November 29, 2014 | 883 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Be Delicious

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by liorak

This smells awful! I ordered the set online as a gift for someone and went to 2 different stores to smell it to make sure I was actually smelling what I did... This smelled like alcohol and honey, not perfume. I was with a few others and they all agreed! As soon as I get the set, it is going straight back. Save your money and get something else! Cute packaging though...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an okay fruity base fragrance. It's the bottle that sold me...an apple it's super cute. I plan on keeping the bottle on my dresser after I'm done using it. I may even decant and fill with something else.

As an Eau de Parfum, highly fragnant and lasts about 6 hours. Just one spritz on my wrist and then I pat my other wrist to disperse. Apple, and fruity but not over powering.

I personally prefer spicier scents, but my Hubby got this as a gift for me. Like I stated the bottle is super cute. I'll keep the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A perfect fruity, fresh scent.
The bottle is very cute, shaped like a glass apple, which was what caught my eye.

Only giving this 3 lippies because it's not too distinct a scent and one could easily find cheaper alternatives to this in Bath & Body Works.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by sphynx97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am not a fan of this hyped sensation.
I have a hard time finding a light and fresh perfume for me that i like and isnt soap in a cute bottle.
And this one was a big miss.

It got a soap smell to it that stays for that hour. The perfume dosent stay long. I rather put on actuall soap than the perfume.

But if u like those soapy fruits (got a hint of green sour apple) then Be Delicious might fit u.

Have in mind I am not drawn to these kind of perfumes. The only reason that i even own this perfume was because i got a great deal with a cute bag with the buy. Hihi opps ^-^
I am glad i only got 7 ml.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Hobgoblin

This is a pleasant and light perfume that I've been sampling. I also have a sample of the Be Delicious Skin Hydrating EDT. They both smell the same to me except the EDP is a bit stronger and definitely lasts longer. It's light and stays close to the skin. It's a clean, but not soapy type fragrance you could wear and people might mistake it for your shampoo or a particularly good smelling hairspray instead of perfume.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Lybarra118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

From the moment this perfume was released, I would spray it on a test strip every time I walked into Sephora. Every. Single. Time. I always wanted to buy it, but something always had me second guessing myself and walking out of the store without it. Well, it's been years since it's release and I finally broke down and bought a rollerball about two months ago.
No, no, no and no! It's way too sweet and sharp for me. It's headache-inducing. It smells great at the store and in the bottle, even on a tester, even at first spritz, but give it two minutes...stomach ache. Give it thirty minutes...headache. I so wanted to love this one for summer, but it doesn't work for me. It's a very, very sharp, in-your-face floral. Bleh.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Amichellee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite perfumes! I got this for christmas and im in love with the scent! It smells very smooth and fresh!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been wanting this fragrance for so long after trying it in magazine test strips. I finally got a sample of this to spray on myself and I am not as happy. I think this smells lovely in the package, but on me not so much. This smells very floral and not much apple which I expect based on the packaging. The packaging looks like an apple so I assumed this was more fruity.

I have had the reaction as another reviewer stated which was that this is a rather annoying fragrance and tends to cause headaches for me. I am not sure why this happens. I do have severe problems with headaches and migraines so I do not want a fragrance that encourages these issues. This is a pass for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of those fragrances that simply did not work for me. I wear a pretty diverse range of fragrances. I wear everything from Navy to Love's Baby Soft to Taylor Swift's Enchanted Wonderstruck to a designer impostor version of 212 on Ice (called 747 Chill). A lot of the beauty gurus on YouTube were all frothing at the mouth over Be Delicious. I sampled it at Ulta. At first, it smelled very nice. Sort of a crisp apple fragrance with some floral notes. It reminded me another fragrance that I can't put my finger on, but something from way back in my teen years. Maybe something I picked up at Bath & Body Works?

After about thirty minutes, however, I started to get a low-grade, nagging headache. I'm not terribly sensitive to perfume, so I assumed I was just tired. But then I started getting this weird nauseous feeling whenever I'd catch a whiff of the perfume. I noticed it had gone from a nice apple, fruity note to something very off. Almost a bug spray/laundry soap smell. More of a musky fake floral smell than a fruity one with blossom notes. If it weren't for the fact that my sister and sister-in-law had also sampled this fragrance, and had a similar opinion of it, I would just write it off as the perfume not working with my body chemistry; however, all three of us tried it on, and all three thought it turned weird after a short period of time. Apparently I got a little bit on my sleeve of my shirt, and after multiple washes it still stunk like Be Delicious.

I thought maybe, just maybe, my reaction to the perfume could have been due to the fact that I was just getting over the flu from hell, so I saw it at Wal-Mart one night and decided to try it again. I think this time it might have smelled even worse, because Wal-Mart fastens their tester bottles to the shelf and you can't pick it up, spray away from you, and pass your arm or body through the mist. Instead, you have to stand at a weird angle and try and press the spritzer button. So with this setup I practically doused myself in this perfume. Even my husband, who isn't picky at all about perfume, thought it was awful and begged me to take a shower as soon as we got home. Suffice it to say the car ride home was super unpleasant, since it was so cold outside I couldn't roll a window down.

The bottle is adorable, and in the bottle it smells amazing. The problem is that those amazing notes don't translate once you spray it on your skin. Something really bizarre happens and it doesn't have a very pleasant scent at all. I was thoroughly prepared to spend the money on this, because I'm a big fan of nice perfumes, but this definitely did not live up to the hype for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by salmard