November 21, 2014 | 1921 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by liorak

I absolutely love this TM! I love a sheer coverage, I do not have a lot of acne or anything like that. I do have slight redness around the nose, this covers that up! I tried it on a friend and it looked soo good on her as well. It has a very natural look, when you see it on it's not like "oh I like your foundation" it's more "your face look naturally flawless." I do love this very much, does not break me out. This is not the right thing for you if you have very problematic skin and you need full coverage. It does not claim to be full coverage, so for those that complain about that, I have no idea what you were thinking buying something that says "sheer coverage." I do wish there was no spf, but because it is a TM, that's how they all come. This stuff is beautiful, definitely something I will buy again! I will say there is only one issue (with packaging) the product goes into the lid, but the product itself makes up for it. I currectly have the shade SAND for when I am slightly darker, and will be getting myself the NUDE shade for my lighter winter days.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Becca2319

I LOVE this product. It's so much lighter than a foundation but still gives enough coverage for everyday use. I have acne scarring and this with concealer is all I need. It's hydrating and light. I wear nude but also bought a shade darker for when I went on holiday, it was all I needed! Fab product and would recommend to anyone

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by aemccall81

I love this. Great coverage but still very skin like and the shade selection is awesome. I've used for years, no breakouts, no clinging to dry patches.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

`Porcelain` shade. OMG, how much I LOVE you! Yes. I have almost flawless skin and very pale, very sensitive. But I do have occasional redness. I wanted a very light coverage foundation, tried many and didn`t like any. So a sales assistant from the Lancome counter actually took me to LM to show me that this IS the best natural looking thing (she could show me) on the market. I was hooked instantly. The color match is perfect for my skin. It has a light coverage. I use a normal moisturizer under it though!!! But really, it NEVER sits in my pores, never makes them seem larger! It looks so natural that my friends can`t believe I am wearing anything, yet my skin is soft velvet looking, flawless, natural, healthy. I really can`t rave enough about this at all. On me at least, it is excellent. Never turns dry, never changes color. Maybe the trick is to use a moisturizer under it like I do?! The price is quite high, $43, wow, but I am really hooked on this stuff...I apply it mostly on my cheeks and under my nose, not even on my entire face. Don`t overdo it, just where you need it and because the color is really 100% perfect, there is no line on my face. LOVE IT and the only TM I will buy again and again, makes my skin look like velvet, no enlarged pores. :-)
(For even less coverage I can recommend the Aveda Tinted Moisturizer).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Traceyface

This is my go-to lightweight everyday tinted moisturizer. I started using this in the winter time which is a true test for me considering I'm quite fair and don't like that overly bronzed look on myself. I stated mixing it in with my foundation which also helped my skin look dewy as opposed to dried out which it usually would in the winter. Seriously, I can't say enough about this product. It is versatile, you can wear it as is (summertime) or mixed with something a little heavier (winter) and just a dab will do. This had lasted me almost 8 months this far. Gives makeup such a professional look but is very user friendly! A must have!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by AshKay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first experience with a tinted moisturiser. I am a 44 year old with naturally aging skin with a few fine lines, hyperpigmentation, slight redness, yet neutral light olive normal skin. My main aim with my naturally aging skin is to have flawless looking skin with the use of foundation. Not easy. I am also a self confessed foundation addict and should start a foundation addicts anonymous club!
I have tried every foundation from cheap to high end brands and my last two that I have used with some success have been EL DWL (intensity 2) and Mac Pro long wear NC 20.

I have heard good things about Laura Mercier and thought I would give her foundation a try. Popped into David Jones and was literally attacked by an over zealous LM make up trainer who despite my request for the silk creme foundation, insisted I try the Tinted moisturiser (Nude) and along with the LM radiance primer (bronze) and camouflage concealer duo (4) to achieve the "flawless skin", LM tag line.

