostrils & brain all day long. I prefer mild, sweet, soft, warm, skin-musky, or yummy gourmands -- not nose-crinklers.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Silvertip

Fresh, fresh, PERFECT! I looove this scent. It's... Perfect! Crisp, supercleaaan, airy, somewhat sweet at some point. LOVE IT.
(My mom thinks it smells like dirt and vodka, but that's her opinion ;) )

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 4:09:00 AM More reviews by ASPERGIRL

I love these. They smell nice and are not overpowering. And the apple bottles are adorable! I can't wait to get more.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by kaytd

one of my favourite perfume!its scent isnt too strong and sharp and doesnt tingles in ur nose like some other perfumes do..the packaging is cute and quantity wise the bottle is huge for me so its a win-win for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love it! So fresh and different