August 1, 2014 | 1770 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Clear Smooth 2-Way Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by wowopin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

used to buy this when i was still on budget. The powder covers but then again you have to touch up everytime, so i have more tendency for clogged skin and breakout. the new packaging is also very cheap. the powder will break into pieces at the slightest fall of the package. I used to love the color honey, but then the sun decided it will shine on me ever brighter and now the color honey doesnt match me. i already said goodbye to this foundation. so long Maybelline.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by Houseofcarole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Tried this product cause I thought it's clear smooth pressed powder. Didn't notice that it's 2 way foundation but back then i thought "oh, okay let's try this one." When I put it on, it makes my face looks very thick and greasy, I'm not a fan of this product, the clear smooth pressed powder is way better than this one. The powder lasts long tho then again it's for me. i hate the packaging and the puff, looks very cheap. Well same as the clear smooth pressed powders, these powders are downright cheap so I don't expect miracles. It would come in handy whenever you're running out of budget. I did not repurchase after I finished one.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2008 9:43:00 AM More reviews by lilasgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It has poor lasting on oily skin but it's rather blendable for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by khymm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in #11 and use this a powder only. It is finely milled and looks natural on me. It's light on the face and doesn't give me breakouts.. it does control oil up to 4 hours. i hope maybelline would not discountinue this product..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by jessicaho

I gave this product 3s all across the board.

PROS:
- Covers well
- Blends well
- Mild, soapy scent
- Even coverage
- Comes with a functional sponge/sponge storage and mirror
- No oilies, didn't make me break out

CONS:
- You can tell I'm wearing foundation
- Lasting power...laughable. Maybe three hours, tops.
- Compact hinge where the layer with the sponge is broke on me the first day I got it

Functional product but noticeable.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2007 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Cassanova88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am not really a makeup person. But since I'm one of those few unfortunate people who has been bugged by oily skin, acne and sensitivity, I don't have any choice than to find a makeup that can be a solution to my problem. I don't know anything about makeup so before I just tried anything that I can lay my hands into. But I ended up having more blemishes without controlling the oil I have. After recovering from a terrible breakout last summer, I decided to find a good foundation that can cover up the remaining post-acne marks I have. So, having a good reputation, I tried Maybelline's Clear Smooth 2 way Foundation.

It has a pretty much cool packaging with a lid for the sponge. Pretty cool. When used dry, it goes on smoothly on the face though it did not cover the blemishes well. I can still see them. When wet, it can provide a good coverage. I thought I found my answers until....

Well, I had breakouts from using this product. On the packaging it says its hypoallergenic and "oil-free". Check the list of ingredients and you'll be surprised. What they claim to be oil free actually has oil. Can you imagine? It has some Mineral Oil on it. So why did they put in the first place that its "Oil-Free" if it has this stuff? So, thats when I realized that it was a faker. And another thing is that, Natural #21 isn't too natural. It's too chalky and it's too white than how it appears. Its good if you apply it dry. But no no for wet applications. It will make your face very fake. Plus the fact that it is so hard to blend.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2007 1:10:00 AM More reviews by wana

the oil control isn't good and it looks cakey on my face...smells a little weird too...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 7:41:00 AM More reviews by smitten8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

its and okay product....it looked make-uppy, cakey...not the best coverage, and it totally enhanced my dry patches....the packaging was bulky and it looked cheap..well it is cheap. the only good thing about it was it didnt break me out. i wouldnt repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2006 12:36:00 AM More reviews by JulianaEs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

An average product. Could do better with the packaging. Size is a bit too small for a 2-way foundation. Didn't cause breakout, good (not great) coverage although my skin looked slighly yellowish (maybe i got the wrong shade). A good buy if you're looking for a powdery type foundation that does a good job at budget price.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2006 6:40:00 AM More reviews by nickkydufton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Their lightest colour is so orange! The little sponge applicator is poor and the design of the compact is very clumsy. It kept popping open and ruining the inside of my handbag!

I had to purchase a diffrent brand because this was so awful. It piles on so thick with the awful applicator, and is un-blendable!!!