After applying the primer, I looked orange and commented on it, but was told I looked sun-kissed (note to self- listen to your inner voice you are always right) and after the tinted moisturiser was applied, looked distinctly "au natural" (read obviously flawed). Despite this I allowed the LG make up trainer to apply the camouflage concealer to my pigmentation areas which to be fair did conceal them.

Long story short, I was bullied into purchasing products for $266 (Aussie dollars) which I did not want...I left with tinted moisturiser, primer, concealer for face and eyes and setting powder and puff (which I hate for hygiene reasons). It sucks being a politeness junkie!

The tinted moisturiser colour in nude is a good match. Ladies if you have perfect skin with even tone, this is a good option for you. However, ladies with real skin and real 40 plus skin issues such as uneven tone, redness, pigmentation or sun spots or discolouration, this is really not an option. Why would any sensible person try to slap on 3 products (for the price of three! ) instead of one good coverage foundation product at a third of that price. Not to mention it is a waste of time to apply tinted moisturiser (which covers nothing), then have a second go with (camouflage concealer) and then a third go with under eye concealer. Really?

No thanks. Not to mention my absolute disappointment and disgust with the LM counter at DJs and make up Trainer for completely disregarding this customer's preference (after all I think I know my skin better) and selling me products that will not achieve my objective. Shame on you LM sales lady at DJ! I won't be visiting again. So I will never find out whether the silk creme foundation would have worked for me. The orange orangutan look is not my personal look thanks.

Shame on me for not being a discerning customer and walking away from the counter!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by boobookeys

I'm around NC20 and the colour Nude comes off a little orange on me due to oxidation. I'm not sure if a lighter shade will match me better.

This is quite a peculiar product. When you squeeze it out of the tube and start blending it on your face (I use my fingers), it feels very thin. The watery-moisture part of the product was separated from the pigment part, so it's almost as if you're blending two products together. This made it hard to blend because you had to make sure both parts were evenly spread over your face. However, it gets better as the product begins to set on your face. The texture completely transforms, no longer feeling watery and instead feeling a bit tacky. I really enjoyed how it felt once it had set. The finish once set wasn't extremely dewy, I would say. There was more of just a dewy sheen on the skin. But it felt great because it wasn't "wet" on the face since the product had already set.

The coverage is sheer to light. I used 2 layers to achieve light coverage but stopped after that because I could tell the coverage couldn't be built up anymore. It definitely blurs out your pores and evens out the skin very well, so if you have good skin in the first place, this would definitely take it up a notch on its own. However, any other imperfections like blemishes can still be seen if you have any.

I have combo/oily skin so I did set this with a powder, but my oils break through quite quickly to the point where I needed to blot, maybe within 2 hours (this is around my T-zone).

This is definitely not for everyone. The pros of this for me is definitely how it sets, which makes the product feel light and as if you're wearing anything on your skin. However, oils break through easily and it oxidises to an orangey colour.

I'm now using this product only if I'm going out for a short while, and topped with a powder foundation to up the coverage and control the oils a bit.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by SDSok

My two older sisters and my mother both swear by this product. They've used it faithfully for years, so obviously I tried it. But I just didn't fall in love with it like they, and so many other people I've heard and seen on MUA, did. I have acne prone combo skin. It DID NOT make me break out, but it did make me feel oily. I've never used it with primer or any finishing powder, just the moisturizer. Very little coverage, okay coloring.. Idk I just didn't love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

im not sure why there was so much hype around this.. there was nothing and i mean nothing special about it. it didnt last long at all and practically slipped off my face. the colors were limited and i think it made me break out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I purchased this in the shade Nude. It seems to be a good match for NC20. I tried it a few years ago, but did not like the formula because it felt very greasy on my oily skin and didn't give me the coverage I was looking for (acne scarring). Now that I've been working on my skin care for a few years, my skin is much more even toned and more balanced. However, this still looked pretty oily on my face. After I wore it for a few days, I got cystic acne too. This is a cult favorite, and may work for some people, but not me.