Urban Decay Thames liquid eye liner [DISCONTINUED]

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/22/2009 4:37:00 PM

I bought this from a discount site and it was VERY cheap (along with some others which im reviewing too: chains & smog) when i got it i thought the colour looked really drabby in the container but once applied it is gorgeous! theres a nice sheen to it which doesnt make it so flat looking as it is in the container, i like using these liners as a base for eyeshadows too as it makes them pop (always ensure u use a good eye primer first like UDPP or which ever u prefer to prevent creasing though) i love putting steamy eyeshadow from mac over this liner it is so beautiful, a good dupe for steamy eyeshadow is the darker green in the fantasy island duo eyeshadow from too faced, so if u have that try it out :) would definitely repurchase, and recommend to everyone!

on 5/26/2008 8:49:00 PM

Looks like there's a special on 5-lippie reviews from me today! Just thought I'd post reviews on some of my recent faves. Thames is *certainly* one of them. I purchased it during UD's most recent F&F sale, when most of the RIP items were 50% off. It has quickly become a staple in my 10-minute MU routine. Although it looks like a very dark green in the container, it has a beautiful metallic sheen that tones down the harshness. This color really accentuates my brown eyes, and I imagine those with hazel and blue eyes could probably wear it beautifully, too. Many of the previous reviews mentioned the lovely thin brush; I have to agree. It's easy to make a nice, thin line, but holding the width of the brush along the lash line makes a gorgeous thicker line. This liner wears quite well through a bit of a sprinkle, but it won't last through a big sob-fest. Although it's been D/Ced, it is still available in the RIP items on UD's website (listed as "Liquid Liner Vintage").

on 5/2/2008 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great dark emerald green color. When you smudge the liner it looks more green. I love it on my brown eyes.

on 3/28/2008 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My favourite liquid eye-liner - great colour, easy to apply, stays on. Am now going to purchase more colours.

on 2/4/2008 7:33:00 PM

This is a very pretty shade! I don't know if it looks like the Thames River or not, but it does remind me of a foil holly leaf on a Christmas card!! Its a very nice colour, and I was able to get one from swap since they've been DCed. It lasts and lasts just like all UD liners. LOVE IT!

on 1/9/2008 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this colour is SO beautiful. i bought two of these when urban decay was clearing out their stock for just $20 without trying them first. these are actually as cheap (cheaper, actually) as drugstore eyeliners because each one is 6mL, and drugstore eyeliners are around 3mL! (EDIT: whoops, i read the mLs wrong, so i changed my review to reflect that. sorry!) anyway, i think everyone has described the colour perfectly - it's dark smoky metallic green/teal. the product is SUPER easy to use - i've never used liquid (so i was really paranoid while ordering it) but the brush is great for doing thin lines! what i do is, i wipe off excess product on the rim, and that makes the brush totally flat so you can make thin or thick lines. i usually regret ordering makeup online but i'm SO glad i bought two cause you can't really get them any more!
oh, and PS: unlike black liner (which can sometimes make my eyes look smaller) this definitely makes my eyes look bigger! and it isn't super bold and green either.. it's quite sneaky. my mom didn't even notice it wasn't black!

on 8/15/2007 12:05:00 PM

I have to add to the love-fest! I love all the UD liquid liners, the formulas glide on easily, the brush is perfect and they stay put, even through concerts, humid days and crying jags. Thames was the first colour I bought. I love to do the 40's pin-up winged liner thing, this is that look with a modern twist. A dark gun-metal green, it really makes my brown eyes pop. I think this colour would best suit brown or hazel eyed folks with a variety of warm complexion tones.

on 7/26/2007 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a beautiful eye liner! I never would have bought it if not for these reviews, but now I can't imagine going without. The color is gorgeous, the applicator is great and it stays on all day. I have really dark brown eyes and never considered a green eye liner, but am so glad that I got it! You'll love it!

on 7/11/2007 11:19:00 PM

Fabulous, fabulous e/l. I love UD's liquid liners across the board, but this color is a beautiful and surprisingly versatile dark teal/green, and just subdued enough that you can wear it to work if you have a relaxed work environment. The staying power is fabulous and the applicator brush is great for making a precise line, or angling for something more dramatic.

on 4/2/2007 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Such a beautiful color! Like all UD's other liquid liners, it's very long-lasting and easy to put on. This one makes an amazing and simple smokey eye. Gorgeous.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products