Boudreaux's Butt Paste

4.6

on 2/10/2015 11:52:00 AM

I ran out of sunscreen, (never a good thing) so instead of doing my outdoor workout and killing my skin in the sun, I used it with a sponge makeup applicator, and it blended in incredibly. I have sensitive skin, that is typically red in areas, and the redness disappeared right away. It feels soft and supple, not greasy... (The sponge applicator may be the trick to that even blend). I even feel like my skin looks even in color and brighter! Hmmmmm, this may be my new multi-use face cream! Hoping it doesn't break me out. Will report back.

...It's been a month, and I LOVE THIS AS A FACE CREAM!!!! Under makeup it is so nice.. Of course has SPF. Before bed it is great for waking up with super soft skin. Takes away any redness... So great!

on 3/18/2013 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Here I thought I'd have to create an entry for this! Turns out I'm not the only one who loves it. I use this for sunburns and it works like a charm. Of course I try not to burn in the first place, but if I do I put this on 2 or 3 times a day and it heals the burn faster and I either peel less or don't peel at all because it keeps my skin so moisturized. I used to use generic diaper rash ointment for my burns, but I like this way better because the color isn't as obvious on my skin as the white stuff, and it smells better. I also love that it comes in a small 2 oz. tube so I can take it on vacation in my carry on no problem.

The only caveat I'd include about using it as an after sun product is that it doesn't do anything for the immediate pain, but it seems like a lot of products that do make you feel instantly better include alcohol, so those aren't necessarily better anyway.

It's exciting to come here and read all the other great uses for it too!

on 6/13/2011 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

OMG! I had a stubborn infected sore on my foot that I had been taking strong antiobiotics for. The meds upset my stomach, and made me feel generally awful. I hated taking it, so I stopped. I soaked the foot, kept it clean, and put on triple antiobiotic cream with very little consequence. I went to a baby's 1st birthday party, and her Grandma looked at my foot and said, "Put some butt paste on it." I thought she was crazy, but tried it, because I was becoming a bit desperate. The next morning it was considerably less red, not swollen at all, and had dried up. I immediately went and bought some to keep on hand. After reading all these reviews, I am going to be using this stuff forever. AMAZING!

on 4/11/2011 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use Bordreaux's Butt Paste for stubborn adult acne (I alternate with this and Tea Tree Oil mixed with jojoba or coconut oil) and it works like a charm. I slather it all over my face overnight, and by morning, any zits are mostly gone and my skin is nice and soft. Also works great on cracked dry skin...on your face or pretty much anywhere else on your body.

The secret "healing" ingredient in this stuff is the boric acid...the same thing you used to find in the old Pond's Cold Cream (only they used Sodium Borate...buy the generic stuff now if you want the old recipe of Pond's).

on 5/5/2010 10:02:00 PM

I wanted to use a more natural deodorant, but what to do about body odor? I tried the crystal stick deodorant which you need to wet and then apply. I always followed the directions and it never worked for me. Then I tried Earth Science which is okay now, but at first made my armpits peel and does contain propylene glycol. I also had Nuxe Tonifique deo, which worked well but eventually fades by the afternoon/evening. I read about using zinc oxide creams as deodorant or part of deodorant layering on the green board. At first I picked up one of the generic diaper rash creams but at home reading the ingredient list saw that most of them contained parabens and talc. This has a shorter list than most diaper creams: zinc oxide 16%, peruvian balsam, citric acid, castor oil and mineral oil. I'm not as concerned about the mineral oil as I am other brands having lots of different parabens, talc and alcohols. So I exchanged the generic brand for the Butt Paste and I'm more than pleased. I use a pea size amount for each underarm, rubbing it all in. I then layer any other scented deodorant on top (like Weleda, or floral water). I really didn't think it was going to last at all in the heat, walking around all day so I even brought babywipes and a chemical deo in my purse. To my surprise it worked! There's no scent at all from bo. I'm shocked. I will keep using this as deo, it's been very gentle and effective. As long as you rub it in and let it dry a bit, there hasn't been any stains on my clothing. It's also good for those sensitive to fragrance. Will keep buying it.

Update: I really have to warn anyone that is allergic in anyway to Peru Balsam NOT to use this. After using this for about a month (including using it for several days in a row in sweltering heat in NYC) I developed a rash around my armpits, (not *in* my armpits. lol). Was very itchy, red, irritated. There are several other ingredients related to Peru balsam (tolu) that apparently may cause this reaction, so before you buy please either test this first or check to see if you are allergic to said related ingredients. Some MUAers have mentioned this reaction in their own children when used as diaper cream. I went off it and back to Earth Science deo and will try once more to see if it was the Butt Paste or something else. I've subtracted 2 lippies because of this.

on 11/6/2008 9:38:00 PM

ok, this review is for Dr. Boudreaux's Baby Kiss lip and cheek paste/balm. OMG this stuff is the best. What makes me believe this? Let me give you a run down of just a portion of all the lip junk I have tried thhus far: smith's rosebud salve- all flavors, carmes, aquaphor, blistex-all formulas, chapstick-all formulas, nivea, bare escentuals, lypsyl-all formulas, vaseline-all formulas...whew- i could go on but have to stop.

Here's the deal. I am a 1st grade teacher in a room that is directly over the boiler room. We have used our a/c 3 days this week (and it's been in the 60's this week). The week before, the kids and myself were all sweating even though it was in the low 50's outside. If we open windows, the building is too close next door to give us a breeze.

My lips were chapped. I don't mean dry and peely...not just red or flaky...I could barely open my mouth to eat food because the entire top of my lip was cracked, dry, and peeling- not my lips but all the skin around it. I was at my wits end.

I did some searching on the computer and I found this stuff. My routine of using the Baby Kiss daily/hourly even-as needed- and using the Dr Boudreaux's butt paste (yup-that's right) at night for more intense healing at that point- fixed my lips in about 24 hours. I can't believe this stuff. Really did WAY more than I ever hoped! Hope I never run out!

Where did I find? on drugstore.com but did a locator search and found it at Target for 2.99!

Packaging looks like the Blistex lip ointment(white stuff) in a white tube with angled tip. It's clear and not too thick but not runny at all. Soaks in and feels great!

on 4/28/2008 3:39:00 PM

Great for bad diaper rash! Doesn't smell like much (a good thing), and goes on easily. The tube is handy for on the go.

on 3/3/2008 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been buying this since my seven year old was a baby....serves its purpose well...it is very thick, which I guess is good so it will last in a diaper...not sure about using it for anything else...but I have a cut on my stomach, maybe I will try it out tonight and see if it will heal it!

on 3/2/2008 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was a little off put by the name, but otherwise this is an effective product. I applied some randomly to a dry patch I had on my stomach and it practically disappeared. The area felt soft and non-greasy. I don't care too much for the scent, but its tolerable. I can see this being a multi-purpose cream, as I even applied it to my elbows and a rash I received on my cheek. Worth a shot.

on 1/31/2008 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I saw this as a featured review, and was intrigued. Read the review and picked up a tube at Walgreens. I put this on my son's chin, to see how it might help with his acne, and it did take the red out and clear things up a bit. What I'm most impressed about is that I put this on my toes for ingrown toenails. I woke up the next morning with no pain! I did try this on my dry heels, and they are slightly better after one use. This doesn't go on like a paste (white like Desitin, for example), but liquifies and goes on clear. I'm sure I'll continue to find uses for this.

Popular Body Skincare Products