July 24, 2014 | 1029 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Heavenly Angel Mist

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Camobob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this! A little dreamy and sexy. My favorite is Tease but this sure is nice for a change :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by sillage

I'm wearing Heavenly Angel Mist as I write this. I've owned a 3.4oz bottle of Heavenly EDP for many years, and it's only 1/2 gone -- and I've owned a huge 8.4oz Angel Mist (in plastic bottle, very portable) for at least a year but have barely made a dent in it. I'm not sure why, because note-wise I should love Heavenly -- yet it's never really caught on for me. I do prefer the Angel Mist to the EDP, which I think is too strong.

Here is the note list, from parfumo.net:

Fragrance Notes
Top Notes: Ivy, Cardamom, Mandarin, Quince
Heart Notes: Freesia, Iris, Lotus, Peony, Violet
Base Notes: Musk, Orchid, Vanilla

The Victoria's Secret website & store display say something like, "white musk, sandalwood, vanilla, and peony", which is quite accurate to the scent, I think. I don't smell most of the notes listed above. I've never been madly in love with Heavenly -- it's always been just "okay" to me, a bit on the bland & boring side.

Yet I love white musk -- I love vanilla -- I love sandalwood -- I love *soft* perfumes -- so I should love this to pieces -- and why don't I? I've asked myself this many times

Heavenly is mild, sweet, & very creamy/lotiony smelling -- it's light, white, pillowy soft, & sweet (not toothachingly, just mildly sweet) -- hence its angelic-ness and heaven-liness. It smells to me like a kitchen confection mixed with cold cream -- almost like a meringue -- or marshmallow cream -- or sweetened whipped cream -- or vanilla soft-serve ice cream was mixed 1/2 & 1/2 with cold cream & served up with a spoon.

It's *very* creamy, almost gaggingly too-thickly creamy for me. I think maybe if it were more textured (crisper &/or earthier/muskier/woodier) & more like nature, I might like it better. It just smells like creamy white hand lotion to me, really -- like a Jergens or something.

I can see why it's such a crowd-pleaser -- it's very inoffensive, mild, smooth, round, & pleasing. I once had a male co-worker give me a surprised, almost moaning compliment on it, -- just out of the blue, as it hit his nose: "Oooooh, you smell good!", he said.

I prefer Angel Mist to EDP, as EDP is quite strong -- actually, Angel Mist is quite strong & lasts well -- has quite a bit of throw to it. I've re-entered rooms & hallways I'd been in recently and noticed the mist's scent still hovering in the air. It's stronger than you think it's going to be.

Similar scents, to my nose, are Emporio Armani Elle (which is richer, more complex, superior quality & I prefer it), DKNY Cashmere Mist, and DKNY Pure. They all have the same soft lotiony creamy white quality, but Heavenly Angel Mist is *definitely* the most economical of all of these, by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by AdriG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I spent about 5 years searching for my "perfect scent"; that being me, just better! I learned the chemistry of it via Chandler Burr's book, "The Emperor of Scent", studied Luca Turin's "Perfumes - The Guide" (English translation, not le Fran├žais d'origine), spritzed my way down the fragrance wall at Sephora, and haunted the Fragrance board on MUA to glean any bit of insight into what might be my perfect match. I spent hundreds of dollars on exotic L'Artisan and Ormonde Jane fragrances, all to no avail. One day, while cashing in on my VS free panty coupon, I picked up a sale bottle of this stuff, thinking I could use it to quickly and cheaply spritz off the post work-out sweat stink for my drive home. When I tried it, I really liked it, and started to expand its repertoire. Now, every time I go out to meet up with friends and lean in for the requisite "hello" hug, I consistently get complemented, as in "Ohhhh, you smell sooo good!". Several men of my acquaintance have informed me that I also smell good enough to eat, not that I approve of cannibalism mind you, but I was flattered. I do think it is a body chemistry thing, 'cause I have tried hundreds of perfumes that have been lauded as a HG of scent, and on me smelled like cat pee or bug spray. Interestingly enough, Daisy is the only other popular scent that smells good on me.

So, give it a try, it might be "you", too :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say of all the Angel scents this one is my least favorite (Angels Divine is my fav!). The smell of Heavenly is pleasant enough, but doesn't work with my body chemistry. It's hard to describe this scent on my skin it's almost like a mixture of perfume and leather lol. I know that sounds strange but I do not like this scent on me at all. I give it 2 lippies because I think the scent is nice on other people just not on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by CharleneCasey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to wear this religiously in high school.

Usually I wear Miss Dior Cherie, but I don't like to waste that on days when I'm just going to work or running errands. Recently, I picked up a smaller (2.5oz) purse size version of VS Heavenly at the after Christmas sale and it hasn't left my bag yet! It was $10 (regularly $15). A few sprays last a few hours and wear well. I like how it lingers on clothes the next day without going sour as some "mists" or "sprays" have done for me in the past.

Funny how 10 years have passed and I still enjoy this scent!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by xoxoarcade

One of my very first fragrances. I loved it sophomore year of high school until a friend convinced me this smelled like mosquito repellent. Wish I didn't think of that now every time I smell it. Great that it comes in a light plastic bottle, so you can throw it in your gym bag with no worries.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by pinklabel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample sized bottle of this last year for free and I'm glad it was free. To me, this smells like baby powder and nothing else. I would not recommend this to anyone who wants a fruity, foody, sweet, or floral scent. I prefer clean scents and although it's clean, the powdery smell reminds me of something a more mature woman (age 55+) would wear. When it comes to Victoria's Secret scents, I'll stick to their EDT of Love Spell.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 6:53:00 AM More reviews by neonpen

I love this fragrance!!!! I have the angel mist, the moisture mist, the shimmer mist and the solid perfume. I will continue to repurchase this!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would give this a 3.5 if I could.
...
I would describe this scent as fresh and clean with a slightly musky undertone. Despite what it says on the Victoria's Secret website, I can't detect the notes of vanilla. When I first apply this, it comes across as very strong, sharp and acrid, but it settles well. Since it's a body mist, it doesn't wear as well as a perfume and I can't really smell it after a few hours.
...
Overall, this body mist smells pretty similar to its eau de parfum counterpart, but is a bit more flat. I find that the simple, clear bottle looks very elegant; it looks like glass but is actually plastic! I purchased the small size from one of the shelves they had at the checkout since I didn't want to purchase the full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by mchllbnll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

I definitely LOVE this scent. Staying power is pretty good, I think. I always spritz this all over myself whenever I go to Victoria's Secret, ha! Very sexy scent; my boyfriend goes crazy when he smells it. ;) Will purchase, and re-purchase.