July 29, 2014 | 989 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Naturals Juicy Green Apple Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The Good: Fragrance, consistency, basic ingredients, cone-free, no noticeable build-up.
The Questionable: Not necessarily for people with hair needs like dry, frizzy, very damaged. However, this isn't a highly stripping shampoo. It just cleans.
Every Suave Naturals shampoo has a different feel, although the ingredients are similar. This one has some glycerin inside, and when paired with the conditioner and apple detangler, my hair feels light and clean. I love dying it, and this doesn't mute the color.
Recommended for girls with basic shampoo needs and also as a body wash in a pinch. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo really doesn't do anything amazing for my hair but I LOVE the way it smells. I would always feel happy when my mom bought me the bright green bottle at the grocery store when I was a kid.
It isn't AS drying as some other of the sauve shampoos, but it still doesn't do any magic tricks for my long hair. I still buy a bottle, like once every 2 years, just to enjoy the smell.
Very ultra basic shampoo, very average overall.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by momincali

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My son has been using this for years... at least 4 years that I can recall. He loves this shampoo and has insisted on using it this whole time. At 99 cents, I didn't argue much, though I don't like using cheap stuff on my own hair and I would have rather bought him something else.

A few days ago, we ran out of it, and I didn't buy more. He didn't say anything this time, and he started using another shampoo labeled "silicone free" that was in the shower. Amazingly, his ACNE is COMPLETELY gone after making this switch! This is acne that benzoyl peroxide of every brand and type didn't touch.

I am suddenly reviewing the ingredients of this shampoo and the silicone free shampoo to see what's different. I haven't seen my son without severe acne for a few years, and I'm shocked to see that it could have been ingredients in shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is very stripping & harsh. My hair looks & feels bad everytime Ive tried it, which has been 10+. Besides, the apple scent doesn't stay in your hair. I will not ever use it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HOLY CRAP this $1 bottle of amazing smells ruined my hair. I shouldn't be surprised because of the ingredients but JESUS it was terrible. After using this for maybe 3 weeks (on and off) my ends became a frizzball of ridiculousness. I actually had to grow my hair out for a year in order for the frizzy ends to subside.

I used this because I liked the smell and heard that it actually wasn't bad, but I really should know better. I would never recommend this to someone who has medium to fine hair, or someone who heat styles.

P.S. - there is nothing "Natural" about this. Natural is an unregulated marketing term. Smells fantastic, though.

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Propylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit, Methylisothiazolinone, PPG-9, Glycerin, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by KristenArkansas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this because of the great reviews it had and because I need my hair to smell good after I wash it. My hair is sooooo thick and long and its really hard to get it clean deep down. This lathers well and washes out easily. I have been trying to stay away from cones and while I am sure there are drying agents in this my hair is looking shiny and soft. I will probably use this every few days and use something creamier once a week. Really worked well to clean my scalp and leave a deep down fresh apple scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by adrota

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a good shampoo at least imo. I bought it just because it was on sale & I thought I would try it out. Not a bad investment for the price. It smells good. I think the packaging is basic but good enough. Does an overall good job at keeping my hair clean. Would recommend it among Suave products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by HelenaTroy

This is a great simple shampoo that won't cause buildup or strip your hair. It actually contains fewer detergents than most other shampoos and there is no no sodium lauryl sulfate, which is a very harsh detergent found in a vast array of other shampoos.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by dee0219

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I wanted a shampoo that left my hair feeling clean, didn't cause buildup, scalp itch or dandruff, that could also remove buildup from conditioner, and this is it. My scalp feels better than ever, and my hair is squeaky clean. Plus, it smells delicious in the shower. That being said, I don't notice that it does anything particularly positive for my hair such as providing moisture, but be that as it may, I will be buying this again, and recommend this as a no-frills, basic shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I only used this once, but I used it after a long day at work and I didn't want to really lather up my hair and all diddly, my head felt refreshed!! I was like, WOAH. I used Suave for a long time, the 2n1 kids, stopped when I had buildup and large chunks of hair was falling out so I was skeptical to continue this. However, I think I'll use it once in a while when I had that one night. Not a green apple fan either, but smelled good and didn't linger too. Worth a try.