October 23, 2014 | 1035 users online

Cleansers - Yves Rocher - Pure Calmille Cleansing Gel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

This was my first cleanser. Doesn't dry my skin out, but it doesn't really remove makeup very effectively either, which I thought it would based on consistency It can handle some non-waterproof mascara and face powder, but not my liquid foundation and definitely not my waterproof-mascara. It foams decently. Didn't dry my skin out. I disike this mainly because it stings in my eyes really badly! When I had very sensitive skin, it didn't like this cleanser. Now mu skin is just slightly sensitive, so it's OK with it. For the price, I have found many more things that are more effective since. One of them that is much like this, but doesn't sting my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by cyung79

This is a great basic cleanser. I have used this for years, and have gone through multiple bottles. It doesn't foam too much, which I love, and leaves your skin nice and smooth, not dried out at all.

Sometimes I stray away, but I always end up coming back to this and am wondering why I tried something new!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by lattevaniglia

This is the best thing to have ever touched my face! Clean, fresh scent, little lather but nice gel-feel, doesn't make my face oily or dry, doesn't break me out ... this cleanser does what it's supposed to do, and it does it well. The price is reasonable for the amount of product you get (I got mine for CDN$6 on Boxing Day, and still have a little over a sixth left ten months later. Already bought another bottle for 4 euro in France!) Very gentle on the skin, and that scent is a lovely way to be sent off to sleep to and an invigorating one to wake up to in the morning. This gel also works great as a makeup remover. I will always return to it. HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by pb84

OK product, can be used alternatively with Cetaphil whenever I feel my face is more oily/dirty than usual.
It doesn't lather so you can use it with Clarisonic just fine. it's nothing miracle other than a gentle product. But keep in mind this is not as gentle as Cetaphil.
I have a very reliable indicator that is how fast my skin get oily. The slower my face produce oil, the gentler my face wash is. With Cetaphil I can have an hour of no oil on face, with this one I got 40 mins :)
The cap, not sure if it's only happened to my bottle, but it feels flimsy and unreliable in closing. Hence 3 for that.
Also, even if it's stronger than Cetaphil, just as that one, it doesn't help in preventing blackhead. If I go fully use Cetaphil/Yves Rocher cleanser, I will definitely get blackhead so I usually have to compromise by using those product in morning only.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

lovely gentle cleanser, great price, flip top lid is a bit fiddly, BUT i dont fear it will pop open in a travel bag so thats a + for me.

Removes my makeup perfectly, and sicne i use the cornflower eye makeup remover this gets rid of all of the residue. I can also use it on my Olay brush (like the Clairsonic) with great results. I have noticed no drying at all, lightly moisturised, no irritation from the fragrance, didnt make my eyes run etc.

Will buy again, and it seems to always be on sale which is a bonus, however even at full price it is still great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Lolliebollie

A few years ago I started using the Clinique rinse off foaming cleanser. I thougth it was ok, but imagined there had to be better cleansers in this world. So I saw the good reviews about this pure calmille cleansing gel. I'm in Europe and those products are very cheap over here so I thougth I'd give it a go. Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed; it didn't remove my make-up more than the Clinique cleanser did so I left it on my shelf and it remained untouched for months and months. Then I tried the comforting cream cleanser (also from Clinique). What a waste of money! It didn't even remove my make-up for 50%! That's why I tried the Yves Rocher cleanser again. And strangely enough...it works really well! Even better than the rinse off cleanser! I've even bought a new bottle last week!
It smells nice and fresh, gives a nice lather and when I wipe my face with a cotton pad with lotion afterwards, there's very little make-up left on it. I use a lot of product though, but that's no big deal because it's so cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is all right, but nothing more. It's a decent face cleanser, but it didn't leave my skin soft, smooth, radiant or anything like that. I have relatively dry skin and didn't notice it getting worse (or better) after using this gel. I will not repurchase because I feel there's much better out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by ButterFlo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is absolute perfection to me. I have combination skin, prone to dryness as well as slight breakouts at times. And this cleanser has balanced out my skin so well. Even though it's not specifically meant to treat acne and I didn't expect it to either, I feel like I don't break out at all since I use it. On the other hand it's not harsh, it feels really gentle. Plus it smells fresh and kinda lemony, gives you a good kickstart into the day.
I still don't think you should expect it to treat severe skin problems since it is meant for all skin conditions and is sort of a compromise-cleanser, but for me it's ideal. Definitely going to stick with this product a very long time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by magica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive dry and sensitive skin This One favorite cleanser from Pure calmille is very calming
and hydrating and takes away my makeup really good it makes my skin feel soft and
smooth and it doesnt give pimples this far best face cleanser from the line I like is
cheap the bottle last long time you just need small amount to wash your skin it smell
nice too like natural product and gel feels like Aloe vera it doesnt lather like typical
face wash because is soap free I give 5 stars is great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by perfectflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I like this cleanser it was recommend to me after I told them I use dove facial wipes which are very harsh like most drugstore brands. I will wait and see if I will be this again though.