August 1, 2014 | 1864 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Merle Norman - Luxiva Preventage Firming Eye Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by mujigae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

horrible..

it just started to become white little balls under my eyes...
especially when i put concealer on... whats the point of using an eye cream that you later rub off...

this so called SPF eyecream is like a layer of white glue that you can rub off

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good eye cream in terms of SPF but it didn't do much in terms of moisturizing. My not too dry skin needed more moisture by mid-day. But it's a descent make-up base. I will buy again but will make sure to use some other cream underneath.
UPDATE: I took 1 lippie off since in that jar the cream dries out pretty fast. Once it did - it becomes very hard in texture and literally turns into tiny white pieces once applied.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another thank you to MUA as I would never have tried this amazing product if it wasn't for MUA. So far, this is the BEST eye cream I have found for day. As you see from my extensive list below, I have tried MANY brands including the most expensive and this cream is sublime (not even considering the $32-36 for .5 oz price).

I love this eye cream b/c it moisturizes very well (but is not greasy), leaves the eye area very soft, "bright", gently firms yet subtly fills in the lines and like the reviewer below, it has helped the "crepe" issue of the lids. The eye cream works beautifully with my concealer & eye make-up (no balling up, no grease, etc.). The only complaint I have about this product is that I wish it was in a more sanitary pump or tube vs. the jar. I recently went 1 day without this eye cream for travel & I had a travel size of Lancome Absolue instead. After using the Lancome Absolue, my eyes were tight and dry and I learned to really appreciate the Merle Norman Luxvia Eye Cream after this trip. For night I still ADORE Awake Renovation Eye (richer, heavier than the ML eye cream so too heavy for day but applying at night and waking up to soft, smooth eyes is a dream). My favorite facialist of 4 years (who used to assist plastic surgeons, etc.) is very impressed with my eye area and would like to try this Merle Norman and Awake product.
***Update 2/8/10 - after 6 months, I found this MN product would ball up when I applied concealer on top (but this did not happen in the beginning). I use now only this when I am without eye concealer (going to the gym, etc.). I am now using for day: Perricone MD 1) Vitamin C Ester Serum topped w/ 2) High Potency Lift and 3) Cosmedicine's Eye Specialist (when I need extra moisture on top).

I had no idea how to find this product so I went online to the merle norman website and they had a listing of their national sales centers (I called and I purchased this product from the closest one to me in NYC).

Past eye creams I've tried and discarded: Darphin, Caudalie, Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate (didn't moisturize enough & eyes were a little uncomfortable, feeling tight), La Mer, La Prarie (Anti-Aging SPF 15 - ok but weak compared to Awake), Natura Bisse Diamond Extreme Eye (worked but then stopped being effective), Perricone Alpha Lipoic Eye (effective at first but not later), Prevage (caused milia), ReVive Eye Renewal, Shiseido Benefiance (too rich & caused milia) , Relastin's Eye Silk (effective at first but not now), Lancome (Renergie Micro-Lift, Primordiale Intense, Absolue - all felt nice but ineffective), E, Lauder (Advanced Night Repair), etc. I am Korean, 42 yrs old but most think I'm 28-32. Although my under eye area is very dry, I have combination skin (dry in winter, slightly oily in summer however prone to plugged pores and occasional breakouts). I use: Natura Bisse, DHC, Jurlique, MD Forte.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2008 4:48:00 AM More reviews by labellapaloma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great eye cream and I am picky when it comes to eye treatments b/c I find that most only last 5 minutes in the moisture department and they have no residual effects other than being a smaller, more pricey version of the bottled moisturizer.

I have been using this product for 1 month along with the Luxiva cream and am very pleased. This is an ultra hydrating cream formula that leaves the under eye area feeling soft, not greasy. The real plus is that it softens lines and brightens the eye area. As well, it seems to improve creepiness of the lids and makes make-up go on smoothly. Wonderful product for a bright more youthful eye. This one is even better than Clinique All About Eyes.

Note: This product has an ingredient that supposedly assist facial muscles snap back, thus it is a great product for increasing/enhancing the longevity of botox.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

i don't know if i would buy this again, as i am trying to switch to more natural products, but it does seem to be a good non-irritating spf eye cream. it's pretty thick, but does not cause milia around my sensitive eye area, and my makeup does not pill over it. a very usable, solid option to prevent eye wrinkles.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 3:37:00 PM More reviews by wannashine

Wow-I am so mixed about this one! On one hand, I LOVE the texture and the way it makes my eyes feel-very hydrated without being greasy and putting it on feels so nice and luxiourious like other reviews have said and I get no irritation at all from it.. BUT...it totally balls up under my make-up! :( So then I am stuck trying to get all of the teeny balls off of my eye area which results in some inevitable pulling and rubbing which I don't like. I've tried waiting forever to put make up on and tried putting it on right away and all variations in between but no luck! I may purchase this again as a night cream even though it is intended for daytime use just b/c it feels so nice-if I can't find anything else as good. I have also tried the newer wrinkle smoother eye cream they have but that left a sort of sticky film and irritated my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

love this firming eye cream with spf. one of the best i have seen. i must say i am shocked at the prices others have paid... here it goes for $24. very nice eye cream that hydrates and smooths.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 1:18:00 PM More reviews by avalonia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So happy I discovered it! Love this eye cream all around. SPF 15 especially. Will give it more time to see just how firming it really is, but so far am finding it to apply, absorb and moisturize like a dream. And no irritation at all. I've been using it morning and night. Since the SPF is physical and not chemical I guess it's ok to sleep with it on. Worth $29 I paid for it. Since not much is needed it will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 11:42:00 PM More reviews by milliep22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I truly love this eye cream. I had this dry patch under my eyes for such a long time and even high end eye creams didn't get rid of it. But I started using this and the dryness was gone! Love the consistency too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2007 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

This is an HG product for me. Makes the delicate, fragile skin around my eyes feel soft, plump and healthy. Leaves a finish that is as soft as a flower petal in texture - not heavy, sticky, tacky, shiny or overly moist (which are various problems I have had with other eye creams). Preventage just makes my skin feel and look soft, healthy and natural. The added benefit of spf 15 (titanium dioxide and octinoxate) make this eye cream perfect. This is actually the only Merle Norman product I use, and I continue to go back and purchase this time after time because I cannot find any other eye cream that works as well as this one. I've tried Chanel, La Mer, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Erno Laszlo, Clarins, Clinique, Obagi, Olay, Neutrogena, and so many others that I simply cannot remember them all, and yet Merle Norman Preventage Firming Eye Cream beats them all. I know I'll continue to test other eye creams (I cannot resist the words "New and Improved!") but I also know that in the end I will come running back to Merle Norman for my Preventage like I always do. Truly HG for me. 5 lippies!